PDA

View Full Version : Any chance we get a next gen port for Rogue?

Physiomer2015
01-24-2015, 11:06 AM
I would really lovw to play that game.It may turn out to be one of mt favourites after all.But i don't want to pay 50 for a last gen game,insteadbof buying another next gen game,like GTAV or the Order....So is there any chance?

Mr_Shade
01-24-2015, 11:40 AM
I would really lovw to play that game.It may turn out to be one of mt favourites after all.But i don't want to pay 50€ for a last gen game,insteadbof buying another next gen game,like GTAV or the Order....So is there any chance?

Hi,

The PC version is being released, however there are no plans to release on PS4 or Xbox One at this time.

Kiltraki
01-24-2015, 02:07 PM
There probably will be.

Hans684
01-24-2015, 04:26 PM
I highly doubt it but I still want a current gen port.

JustPlainQuirky
01-24-2015, 04:51 PM
in a loomer interview it was confirmed there would be no next gen port

Jackdaw951
01-24-2015, 05:44 PM
Hi,

The PC version is being released, however there are no plans to release on PS4 or Xbox One at this time.

Interesting. I'm still waiting for a better price on the 360 version. That will do nicely, if a port with better visuals is out of the question. AC4 was awesome on the 360, even with all the missing extra niceties (cannon smoke, fluttering translucent sails, etc).

joelsantos24
01-24-2015, 05:56 PM
I highly doubt it but I still want a current gen port.
Well, all the great companies are releasing remakes and remastered versions of their biggest titles (God of War; Resident Evil; Tomb Raider; etc), except for Ubisoft, which is still in the dark ages. People tell us: "you should move on to next-generation, it is a whole new world of gaming!" I have done so, and now I am left without my favorite titles/collections (Assassin's Creed 1-3 and Splinter Cell). Thank you, Ubisoft!

I have said so to my friends, knowing what I know now, I absolutely curse the day I sold everything PS3-related and bought my PS4. :(

Altair1789
01-24-2015, 11:47 PM
PC's the closest you'll get, sorry :(

bitebug2003
01-24-2015, 11:50 PM
I hope there will be - the assets exist and not everyone has a PS3/360/PC :p

brotersinarms
01-24-2015, 11:51 PM
Well, all the great companies are releasing remakes and remastered versions of their biggest titles (God of War; Resident Evil; Tomb Raider; etc), except for Ubisoft, which is still in the dark ages. People tell us: "you should move on to next-generation, it is a whole new world of gaming!" I have done so, and now I am left without my favorite titles/collections (Assassin's Creed 1-3 and Splinter Cell). Thank you, Ubisoft!

I have said so to my friends, knowing what I know now, I absolutely curse the day I sold everything PS3-related and bought my PS4. :(

Yep. You bought into all the hype. I won't be moving to that for at least a couple of years, if that. I'm perfectly happy with my 360 and PS3. I mean, i played One over the holidays when my brother in law brought it over, and i'm not very impressed (and certainly doesn't warrant the price tag). I'll just stick with what i have. Rogue's great by the way. Loving that game.

wickywoowoo
01-24-2015, 11:51 PM

Thank god. I'd be quite irritated if they did for a game only 3 months old. It's one thing to port Liberation from a handheld since it was canon but the audience for Rogue is much larger than for Unity - there is no need to re-do it. The majority of next gen players still have older consoles. It's a waste of money for Ubisoft and fans.

Jackdaw951
01-25-2015, 07:13 AM
Thank god. I'd be quite irritated if they did for a game only 3 months old. It's one thing to port Liberation from a handheld since it was canon but the audience for Rogue is much larger than for Unity - there is no need to re-do it. The majority of next gen players still have older consoles. It's a waste of money for Ubisoft and fans.

The fact is that many people for whatever reason dump the old consoles the moment the new ones hit the scene. Worthwhile TVs have a multitude of inputs, and several consoles from different generations can coexist in the same game space. But instead, this is what happens:

There is this implicit expectation that everything old will still be available on the new hardware, somehow. Don't ask me why, but it seems to be a prevalent view. In fewer words, you're wrong, man. Most people who move on to a new gen do not keep a way to access the old, as silly as that seems to you and me.

X_xWolverinEx_X
01-25-2015, 11:02 AM
yes i need it for myz first next gen ac game and plus i cant get it since my 360 is ****ed so next gen plz

joelsantos24
01-25-2015, 02:18 PM
The fact is that many people for whatever reason dump the old consoles the moment the new ones hit the scene. Worthwhile TVs have a multitude of inputs, and several consoles from different generations can coexist in the same game space. But instead, this is what happens:

There is this implicit expectation that everything old will still be available on the new hardware, somehow. Don't ask me why, but it seems to be a prevalent view. In fewer words, you're wrong, man. Most people who move on to a new gen do not keep a way to access the old, as silly as that seems to you and me.
Yes, I did sell everything I had PS3-related, simply because I needed to decrease my absolute investment on the PS4. Prices are absolutely crazy here in Portugal, and I am not rich. Frankly, I was not planning on moving on to the PS4 this soon, but a big promotion with FIFA 15 came along and I just had to take advantage of it.

And to end the discussion around a (hypothetical) Rogue port to PS4, I leave you with this: http://www.cinemablend.com/games/Assassin-Creed-Rogue-Come-PS4-Xbox-One-66745.html. Obviously, It is too soon to be talking about Rogue on PS4, although, Ubisoft should already be doing so with the AC Anthology and SC Blacklist. Again, it is important to emphasize that all the biggest game producers are bringing their greatest series to new-generation, but for some unfathomable reason, Ubisoft is apparently resisting it.

If the AC Anthology, or at least Blacklist does not come along until Victory is released by the end of the year, I will probably move on from my favorite series. As sad as it will be, I honestly cannot fathom not being able to replay any of the previous AC games and Blacklist.

Jackdaw951
01-25-2015, 03:57 PM
Yes, I did sell everything I had PS3-related, simply because I needed to decrease my absolute investment on the PS4. Prices are absolutely crazy here in Portugal, and I am not rich. Frankly, I was not planning on moving on to the PS4 this soon, but a big promotion with FIFA 15 came along and I just had to take advantage of it.

And to end the discussion around a (hypothetical) Rogue port to PS4, I leave you with this: http://www.cinemablend.com/games/Assassin-Creed-Rogue-Come-PS4-Xbox-One-66745.html. Obviously, It is too soon to be talking about Rogue on PS4, although, Ubisoft should already be doing so with the AC Anthology and SC Blacklist. Again, it is important to emphasize that all the biggest game producers are bringing their greatest series to new-generation, but for some unfathomable reason, Ubisoft is apparently resisting it.

If the AC Anthology, or at least Blacklist does not come along until Victory is released by the end of the year, I will probably move on from my favorite series. As sad as it will be, I honestly cannot fathom not being able to replay any of the previous AC games and Blacklist.

I'm not sure what to tell you, man. I'm not rich either. I waited a full year after the new gen released, and even then I only jumped in because of the price drop to $350 US including AC Unity and Black Flag. I would never even consider selling off my X360. Hell, I'd buy another if this one failed on me. 8 years of games would go out the window if I sold it--and I wouldn't even get that much for it.
I know some other countries gouge consumers on prices. I'm sorry you're suffering that. But getting rid of so much of what you love all in one shot has to be more painful than finding some other way to afford a new console.

joelsantos24
01-25-2015, 04:29 PM
I'm not sure what to tell you, man. I'm not rich either. I waited a full year after the new gen released, and even then I only jumped in because of the price drop to $350 US including AC Unity and Black Flag. I would never even consider selling off my X360. Hell, I'd buy another if this one failed on me. 8 years of games would go out the window if I sold it--and I wouldn't even get that much for it.
I know some other countries gouge consumers on prices. I'm sorry you're suffering that. But getting rid of so much of what you love all in one shot has to be more painful than finding some other way to afford a new console.
You do not need to say anything. What I did, I did out of my own volition. I made a choice, and I could not afford keeping two systems, nor would I have the room for it. I made a choice, and now we are being damaged by the producers, who want nothing but their own profit, and so I have to live with it. If I am not going to be able to play all the previous AC games along with Blacklist, then I am done. That is it, sc*** Ubisoft and their policies. If I have to find other games to become my favorite, I will, however difficult that may prove to be.

ze_topazio
01-25-2015, 04:56 PM
You are acting a bit entitled joelsantos24, they have no obligation to port old games to different and newer consoles just because you don't keep your old machines and games, the world ain't so nice.

Instead of demanding rip-off remasters, we should question the console makers decision to remove retro-compatibility.

Fatal-Feit
01-25-2015, 08:26 PM

link, plz

joelsantos24
01-26-2015, 03:04 PM
You are acting a bit entitled joelsantos24, they have no obligation to port old games to different and newer consoles just because you don't keep your old machines and games, the world ain't so nice.

Instead of demanding rip-off remasters, we should question the console makers decision to remove retro-compatibility.
Entitled? No, I do not think so. In fact, I am not demanding anything, since I have no right to do so. I would like to have my games back, but if the producers think otherwise, then I am entitled to go look for some other appealing games elsewhere. That is what I said, I will likely move on. That is a fair entitlement, I believe, the right to move on.

bitebug2003
01-26-2015, 04:18 PM
link, plz

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/933701-My-interview-with-AC-Rogue-producer-Ivan-Balabanov-Forums

11:52 - PC / PS4 / Xbox One release?

Jackdaw951
01-26-2015, 06:11 PM
You do not need to say anything. What I did, I did out of my own volition. I made a choice, and I could not afford keeping two systems, nor would I have the room for it. I made a choice, and now we are being damaged by the producers, who want nothing but their own profit, and so I have to live with it. If I am not going to be able to play all the previous AC games along with Blacklist, then I am done. That is it, sc*** Ubisoft and their policies. If I have to find other games to become my favorite, I will, however difficult that may prove to be.

Look at your own post carefully, man. You made a choice, but the fault for the consequences lies with someone else? Really? OK, I'm done. I didn't mean to browbeat you. If it's any consolation, I do sympathize with your plight, and I do hope Rogue at least gets scaled up to the new gen. AC4 was, and Rogue basically runs on the same infrastructure. It should not be difficult.

joelsantos24
01-27-2015, 12:07 PM
http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/933701-My-interview-with-AC-Rogue-producer-Ivan-Balabanov-Forums
So, in one interview, he does not rule out that possibility for it is too soon to be talking about it (http://www.cinemablend.com/games/Assassin-Creed-Rogue-Come-PS4-Xbox-One-66745.html), yet in another interview, he just says they are not planning to do so. I do not even know what to believe in anymore, Ubisoft is just nonsensical.

wvstolzing
01-27-2015, 08:29 PM
So, in one interview, he does not rule out that possibility for it is too soon to be talking about it (http://www.cinemablend.com/games/Assassin-Creed-Rogue-Come-PS4-Xbox-One-66745.html), yet in another interview, he just says they are not planning to do so. I do not even know what to believe in anymore, Ubisoft is just nonsensical.

He may have revised his statement to avoid the so-called 'Osborne effect' -- if you tell your customers that there's a much more advanced version 'in the works', than the currently available product, that may lead to disastrous consequences: Too many people might want to wait for the newer version, sales of the current version would tank, and as a result the newer version may never be realized.

Osborne was a highly successful micro-computer business in the late 70s-early 80s; but they effectively committed suicide by talking prematurely about an upcoming model.

Mr_Shade
01-27-2015, 08:38 PM
Hi,

^^

Hans684
01-27-2015, 10:04 PM
^ We know but we talk about consoles.

bitebug2003
01-27-2015, 11:02 PM
Hi,

Sounds promising :)

Ignore me

DC_77
01-30-2015, 03:18 AM
Interesting. I'm still waiting for a better price on the 360 version. That will do nicely, if a port with better visuals is out of the question. AC4 was awesome on the 360, even with all the missing extra niceties (cannon smoke, fluttering translucent sails, etc).

Hey Jackdaw, I saw the PS3 version of AC Rogue for $40 at Target just the other week. I would think they would have the same price for the 360 version. worth checking out.

Jackdaw951
01-30-2015, 05:37 PM
Hey Jackdaw, I saw the PS3 version of AC Rogue for $40 at Target just the other week. I would think they would have the same price for the 360 version. worth checking out.

I'm sort of holding out for a sub-$30 digital purchase. I have a serious problem paying more than that for intangibles, and I like the convenience of digital--so that's my predicament. XBL wants $60 for digital on most newer games, and that's out of the question. I may end up with a physical copy from Amazon instead. They have good discounts every so often.