PDA

View Full Version : New phone, no Trials saved game

leejson
01-24-2015, 07:39 PM
Today I switched my phone from an iPhone 4S to an iPhone 6+. I reinstalled all my applications (as I have done several times when switching between iPhones) and, while Trials has loaded, my save is gone - I have reset back to the very beginning.

Previously all my bikes were upgraded to the max, my fuel tank was at 125, I had 14m+ coins in the bank and about 300 gems. I was also ranked 1 in the bunker. I love Trials, but I'm not willing to go through that again!

I've followed the instructions on the Uplay site as to how to recover a saved game - https://support.ubi.com/en-GB/FAQ/52/4402/trials-frontier---lost-save-progress/kA030000000ehlFCAQ - but that hasn't worked.

Any ideas? I'm in a real fix and, given previous experience, I'm not expecting the devs to help out!

angry-stump
01-24-2015, 08:20 PM
Today I switched my phone from an iPhone 4S to an iPhone 6+. I reinstalled all my applications (as I have done several times when switching between iPhones) and, while Trials has loaded, my save is gone - I have reset back to the very beginning.

Previously all my bikes were upgraded to the max, my fuel tank was at 125, I had 14m+ coins in the bank and about 300 gems. I was also ranked 1 in the bunker. I love Trials, but I'm not willing to go through that again!

I've followed the instructions on the Uplay site as to how to recover a saved game - https://support.ubi.com/en-GB/FAQ/52/4402/trials-frontier---lost-save-progress/kA030000000ehlFCAQ - but that hasn't worked.

Any ideas? I'm in a real fix and, given previous experience, I'm not expecting the devs to help out!

Are you back at the very beginning? That happens during game reinstalls, you have to play through a little bit before you're prompted for your uplay account, once you get to that point everything gets downloaded from the server. I think you have to play through a few missions and maybe get level 5 before that prompt.

It's an odd way of doing things and not at all intuitive

leejson
01-24-2015, 09:04 PM
Yep, the thing kicks off with three missions. During the third you are forced to crash, which takes you to the village. I then tried to log in to Uplay and got the choice of keeping my current (Level 1) rider or, installing a back up of the Level 1 rider I played an hour ago. This isn't looking good at all.

SerenityJoshi
01-26-2015, 09:14 AM
Hi lee,

Sorry to hear about your issue. Can you please ping your Uplay id?

llDumptruckll
01-26-2015, 08:08 PM
Hi lee,

Sorry to hear about your issue. Can you please ping your Uplay id?

Hi Lee,

I forwarded your info and the situation up til now, directly to Serenity J.

Thanks again Lee, for being so patient through all this.

-Dumptruck

leejson
01-26-2015, 09:23 PM
Thanks to both of you for putting in the time on this - hugely appreciated.

I've contacted SerenityJoshi via a private message so, hopefully, you'll see me, my fully upgraded bikes and huge stash of coins and gems back in the Bunker soon!

CasuallyDressed
01-26-2015, 10:13 PM
Thanks to both of you for putting in the time on this - hugely appreciated.

I've contacted SerenityJoshi via a private message so, hopefully, you'll see me, my fully upgraded bikes and huge stash of coins and gems back in the Bunker soon!

I hope you get sorted out. But it will be interesting to see your issue resolved while Gearer was forced to contact Apple and get refunds because nobody was replying to him... http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/990188-Pending-Support-Tickets-Post-Here/page3

RetiredRonin
01-27-2015, 02:09 PM
@leejson - Have you tried the following steps? I'm fairly certain through my discussions with Dumptruck that you have, just needing a confirmation. If you have, please let us know, then we can move onto the next step, but we will get this taken care of.

leejson
01-27-2015, 05:39 PM
Which following steps?

I wiped the new phone memory clean again and restored the backup a second time. There was some improvement in so much as I could continue my old game, but as soon as I logged into uPlay it reset itself back to the very beginning. I tried this a few times and it does the same thing each time.

I've tried setting up a new account (or logging on via Facebook) when uPlay appears, but it does the same thing each time.

I Can send some screen shots of my old game data if it helps?

PS. Thanks for the assurance!