PDA

View Full Version : Strange Graphics Issue

Sam Nouei
01-24-2015, 07:07 AM
So i got the game the day it came out and finished it in a week. I wanted to play it for the new DLC but it was weird. After the major 3rd patch that fixed everything, all was fine. When i loaded it up the game, the main menu appeared with red lines smeared accross the "press any key" page. Then, in the mian menu, all of the words appeared twice and the duplicate words were disoriented and also in-game all of the things shown on the HUD were displaced. I have all the latest updates for my dirvers and do not know why this happens. Does anyone know how to fix this?
specs:
Alienware M17
Windoews 8.1
Intel i7 Quad Core 2.5something GHz
AMD Radeon R9-290MX
16GB of RAM

strigoi1958
01-24-2015, 10:58 AM
the last time I had a similar visual problems with icons, words and colour, it was the newest driver that caused it but I use nvidia... I did a clean uninstall and used the previous one..
Also have you verified the game ?

Mr_Shade
01-24-2015, 12:01 PM
So i got the game the day it came out and finished it in a week. I wanted to play it for the new DLC but it was weird. After the major 3rd patch that fixed everything, all was fine. When i loaded it up the game, the main menu appeared with red lines smeared accross the "press any key" page. Then, in the mian menu, all of the words appeared twice and the duplicate words were disoriented and also in-game all of the things shown on the HUD were displaced. I have all the latest updates for my dirvers and do not know why this happens. Does anyone know how to fix this?
specs:
Alienware M17
Windoews 8.1
Intel i7 Quad Core 2.5something GHz
AMD Radeon R9-290MX
16GB of RAM
Hi,

Please try verifying the game and rolling back a driver number - if the latest ones cause issues.

It's also possible that update 4 which optimised the game world and other things might be resulting in this issue, so you could try contacting support - however sometimes laptop GPU's just are not compatible - but please try using an different driver.