PDA

View Full Version : Multiplayer leaderboard based on tournament xp

ElColoLoco
01-23-2015, 11:26 PM
Why weren't we informed that tournaments would effect multiplayer leaderboard ? This would have given tournament a real purpose.
I don't get this at all!

daveleverinyour
01-24-2015, 03:06 AM
I would love an answer to this question too. I'd love to know why tournaments effect leaderboards anyway. After all this wait can we not just have a decent system for working out multiplayer skill. You've really sh*t on everyone with this weak attemp at MP after a 9 month wait. It just feels like you didn't even bother. :/

x High Deff x
01-24-2015, 03:53 PM
what do you guys mean tournaments affect multiplayer? I play tournies all the time and my MP score is low as ****. What's everyone going on about?

TeriXeri
01-24-2015, 04:16 PM
It's likely a result of using 1 generic XP pool/levels for "player vs player" , if you see player levels in Fusion they are in 3 categories (Single Player/PVP/Track Central).

I was like fairly high ranked in MP all of a sudden cause I played a whole bunch of tourneys (that give like 500-10000+ xp each depending on medal/tracklist) but I only played a few MP rounds (800 xp if you win a heat on 8 player game)

I agree MP(Xsupercross) and Tourney should have seperate leaderboard, even if they are still combined under PVP levels.

I think they will expand on it later, hopefully add some unlocks/rewards in terms of bike skins/rider gear.

ElColoLoco
01-24-2015, 06:36 PM
what do you guys mean tournaments affect multiplayer? I play tournies all the time and my MP score is low as ****. What's everyone going on about?

Go to statistics (all the way to right) and check your multiplayer-xp this number is the same as in multipayer leaderboard. And when the tournament is finished you have to claim the xp i believe by going to closed tournament and open them up.

ElColoLoco
01-24-2015, 06:39 PM
It's likely a result of using 1 generic XP pool/levels for "player vs player" , if you see player levels in Fusion they are in 3 categories (Single Player/PVP/Track Central).

I was like fairly high ranked in MP all of a sudden cause I played a whole bunch of tourneys (that give like 500-10000+ xp each depending on medal/tracklist) but I only played a few MP rounds (800 xp if you win a heat on 8 player game)

I agree MP(Xsupercross) and Tourney should have seperate leaderboard, even if they are still combined under PVP levels.

I think they will expand on it later, hopefully add some unlocks/rewards in terms of bike skins/rider gear.

the leaderboard is only based on XP(from tournaments and multiplayer), so the more xp you gained during tournaments the higher you are check the number in statistics -> mutiplayer-xp.
I'm probably just repeating what you said but i didn't really get what you are saying. On ps4 there's only singleplayer, multipayer and custom tracks no PvP.

Gangly_
01-24-2015, 08:22 PM
The reason that EoA and all those other people have such high score is because they grinded tournaments before mp was even released. All the mp xp they gained from those tournies was instantly added to the mp lbs...

x High Deff x
01-24-2015, 11:56 PM
The reason that EoA and all those other people have such high score is because they grinded tournaments before mp was even released. All the mp xp they gained from those tournies was instantly added to the mp lbs...

I played tournies everyday and that hasn't happened to me

ElColoLoco
01-25-2015, 12:32 AM

What is your multiplayer-xp?

Gangly_
01-25-2015, 01:44 AM
You have to go to the closed tournament section to redeem xp from tournaments you played in.

RetiredRonin
01-25-2015, 05:33 PM
Yes, currently all PvP EXP goes into the same pool. This includes Tournaments and XSupercross.

pad3
01-25-2015, 07:36 PM
You have to go to the closed tournament section to redeem xp from tournaments you played in.
Is it confitrmed? You don't get XP at all otherwise? :confused:

ElColoLoco
01-25-2015, 09:13 PM
Is it confitrmed? You don't get XP at all otherwise? :confused:

Yes.

ElColoLoco
01-25-2015, 09:15 PM
Yes, currently all PvP EXP goes into the same pool. This includes Tournaments and XSupercross.

Ok, but why?

Nevermind i don't need to know why, it shouldn't be based on EXP in the first place

Sandholm
01-26-2015, 10:21 AM
really dumb that thery both are combined... :(

x High Deff x
01-26-2015, 09:11 PM
I like that they are both combined. They are both multiplayer. I just didnt know that you had to check the leaderboard to get the XP. Would definately be 1st on MP if I done that. Been wasting my time on tournies

RetiredRonin
01-26-2015, 09:52 PM
Like HD says, Tournaments and Online MP are both time-based PvP, not in the sense that they are based on your times, but that they have windows of availability. There are talks of differentiating between Tournament and MP EXP, but nothing has been decided.

puddinsworld
01-26-2015, 10:18 PM
Superhdx,
I don't believe there is a time limit to claim your XP. If you have done the tourny you go into completed results and claim them there.

And they should definitely be split up between tourny and online

x High Deff x
01-26-2015, 10:59 PM
Superhdx,
I don't believe there is a time limit to claim your XP. If you have done the tourny you go into completed results and claim them there.

And they should definitely be split up between tourny and online

omg thank you so much :D

LoH_Dave
01-27-2015, 10:28 AM
How about a filter so that the 99% of players that don't bother with tournaments can see how they stack up without tourney scores. Oh hang on its all based on xp and whoever plays the most wins anyway. Never mind

shakeyclaret
01-27-2015, 08:14 PM
I like that they are both combined. They are both multiplayer.

Im sorry but tournaments are not mp at all, they are single player.

xXJ4cK1EBXx
01-28-2015, 01:44 AM

this ^

there is no logical reason as to why tournaments should be involved with the multiplayer LB

IBlubbiI
01-28-2015, 01:34 PM

+1

Career+ Tournaments: You are racing alone against other peoples Lb times.

Mp: You are playing the same track with other people at the same time and only your current and not your best overall time matters.

Sorry Shifty, i just dont get what is beeing discussed right now :confused: every kindergarden child would see the difference between tournaments and mp.

There are talks of differentiating between Tournament and MP EXP, but nothing has been decided.

Also, you have to understand that people dont want Exp-based leaderboards, Exp only shows who plays the most and not who is the most talented rider.

En0-
01-30-2015, 05:35 AM
Also, you have to understand that people dont want Exp-based leaderboards, Exp only shows who plays the most and not who is the most talented rider.

Hello,

Yes, that's right. As said in another post, current leaderboard is temporary. We'll provide a better system later.

Cheers,

LoH_Dave
02-13-2015, 02:11 PM
Hello,

Yes, that's right. As said in another post, current leaderboard is temporary. We'll provide a better system later.

Cheers,

Why after a 9 month wait was the MP released without proper leaderboards (And proper tracks) (or any game modes apart from the pathetic supercross) after the shambles that was the evo leaderboards, everything I ever read was how much the crappy xp system was a joke, and then you replicated it? Seriously. Who's idea was it to just serve up the same crap we all hated last time minus the only decent game mode (ghost racing) you should fire them. The SC is a joke anyway. When watching other players it's like they're floating through the tracks, wheels sinking into the floor and looking awful, everytime someone crosses the line then a massive judder happens often causing a crash.
Well I'm bored of it already, bored of the 10 weak tracks. Nothing to fight for when it comes to leaderboards. You messed it up big time. Such a shame.

En0-
02-13-2015, 03:54 PM
(I answer feedback and can give insights, but I don't take the time for hate and I won't fight. If you are really interested in understanding some decisions and the reasons why things are that way, please write with a respectful and humble ton :) If so, I'll give insights and we can discuss it. Cheers)