PDA

View Full Version : What innovations do you want to see for the franchise? (lot of effort put into this)

Kiltraki
01-24-2015, 11:17 AM
I made this thread as a hub for Ubi to know what ideas we would like to see implemented in AC. Since it is an annual franchise it can get hard to innovate every installment, so this is a thread for any ideas you would like to see in AC one day. Can be from any genre, can be anything. Something you don't like in AC? Something you want to see in AC? Something you love in AC? Discuss below. I'll be tweeting this thread to Ubisoft developers and the community managers. Who knows, maybe some future installments will use some of these ideas? I'll get the ball going.

Side Content

Murder Mysteries
They should keep them but expand on the idea. It's a good premise but it needs more depth. Add actual interrogation sequences, where you sit down and study their movements and tone to see if they're lying or not. Don't make it so if you accuse them they just give up and tell the truth. That's not what some criminals do. Also, give better rewards. Those weapons were complete crap. Make them harder as well. Some of them were completely obvious. Some of them were terrific though, but again need interrogation sequences. Give us a dialogue circle.

London Stories
Keep these, but add cutscenes. I'd rather have 30 with cutscenes than 75 with no cutscenes. It just makes them more memorable and important. Think Templar Hunts of AC4, or Homestead Missions of AC3. These were good. Add more like these. The Paris Stories felt like MMO filler. Give some actual character, some cutscenes, some unique models. Some were rehashed models and a few were voiced by the same person. Quality over Quantity

Assassination Contracts
These were still kind of in Unity in the form of social club contracts, but again they could use some more depth. Make each one important instead of just MMO filler. Give each a cutscene instead of a wall of text. Give each one some mod missions, and give a little synopsis of who you're assassinating so that you actually care. At least give them a face, a name and a backstory.

With all the side content retain the black box design. This was good.

Filler
Carriage Racing and gambling etc is cool but I expect some more. These are just mini-games. I will say though it would be cool to have a race on foot against like 5 other people. Maybe like a marathon. Some of it is sprinting, some climbing, some bike riding, some carriage riding etc.

Collectibles
Remove chests all together. We're in 2015 now. Need to innovate. Instead of relying on chests for money perhaps add an auction house system, similar to WoW, but instead of going against players obviously you would go against NPC's. Give the ability to sell those materials you loot off dead bodies, and the ability to craft something together with certain materials. Allow the crafting of weapons, gear etc. This obviously means you need a reason to buy stuff. Give us cool armour sets, weapons, upgrades, equipment, colour dyes, carriages, home furniture, decorations, etc. This is where you get to be creative. The economy system in AC has been pretty mediocre. It was the best during AC4 where you felt compelled to upgrade your ship. Of course that system wasn't perfect but give us more to buy.

For the collectibles, make them feel a part of the history. Instead of floating cockades, add War Letters (similar to Rogue), or perhaps different decorations for your hideout, or certain pieces of gear (that can be obtained in other ways as well). Give each collectible a strong tie to the games systems. Have them add lore, or add to the RPG elements, rather than just 'Collect 20 for this colour dye, collect 40 for another colour dye!' etc. Be creative.

Co-Op
Co-op content is fine but honestly I think it should scale with player count. Otherwise you get missions like The Tournament which is almost impossible solo.The custscenes at the beginning of these were appreciated and made them feel important, and added backstory so keep these. Of course there is room for more multiplayer ideas, like a versus mode, races, duels. Hell you could have a gamemode where one player has to lookout for incoming assassins, and the assassins have to try pickpocket something from him/her. Just something off the top of my head. There is room for more ideas though. Don't just stick with Brotherhood and heist missions for the next 5 games or whatever. Also for versus mode add those new characters back. Add some females

Crypts
Absolutely. I really want these back. The time Anomalies in Unity served as good parkour puzzles, but I would like some cinematic linear action set pieces as well. First one that comes to mind is the level in Revelations where you're chasing that boat of gunpowder down a river stream. That was incredibly badass. You can have both open and linear missions. It doesn't have to be an either or type of thing.

Glyphs
These were also pretty cool. Since modern day is essentially out the window now, perhaps focus these around different settings. This is where you could hint towards future settings, and it would create a lot of interesting speculation. So one glyph could focus on fifth crusade in Egypt, another could focus on the Russian Revolution, another American Civil War etc. Again this is an opportunity to get creative.

General Ideas
Crafting System
We had a light version of this in AC4, AC3 and ACRo, but it didn't go far enough. Give us a use for all those random materials we loot from dead bodies in AC Unity. Let us put certain minerals together to create gear, upgrades, weapons, potions, skill points etc.

Auction House
The economy system in these games has been pretty lacking, less so in AC4. Instead of giving us hundreds of chests, give us an auction, where we can put our minerals/materials/crafted gear for sale. Perhaps you can buyout competitors goods and sell them at a higher price. It's more interesting. Think WoW, but instead of players it's AI. What would you buy with money? I listed it above, but things like crafting materials, weapons, gear, armour, colour dyes, renovations, property, upgrades to your home, decorations etc.

More homes
The Cafe Theatre was a good start but didn't take the concept far enough. Let us purchase multiple homes. Have them range in quality. You can have 1 house in each district, and you would fast travel to these. You can upgrade these houses with decorations and furniture, and if you wanted to make money from these as well you could rent them out to people for a certain period of time. The richer the district, the richer the home. The plays and coffee of the Theatre was awesome, so more stuff like that. If it's hard to picture this idea, think of the Elder Scrolls games. You can buy different houses in different cities and upgrade each of them to look really nice and awesome. If you were really ambitious you could add a Sims style create your home, but honestly I don't think it needs to go that far.

Seasons + Special Events
Bring back seasons. Bring summer, winter and spring, and give varied weather effects (why was there no snow in Unity?). Also add special events. Have a Christmas day, where there are Christmas decorations everywhere, kids having snowfights etc. It isn't necessary, but it definitely makes the world feel alive.

Gameplay

Combat
- Bring back Counter kills, but make them harder to pull off.
- Add double and triple counter kills
- Add a combo meter, and if you dodge/parry/attack enough you can pull of a streak combo where you kill a couple people. Think Witcher 2.
- Add disarm, looting in combat
- More weapons (daggers, nun-chucks, wooden staves etc)
- Fist fighting and hidden blade combat
- Make it smoother and less clunky. I swear some of the moves in AC run at likes 15 fps. Looks very clunky.
- Give us more interesting equipment aside from bombs (rope darts, mines, throwing knives, bow+arrow)
- More animations.

Parkour
- If possible make it less clunky
- Remove the floatyness if possible, or perhaps add more animations to compensate for different jumps. Sometimes in Unity you literally float upwards, like a magnet to a wooden plank.
- Make it so you can't parkour if you're just holding the sprint button. It would make this game much more enjoyable.
- Make it so you can shoot and throw equipment while holding onto a ledge of a wall.
- Keep controlled descent. Amazing idea and it was very useful in the game.

Stealth
- Make the cover system less sticky (Use Watch Dogs as an example)
- Let us use shadows.
- Instead of whistling, add knocking (knock on the wall).
- Crouch button is good.
- In interiors, if possible let us crawl across the roof, like in Splinter Cell Blacklist.
- Give us traps. Make it so we can stealth our way through the entire game.
- Let us drag and hide bodies
- Disguise skill is a good idea, but make it more realistic. Kill someone, loot their clothes, go to a secluded area and change. If it's too OP have a timer before someone discovers the body and alerts guards/police.
- Let us bribe certain guards if we don't want to fight our way into a fort.
- Give us thieves/mercenaries/*****s/Assassins to use as a distraction/combat tool.

Customisation/RPG elements
- Crafting.
- Improve on the skill trees. Perhaps give us 3 different skill trees (Combat, stealth, parkour/ranged). Ranged can have things like silenced ranged weapons, traps, faster parkour movement, better gun accuracy etc. Other two are self explanatory. Use your imagination here. These would be where ALL the gameplay changes are. Gear and weapons would be purely cosmetic. That way you don't have to choose between what looks cool and what is most effective. You can have both!
- Enhance the economy system. I went into detail about this above.

Story
- Needs to be longer. 10 hours is not acceptable in a game like AC.
- Acting and mocap is top notch, and hopefully it stays that way.
- Perhaps have varied endings. Since they've established that they use each protagonist once, they can be creative and offer alternative endings. They don't have to be major (think end of Watch Dogs), but it's better than nothing.
- Develop the characters more. AC2 did this perfectly. It didn't feel linear but it was a strong build-up. You could see Ezio growing as a character. AC3 had good build-up but it felt linear, and Unity had little build up but it was mostly pretty open ended.
- Let us talk to each of the characters if we want to know more about them. It would have been nice to get to know the Master Assassin's in Unity. Quemar, Guillome, the woman (don't know her name) etc. Would have been cool if you could go talk to them individually and learn a bit about them. Instead they're just a random face giving you orders. Mirabeau was the only one I felt compelled to take an interest in.
- Use your characters more. Don't cram your game with heaps of characters. This is what Unity did. It had Arno's biological family, De la Serre family, people of the Revolution, the Brotherhood, the Templars, Elise etc. It's impossible to develop this many characters in 10 hours. Think AC2, AC4 or AC Revelations. They didn't have a crapload of characters, which meant you could learn a bit about them. Unity should have used Napoleon and Marqui de Sade more, and ditched the Brotherhood except for Mirabeau. Keep Elise but remove all those randoms at the start of the game.
- More varied gameplay. Think Brotherhood or AC2. You had the glider, tank, boat cannon, parkour crypts, linear cinematic chase sequences, carriages, machine gun, horse combat, bombs in ACR, naval in AC4 etc. Add more gameplay variations. It gets stale playing an Assassin the entire game. Having a ship increased the replay ability of AC4 a lot.
- Have accents that fit with the time period. I've heard Ubisoft's excuse for english accents, and I understand where they're coming from but I still would prefer the French accents. It just makes it feel more authentic.

Minor Request with the setting
I find there are two ideal types of settings for Assassin's Creed. You have your specific conflicts, and your eras. The conflict are the American Revolution, French Revolution etc. The eras are the Renaissance, Victorian period etc. When it comes to the conflicts the player should feel a part of the history. He/she shouldn't be at the center of the history (like Connor), but he should partake in it. What's the point of using a conflict as a setting if you're not going to engage in the conflict? You don't have to be a part of every single battle, but at least include a few.

With eras, there aren't as many conflicts to partake in. There aren't any huge events, and therefore you can have a more focused experience. Instead of looking at battles, look at the society of the time. Look at the politics, economics, social change, foreign affairs etc. With Victory they have a good opportunity to look at the politics, the social change (child labour, smog, over-population).

So to feel a part of history:
- If it's a conflict like a Revolution or a War, take part in a lot of the important historical moments.
- If it's an era examine the political, social, economic and foreign affairs of the time period.
Intertwine history with the story. After all, what's the point of using history as the setting if you aren't going to take advantage of it.

What shouldn't return/needs altercations.
- Pointless collectibles.
- Anything to do with transmedia. Instead of locking gear away from the player for months on end, give another way to obtain it. Perhaps the auction house idea.
- Content that feels like MMO filler. Social Club Contracts and some of the Paris Stories just felt like complete filler. Add some character, cutscenes, unique models to these. This could be where you flesh out those interesting characters you craft in every game. In Unity my favourite 2 side characters were Marqui de Sade and Napoleon, and both were horribly under-used. Cutscene based side content would have done wonders. Cutscenes just make it feel more important and interesting, like the Templar Hunts from AC4, or the Homestead missions in AC3. They just wouldn't feel the same if they didn't have cutscenes.

I realise it's a LONG post, so if you made it this far thankyou very much. Post what you would like to see in AC. Hoping to get a pretty decent thread here. Put a lot of effort into this one. Going to tweet this to some devs and community managers.

Physiomer2015
01-24-2015, 11:28 AM
Great post!I agree with you on most things,but especially about story and stealth.Hell if they make stealth like you described,it would be near perfect.
As for story,i really cannot express how much important it is.Hopefully because the victorian period didn't have any major conflict,we may get a focused,character driven,pure Assassins vs Templars story,revolving around the Creed.

Kiltraki
01-24-2015, 11:34 AM
Great post!I agree with you on most things,but especially about story and stealth.Hell if they make stealth like you described,it would be near perfect.
As for story,i really cannot express how much important it is.Hopefully because the victorian period didn't have any major conflict,we may get a focused,character driven,pure Assassins vs Templars story,revolving around the Creed.

Absolutely. I feel like people think it's either a Creed story or a history story. The two aren't mutually exclusive. It's possible to have both.

With that said, I do expect a more focused story in Victory, since there weren't any major battles/wars in Victorian London. I hope they really examine the culture of the time. It's one of the main reasons I play this game. The culture of the time period is something you can't really find in other games.

Kiltraki
01-24-2015, 03:54 PM
Forgot to add. Interiors are one of the best open-world innovations I have ever seen in a video game. They need to be retained for the rest of the franchise. Literally. This needs to become a standard for open world games. It was breathtakingly awesome and new to actually go inside buildings.

TownyTownsman
01-24-2015, 08:56 PM
awesome post, hope Ubihard read this

JustPlainQuirky
01-24-2015, 08:57 PM
Not a fan of glyphs at all.

I rather they be removed tbh.

But that's just me.

Perk89
01-24-2015, 09:12 PM
Good post. Honestly I felt like most of the side content was just filler, which is an even bigger crime given that they shortened the main plot with the assumption that the side quests would stand in it's place. Murder Mysteries was alright (though given that I've played LA Noire, they felt like an extremely watered down offshoot of that) but forcing it into Victory just because it was in Unity is one of the things that has gotten Ubisoft into the predicament it's in. It would feel really forced.

I also agree about having meaningful side quests over the generic Paris-tour quests we had in Unity. The AC4 Templar Hunts you mentioned are a terrific example. I've made my feelings on co-op well known-I'd like it back, but only as a separate game mode with a plot and world inside its own personal bubble. I don't like taking important events and "reserving" them for use in co-op, and I especially don't like my single player experience to be ruined with people I don't want to be a part-speaking in relation to both the narrative, and the dependence on them to "unlock" certain gear in my gameplay.

interiors were nice, but there needs to be more of a reason to go indoors. Little things like being able to buy a drink like a Edward was able to-that's the kind of stuff that needs to be more prevalent. Make exploring rewarding-not by throwing inane amounts of collectables in every nook and cranny, but by enhancing the world and our experience and immersion overall. Bringing back actual shops and not random street corner drug dealers would aid this as well. (Sheesh it's amazing how many of the old systems were better than the new ones)

phoenix-force411
01-24-2015, 09:14 PM
I don't think Assassination Contracts ever had very much depth to them. You simply just wanted your targets dead. Unless a certain amount assassination contracts do involve something special and are ruled out into another category like Templar Agents and such, I doubt anyone would care much about depth in assassination contracts.

bitebug2003
01-24-2015, 09:45 PM
Not a fan of glyphs at all.

But that's just me.

Agreed

I think chests should stay but not like they were in Unity where you have to lock-pick the majority of them - or fight first - it's needless repetition
Collectibles should be fun to obtain and with a purpose (the cockade collecting was pointless)

Unity suffers from a lot of repetition, and excesses.

Ditch the co-op / multiplayer - it's unnecessary

meh -- this post is rather pointless and unnecessary too...

emperior
01-24-2015, 10:44 PM
I agree with you on everything, good post.

Collectibles are pointless. I can stand maximum 10 chests in the city, difficult to get but with really high reward inside.
They should have another way to make some money, like in AC3/AC4 where we could sell things for money.
Auction house would be really cool. Also more focus on gambling to make money.

Just completely remove collectibles and add MANY side-content to make money.
ALSO, re-introduce buy-able properties like we had in Monteriggioni/Roma to increase our income.
Cafe Theatre was a good idea but it could have been better.
Spending LOTS of money to change our property to make it look better is satisfying.

Here's my own personal wish list:

Things to improve:

- Improvements on Stealth.
- Improvements on Co-op. Some Assassination missions should be playable in co-op.
- Improvements on weather effects. Rain looked much better on AC4 and we could see rain on rooftops. Now on AC:U the rain looks worse.
- Improvements on performance, AC4 was 30 fps-locked while Unity suffered of some frame rate drops. Fix it.
- Improvements on customization.
- Improvements on bases. More customizable like Monteriggioni was and make it very expensive to upgrade, but with better payout. More missions like Homestead had. Cafe Theatre has too few.
- Improvements on main story. More main missions and less side missions. Longer story and explain it more. Better modern day story with an actual character.

Things to remove:

- Remove Disguise ability. It is not realistic, it's a gimmick.
- Remove red effect when doing a powerful attack with swords.
- Remove bar above enemies head for parrying. It should be a player's skill to know when an enemy is attacking.
- Remove ability to buy weapons and equipment from the menu. Make it mandatory to buy/change things in shops or base.
- Remove medicines in favor of health regeneration.
- Remove collectibles. Keep a MAXIMUM of 10 chests in all the city with high reward inside. They are a thing of the past.
- Remove ability to buy gear/change gear from the menu. Make it like it was in older ACs where we had to find the exact shop. It's more immersive.

Things to add:

- Add new weapons and new skills we can buy with synchronization points. It would be good if we had to buy some skill we usually have from the start.
- Add the ability to create an outfit so we can use our favorite-looking equipment and still have Legendary items stats.
- Add a new city/frontier much like the Homestead or Monteriggioni but we have to build it from scratch and it is very expensive but we decide how to do it and where to place objects. Basically create-a-town. If this is not possible, buying an House and customize it would be cool.
- Add new-fun games to play against friends or CPU. Something like Sword Battles, Fight Club, Parkour Race, Train Battles, Horse Racing, Swim Races, Bicycle Races, Firing Ranges, Tennis. Would add more online game modes and could be sort-of the multiplayer competitive part of the game. Those game-modes would involve money.
- Add snow.
- Add seasons and day/night cycle.
- Add new ways to make money.

Things to bring back:

- Bring back fists and other weapons we had in older games we no longer have. It would be awesome if we could buy and use more pistols, more swords (so more like Edward, with options to use 2 at one time like he did) or Bow and Tomahawk (like Connor) or Crossbow and Hidden Pistol like Ezio. Basically bring back every items we could use with other assassins. Also double hidden blades option. So basically everyone's load out would look really different.Bring back Brotherhood recruitment system and missions as in ACB/ACR.
- Bring back the wheel to select equipment as in AC3 as it was better and easier to use.
- Bring back diving, no reason to remove it, and bush stealth.
- Bring back whistling, maybe vary it up a little like add knocking or something to make noise and attract guards.
- Bring back the ability to hide dead bodies.
- Bring back Human Shield BUT only usable when enemy is at 0 health. So more balanced as no one would be so fool to let himself be used as a shield.
- Bring back the ability to use hidden blade for enemies affected by smoke bombs but make higher level enemies more difficult to stun (2 smoke bombs)
- Bring back health regeneration as in AC3 along with AC:U new combat mechanics that makes it harder to take on many enemies.
- Bring back some old assassination animations.
- Bring back buyable properties that increase your daily income.

Kiltraki
01-25-2015, 12:08 AM
]awesome post, hope Ubihard read this[/B]

Tweeted this to a number of Ubi devs, in addition to the community developers. Hoping they see this.

"Not a fan of glyphs at all.

But that's just me."

I thought they were pretty cool and unique, but to each their own. Different strokes for different folks.

"interiors were nice, but there needs to be more of a reason to go indoors. Little things like being able to buy a drink like a Edward was able to-that's the kind of stuff that needs to be more prevalent. Make exploring rewarding-not by throwing inane amounts of collectables in every nook and cranny, but by enhancing the world and our experience and immersion overall. Bringing back actual shops and not random street corner drug dealers would aid this as well. (Sheesh it's amazing how many of the old systems were better than the new ones)"

Agreed. Instead of having 1 random who sells everything, go back to having tailors sell pouches, colour dye, blacksmiths selling gear and weapons, apothecary's selling medicine etc.

"I don't think Assassination Contracts ever had very much depth to them. You simply just wanted your targets dead. Unless a certain amount assassination contracts do involve something special and are ruled out into another category like Templar Agents and such, I doubt anyone would care much about depth in assassination contracts."

If they make them feel important though people will do them. Give each a cutscene. A synopsis of the target you are killing. Give a black box mission design. Give us some mod missions. Make them feel important. If you make them feel important then people will do them.

I think some collectibles should stay (but they do need to be cut down), but make each one add to the history or the lore. Instead of having hundreds of pointless cockades, give us 50 'War Letters', similar to that of ACRo. Give each collectible a tie to the lore. That way not only will we navigate and explore your map, we will have another compelling reason to do so.

TO_M
01-25-2015, 03:39 AM
I don't think Assassination Contracts ever had very much depth to them. You simply just wanted your targets dead. Unless a certain amount assassination contracts do involve something special and are ruled out into another category like Templar Agents and such, I doubt anyone would care much about depth in assassination contracts.

The contracts in AC2 had quite some depth to them while being side-missions. Those assassination contracts are also the best in the series, they don't just consist of simple go here and kill X missions, have their own missions environment instead of being set in free-roam and are replayable so you can try different things on your favorite ones.

This might just be me but I heavily prefer contracts to the current X-stories missions

RinoTheBouncer
01-25-2015, 02:48 PM
I absolutely agree with almost everything you wrote above. Thanks for putting so much effort into it.

The story should definitely be longer. I think 15 to 20 hours would be perfect, but 10, that's far from fulfilling. And no, it shouldn't be repetitive filler missions, but actually story driven missions with lots of cutscenes and things going on.

I really hope that endings of 17 minutes and longer will return, because short endings like these totally don't fit a game like AC nor do they feel rewarding and fulfilling both in the modern day and historical segments. And I totally agree about how we need less number of characters and given enough time to develop and more story that we actually care about them.

What I really want back is a proper modern day and lore. That's the reason why I'm a fan of the franchise.

London Stories and Murder Mysteries should be less in number and more detailed in terms of cutscenes and efforts. They should be different from one another, have cutscenes and a story value, not just gameplay.

Collectibles such as chest really need to go. It's even against the very principle of being an Assassin. Why would anyone respect an Assassin who invades the homes of innocent people and open their treasure chests and steals whatever is in them? that's totally immoral. I understand that killing is immoral too, but most of the time, the people we kill had it coming. Besides, looting a few containers is one thing and having to collect 300 chests is another. I'd rather replay a heist 3-5 times and make 10x times the money I make from all the chests combined.

The main source of income should be by owning homes and buildings and letting people rent them from you or buying cafeterias and restaurants or perhaps factories since we have the industrial revolution going, as well as auctions. That would be a much more interesting source of income than chests popping around town.

Glyphs should returns the same way they used to be in ACII and AC:B. Even if they wanna make a companion app, again, glyphs of that style will fit it perfectly.

Crypts are amazing and they should return. The were one of the most interesting moments in the franchise, especially if this time, they decide to make them First Civ. sites designed the same way as they were in the Desmond saga.

I personally don't care about co-op nor any multiplayer, so it doesn't matter if it stays or goes away.

And finally, I think bringing back seasons and a proper weather system would be phenomenal.

Kiltraki
01-25-2015, 03:29 PM
I absolutely agree with almost everything you wrote above. Thanks for putting so much effort into it.

The story should definitely be longer. I think 15 to 20 hours would be perfect, but 10, that's far from fulfilling. And no, it shouldn't be repetitive filler missions, but actually story driven missions with lots of cutscenes and things going on.

I really hope that endings of 17 minutes and longer will return, because short endings like these totally don't fit a game like AC nor do they feel rewarding and fulfilling both in the modern day and historical segments. And I totally agree about how we need less number of characters and given enough time to develop and more story that we actually care about them.

What I really want back is a proper modern day and lore. That's the reason why I'm a fan of the franchise.

London Stories and Murder Mysteries should be less in number and more detailed in terms of cutscenes and efforts. They should be different from one another, have cutscenes and a story value, not just gameplay.

Collectibles such as chest really need to go. It's even against the very principle of being an Assassin. Why would anyone respect an Assassin who invades the homes of innocent people and open their treasure chests and steals whatever is in them? that's totally immoral. I understand that killing is immoral too, but most of the time, the people we kill had it coming. Besides, looting a few containers is one thing and having to collect 300 chests is another. I'd rather replay a heist 3-5 times and make 10x times the money I make from all the chests combined.

The main source of income should be by owning homes and buildings and letting people rent them from you or buying cafeterias and restaurants or perhaps factories since we have the industrial revolution going, as well as auctions. That would be a much more interesting source of income than chests popping around town.

Glyphs should returns the same way they used to be in ACII and AC:B. Even if they wanna make a companion app, again, glyphs of that style will fit it perfectly.

Crypts are amazing and they should return. The were one of the most interesting moments in the franchise, especially if this time, they decide to make them First Civ. sites designed the same way as they were in the Desmond saga.

I personally don't care about co-op nor any multiplayer, so it doesn't matter if it stays or goes away.

And finally, I think bringing back seasons and a proper weather system would be phenomenal.

Very much agreed.

I'd also like to see a return of a modern day lore. There should be a mini open world space (obviously smaller than the historical part), but it should have some fun content. Abstergo office infiltrations, hacking minigames and the usual database shenanigans should be a part of it. Thing is though, it would be completely optional. Those who don't give a crap about modern day don't have to touch it, but those who enjoy the modern day will go exploring. They could use this opportunity to let us play Galina as well, who is not only female but an interesting character nonetheless.

Agreed about the side content. Quality over Quantity. I believe a while ago I made the comparison to GTAV heists. There aren't really that many of them (five I believe), but the ones that are there are some of the funnest gameplay I've ever experienced. The same should be applied to side content here. Have less missions, but make each one more memorable. Detailed character models, new voice actors, unique mini-narratives, cutscenes, meaningful rewards etc.

Agreed chests need to go. It's getting pretty tiresome. We're 2015 now. There are more interesting and immersive ways to make money than sprinting around looting random chests on the side of the street.

Would like glyphs to return. Not sure they could do them in the same style as AC2/ACB though, since modern day is pretty weak atm. They could use this as an opportunity to hint at some future settings. It could be about different characters from different time periods. it would definitely cause a lot of speculation and interest from the gaming community.

Agreed crypts were awesome.

I don't mind too much about multiplayer, but I know a lot of people that enjoyed it so whatever. As long as it's playable solo I don't mind. If I was in charge though I would just dedicate those resources to the actual story and narrative though.

Seasons is what I want so bad. I would love to see next-gen snow. This is the best time. England and Paris are their best opportunity. Hope they don't waste it.

Thanks for the comment :)

RinoTheBouncer
01-25-2015, 05:50 PM
Very much agreed.

I'd also like to see a return of a modern day lore. There should be a mini open world space (obviously smaller than the historical part), but it should have some fun content. Abstergo office infiltrations, hacking minigames and the usual database shenanigans should be a part of it. Thing is though, it would be completely optional. Those who don't give a crap about modern day don't have to touch it, but those who enjoy the modern day will go exploring. They could use this opportunity to let us play Galina as well, who is not only female but an interesting character nonetheless.

Yes! that's what I hope to see. Perhaps a small open world section like a building or a house or maybe a linear one where we have a small office that we can free roam in and short linear missions that takes us to other places like n ACIII.

Galina is very interesting and she'd make a great modern day protagonist. And I wanna see more about Juno and the First Civ. Those are my most favorite parts.

I agree with everything you said, except for being totally optional, because once it's optional, it's not gonna be important. Paris Stories were optional yet they're very repetitive and unimportant. So if they make it mandatory, just like they've always been in the Desmond Saga, yet in a small proportion compared to the historical gameplay, then it would be perfect. I don't think it's gonna be that annoying to anybody to play a total of 1 hour modern day among 14 hours of historical missions.

Agreed about the side content. Quality over Quantity. I believe a while ago I made the comparison to GTAV heists. There aren't really that many of them (five I believe), but the ones that are there are some of the funnest gameplay I've ever experienced. The same should be applied to side content here. Have less missions, but make each one more memorable. Detailed character models, new voice actors, unique mini-narratives, cutscenes, meaningful rewards etc.

I haven't played GTA, but that sounds amazing. I'd say Mass Effect kinda side missions would be ideal. There were these loyalty missions in ME2 which were optional, yet they were very story driven, had amazing cutscenes and it affected the fate of the characters and even affected the ending, greatly which in turn affected the sequel. I know they can't make alternate endings in AC due to synching and all, but what I'm saying is that those side missions actually obliged you to play them, because they're so immersive and as well-made as the mandatory missions. So yeah, I'm all for quality over quantity.

Would like glyphs to return. Not sure they could do them in the same style as AC2/ACB though, since modern day is pretty weak atm. They could use this as an opportunity to hint at some future settings. It could be about different characters from different time periods. it would definitely cause a lot of speculation and interest from the gaming community.

Well that's more tied with having a better modern day, which I'm begging for. However, they can even make the "you" using the Helix (which I dislike so much) use the companion app to find clues left to them by the Assassins or even Juno or perhaps hack hidden partitions on the servers of Abstergo and find these. That could work.

I don't mind too much about multiplayer, but I know a lot of people that enjoyed it so whatever. As long as it's playable solo I don't mind. If I was in charge though I would just dedicate those resources to the actual story and narrative though.

I don't mind if it stays. Like it doesn't bother me. But if they remove it, I won't care, either. But I'd hate it if it becomes a part of the single player campaign that finishing multiplayer missions unlocks stuff for single player.

Seasons is what I want so bad. I would love to see next-gen snow. This is the best time. England and Paris are their best opportunity. Hope they don't waste it.

Yeah. And I really hope they work hard to make sure the rain, the snow and the wind look realistic and not just look good when they're on the floor, but affecting the characters and the world itself.

Thanks for the comment :)

You're most welcome, my friend :D

SixKeys
01-25-2015, 07:43 PM
"interiors were nice, but there needs to be more of a reason to go indoors. Little things like being able to buy a drink like a Edward was able to-that's the kind of stuff that needs to be more prevalent. Make exploring rewarding-not by throwing inane amounts of collectables in every nook and cranny, but by enhancing the world and our experience and immersion overall. Bringing back actual shops and not random street corner drug dealers would aid this as well. (Sheesh it's amazing how many of the old systems were better than the new ones)"

Please no. One thing I love about AC3-Unity is being able to buy whatever I need from one guy. It's pointless having to run around town looking for three separate dealers.

JustPlainQuirky
01-25-2015, 07:47 PM
minor random nitpick but i hate how we can change our legacy outfit from the pause screen. It kind of defeats the purpose of ever going to legacy room.

Actually there was a lot of stuff in unity where it was pointless to have rooms dedicated to them when you could access almost everything in the pause menu.

I know it's a convenience thing but it makes visiting parts of Arno's hub area almost pointless at times.

SixKeys
01-25-2015, 07:54 PM
That's not a flaw in the customization, it speaks for the redundancy of even having a customizable base anymore. The Café Theatre was pretty flavorless compared to Ezio's Villa or even the Homestead. I never felt like Arno had any sort of personal attachment to it. I wouldn't be too distraught if Victory had no base of operations for the protagonist, it's an idea that's run its course. Unless of course they can do something refreshing with it.

JustPlainQuirky
01-25-2015, 07:56 PM
I wouldn't mind.

Rogue and Black Flag didn't really have a base of operations either. (unless you count the captains quarters)

Though I do kind of want to see the Kenway Manor again so I don't mind either way.

As long as it's not (as you say) redundant.

It's just a shame because Arno's hub area is so beautiful. Especially the legacy room.

SixKeys
01-25-2015, 07:59 PM
I wouldn't mind.

Rogue and Black Flag didn't really have a base of operations either. (unless you count the captains quarters)

Though I do kind of want to see the Kenway Manor again so I don't mind either way.

As long as it's not (as you say) redundant.

It's just a shame because Arno's hub area is so beautiful. Especially the legacy room.

Black Flag had Great Inagua. The fact that it's so easy to forget is just more proof it's pretty pointless.

JustPlainQuirky
01-25-2015, 08:00 PM
AC3's homestead is my favorite.

Even though there isn't much to do in it aside from craft and outfit changing.

It just feels so much like home. And that's emphasized in Rogue too.

I only wish Connor could jump into the beds and sleep :3c

Namikaze_17
01-25-2015, 08:45 PM
I only wish Connor could jump into the beds and sleep :3c

He doesn't think about it, remember? :rolleyes:

Democrito_71
01-25-2015, 09:02 PM
If Ubi will bring back bow and arrows to future AC titles, They must look at this guys technique,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BEG-ly9tQGk

My_Treehawk
01-25-2015, 09:17 PM
Great post BTW!!

I have a couple of things my club's members and I have talked about that you can consider and or add to your list. If some of these were already presented then consider our offer as a seconding of the idea.

Parkour designation-
- allow a location to be tagged (like you can with a target now) and that is where you will go. This should stop some of the "why did he go there?" issues that we see and allow you to mark out a course that will be followed to the best of the character's ablity.

Rifles/Handguns range-
Please DO NOT continue to make the range on these the same. Rifles should be accurate out to a much longer range than the handgun, with the exception of the Blunderbuss which should be less. As it is they are the same and that lessons the appeal of using one when a pistol can do pretty much the same thing.

Mission Disguises -
Back in AC Liberation they introduced a concept of changing costumes and it was actually rather interesting. What we have talked about was using that concept to produce a long-term form of the disguise ability (one that will not time out, but in using it provides some limitations depending on the disguise you choose). This could offer up both some interesting new tactics to approaching a mission, as well as provide for greater immersion from assuming roles to get closer to a target. We would want to keep the idea they used of having to go somewhere to don the new costume, and i it could be done, each costume you can unlock offers a special ability or situational bonus when used.

Weaponry Upgrades -
Incrementally increased weapons. Low level weapons are left behind as the character advances in skill and some of them are not only rather awesome looking, but also come with some really nice animations. We propose a system of incremental upgrades to any weapon to bring it to , if not just below, legendary status. This would diversify the weaponry seen and used and allow a player to customize his choice of weapon based on what appeals to him, rather than on the piece's stats.

Along with these items here are some that we posted into another topic which you may or may not want to include most of these deal with multi-player and club competitions.

Leader Board -
UbiSoft has all the data required to provide a leader board, I would like to see that used as the cheapest (on their end) and easiest method to put some competition into the competitions, to allow bragging rights and to instill a feeling of success for those that are putting in the time and effort. The division ranks, high scores and number of members should be available on this board so that the competitions have more of a competitive feel than they do now where no one has any idea who is where in the ranks, or what is a realistic score for a specific sized club.

Club Management Tools –
Using the same data source as the leader boards, a club should be able to log into a website and see stats on their current membership; individual weekly scores (CC contributions), number of missions run, etc. This would be very beneficial to those that need to understand how their club is performing, as well as for allowing the club leaders to identify those within their club that have performance or contributions worth acknowledgement. On the flip side of this, it would also allow the club to identify members that may not be engaging in the CC any longer and perhaps have moved onto other games. Since there is a limited number of club membership slots, this knowledge is paramount in trying to keep an active group or to vacate unused slots for members wishing to join in.

Unlocking Gear (SP) –
The Legendary and Companion app gear could have a means of unlocking them that is tied into the Initiates site instead of the CC or the App. This would allow SP focused people to use the Initiates site to access and acquire them as an alternative method. This could be done by level advancement, through performance based criteria, or by a mission path similar to that in the old site. This mechanism is already in place, and has been used to unlock other gear so it should not be too difficult to implement, and it also encourages the player to log onto and access the Initiates site. Of course I have to say this with the understanding that the site be active and functional, but I do believe this is forthcoming and we know that the site can work. There seemed to be a decent amount of players that wanted an alternative path to acquiring gear when it was only available though an outside (external) device or by engaging in multi-player modes this would help address that.

Club Competition rewards –
Each week a SET is presented and the acquisition of creed point benchmarks unlocks an additional piece. For instance, in Week 5 the Sans-Culottes set is made available. For every 500,000 creed points you unlock 1 piece of the set REGARDLESS of what place you finish in that week. The winning club is awarded one of the locked weapons, or possibly even one of the locked companion app pieces, in addition to the set pieces that they unlock with their score. This method encourages the clubs that are being dominated (and thus eliminated) to continue to play and increase their score since the higher they go, the more they receive. It would shorten the required time to access all the gear for everyone that wants to put in a little effort, and would not isolate or discourage those that cannot continue to win CC events.

Event/Scenario Advancement (MP) -
In future games, there could be events that go back to the old ACBF Wolfpack set up where clubs can choose the location (co-op mission or heist) and then advance up ever increasing difficulty levels (with the addition of specific parameters or handicaps at each subsequent level to make it challenging) and the results of these could score into the leader board for competitive sampling.

Club Based Initiates Challenges (MP)–
The Initiates site could also introduce club based challenges along with the SP ones. This could either unlock items as mentioned for SP above, or it could offer badges or avatars as the reward. An addition of this type presents a change from the weekly club competition, as well as an alternative to unlock items for clubs that just do not enjoy a week long campaign against other larger or better skilled groups.

Thanks for letting us add to your list.

Kiltraki
01-26-2015, 03:43 AM
Great post BTW!!

I have a couple of things my club's members and I have talked about that you can consider and or add to your list. If some of these were already presented then consider our offer as a seconding of the idea.

Parkour designation-
- allow a location to be tagged (like you can with a target now) and that is where you will go. This should stop some of the "why did he go there?" issues that we see and allow you to mark out a course that will be followed to the best of the character's ablity.

Rifles/Handguns range-
Please DO NOT continue to make the range on these the same. Rifles should be accurate out to a much longer range than the handgun, with the exception of the Blunderbuss which should be less. As it is they are the same and that lessons the appeal of using one when a pistol can do pretty much the same thing.

Mission Disguises -
Back in AC Liberation they introduced a concept of changing costumes and it was actually rather interesting. What we have talked about was using that concept to produce a long-term form of the disguise ability (one that will not time out, but in using it provides some limitations depending on the disguise you choose). This could offer up both some interesting new tactics to approaching a mission, as well as provide for greater immersion from assuming roles to get closer to a target. We would want to keep the idea they used of having to go somewhere to don the new costume, and i it could be done, each costume you can unlock offers a special ability or situational bonus when used.

Weaponry Upgrades -
Incrementally increased weapons. Low level weapons are left behind as the character advances in skill and some of them are not only rather awesome looking, but also come with some really nice animations. We propose a system of incremental upgrades to any weapon to bring it to , if not just below, legendary status. This would diversify the weaponry seen and used and allow a player to customize his choice of weapon based on what appeals to him, rather than on the piece's stats.

Along with these items here are some that we posted into another topic which you may or may not want to include most of these deal with multi-player and club competitions.

Leader Board -
UbiSoft has all the data required to provide a leader board, I would like to see that used as the cheapest (on their end) and easiest method to put some competition into the competitions, to allow bragging rights and to instill a feeling of success for those that are putting in the time and effort. The division ranks, high scores and number of members should be available on this board so that the competitions have more of a competitive feel than they do now where no one has any idea who is where in the ranks, or what is a realistic score for a specific sized club.

Club Management Tools –
Using the same data source as the leader boards, a club should be able to log into a website and see stats on their current membership; individual weekly scores (CC contributions), number of missions run, etc. This would be very beneficial to those that need to understand how their club is performing, as well as for allowing the club leaders to identify those within their club that have performance or contributions worth acknowledgement. On the flip side of this, it would also allow the club to identify members that may not be engaging in the CC any longer and perhaps have moved onto other games. Since there is a limited number of club membership slots, this knowledge is paramount in trying to keep an active group or to vacate unused slots for members wishing to join in.

Unlocking Gear (SP) –
The Legendary and Companion app gear could have a means of unlocking them that is tied into the Initiates site instead of the CC or the App. This would allow SP focused people to use the Initiates site to access and acquire them as an alternative method. This could be done by level advancement, through performance based criteria, or by a mission path similar to that in the old site. This mechanism is already in place, and has been used to unlock other gear so it should not be too difficult to implement, and it also encourages the player to log onto and access the Initiates site. Of course I have to say this with the understanding that the site be active and functional, but I do believe this is forthcoming and we know that the site can work. There seemed to be a decent amount of players that wanted an alternative path to acquiring gear when it was only available though an outside (external) device or by engaging in multi-player modes this would help address that.

Club Competition rewards –
Each week a SET is presented and the acquisition of creed point benchmarks unlocks an additional piece. For instance, in Week 5 the Sans-Culottes set is made available. For every 500,000 creed points you unlock 1 piece of the set REGARDLESS of what place you finish in that week. The winning club is awarded one of the locked weapons, or possibly even one of the locked companion app pieces, in addition to the set pieces that they unlock with their score. This method encourages the clubs that are being dominated (and thus eliminated) to continue to play and increase their score since the higher they go, the more they receive. It would shorten the required time to access all the gear for everyone that wants to put in a little effort, and would not isolate or discourage those that cannot continue to win CC events.

Event/Scenario Advancement (MP) -
In future games, there could be events that go back to the old ACBF Wolfpack set up where clubs can choose the location (co-op mission or heist) and then advance up ever increasing difficulty levels (with the addition of specific parameters or handicaps at each subsequent level to make it challenging) and the results of these could score into the leader board for competitive sampling.

Club Based Initiates Challenges (MP)–
The Initiates site could also introduce club based challenges along with the SP ones. This could either unlock items as mentioned for SP above, or it could offer badges or avatars as the reward. An addition of this type presents a change from the weekly club competition, as well as an alternative to unlock items for clubs that just do not enjoy a week long campaign against other larger or better skilled groups.

Thanks for letting us add to your list.

Great post!

- Love the parkour idea

- Agreed about rifles/handguns. They need to make them less accurate as well.

- I remember that mission disguise thing in Lib, and honestly I didn't really like it. I don't think limiting the players actions is the way to go.

- I definitely agree with the weapon upgrades. I think I said something like that in the original list. Make everything cosmetic and add an upgrade system.

- As for Club Competition I don't really have an interest in it, but your ideas are pretty good.

- As for SP gear acquisition, I don't like the idea :D. I'd rather they give us an in-game way to do it. They shouldn't be locking off content behind external websites.

-

My_Treehawk
01-26-2015, 03:55 AM
Great post!

- Love the parkour idea

- Agreed about rifles/handguns. They need to make them less accurate as well.

- I remember that mission disguise thing in Lib, and honestly I didn't really like it. I don't think limiting the players actions is the way to go.

- I definitely agree with the weapon upgrades. I think I said something like that in the original list. Make everything cosmetic and add an upgrade system.

- As for Club Competition I don't really have an interest in it, but your ideas are pretty good.

- As for SP gear acquisition, I don't like the idea :D. I'd rather they give us an in-game way to do it. They shouldn't be locking off content behind external websites.

-

well more than half you liked, not bad ;)

Only two of those you did not like that I want to comment on, first was the disguise because of what you had said. We were not looking at it as a limiting thing, but rather as an alternate option you might have, no more required than say using the current disguise skill. It would be something that players could choose to utilize when approaching a scenario to gain a different angle on how they would execute it, and not as I think you saw it, a more linear "now do a mission this way" as they did in the Liberation title. In ACL the concept was cool, but the forced to play as a certain role was not, we were talking about taking the concept and having it as one more tool that can be applied to any scenario. Maybe I did not explain that well enough..

The other was the SP unlocking of gear. It was to offer up TWO paths to acquire the gear that is currently only available from the required to use companion app and winning the club competitions (which honestly are providing it at a painfully slow pace - yes now that piece unlocks 2 weeks after it ends, but that still means months before some gear becomes available) so the different types of players could acquire it without having to either buy a smartphone/tablet or play co-op when they are mostly into the SP aspect. The intention was to offer more than one mode to gain the gear and maybe because I used the Initiates site as the means it shifted that main focus over to that, rather than its intended purpose. If it was through the initiates site then even those that did not actually go there to see what was needed would still be getting some of the pieces simply by virtue of (even unknowingly) completing the required challenges (if that was how it was set up) thereby unlocking items.

Oh and nearly all my members agree with the increasing and expanding of the homestead/residence/village concepts being tossed around. When those were long, detailed (visual improvements) and expansive everyone had very fond memories of them and wanted to see that expanded again. What we have now is interesting, but was both over too quickly and failed to provide the expected visual impact that some of the others had.

My_Treehawk
01-26-2015, 04:21 AM
If Ubi will bring back bow and arrows to future AC titles, They must look at this guys technique,

That was an amazing video. As a bare-bow archer and stalking hunter (I do not snipe, I stalk) I really enjoyed that so I wanted to thank you. I miss the crossbow in the game and had thought that they never really look at or used the bow when it offered up a much more "assassin-like" version of the ranged weapon - over the guns, up until they did the silent airgun in AC Rogue.

mohack221
01-26-2015, 04:28 AM
It would be very helpful if the player could spontaneously defecate.

Democrito_71
02-02-2015, 11:09 PM

It would be so cool to play as an bow & arrow wielding AssassinNot thinking of Connors useless bow and arrow that alerted every single guard in the Area who shoots like the guy on the link. Imaging shooting three soldiers in midair in less than 0.6 seconds :D I really really wish Ubi takes a look at this guys technique and implement this bow and arrow style in an AC-game in the future.

That was an amazing video. As a bare-bow archer and stalking hunter (I do not snipe, I stalk) I really enjoyed that so I wanted to thank you. I miss the crossbow in the game and had thought that they never really look at or used the bow when it offered up a much more "assassin-like" version of the ranged weapon - over the guns, up until they did the silent airgun in AC Rogue.

You're welcome My_Treehawk, I'm glad you enjoyed it :)