PDA

View Full Version : Unity's performance with Nvidia's new driver

dargor5
01-23-2015, 10:00 PM
Has anyone tried the new driver?

I have my Unity tweaked so it barely has issues and new drivers are known to break games so I want to hear before downloading as to not have to break Unity or have to roll back a version of driver

strigoi1958
01-23-2015, 10:04 PM
Using the new driver... the freeze seems to have stopped for me and the colours seem brighter... also the game feels a bit smoother so I do not know if the fps has changed as I do not monitor it

The_Sandman21
01-23-2015, 10:42 PM
It's the difference between night and day for me with a 660 SLI setup. The game is now playable and the SLI flickering is gone.

Make sure to do a CLEAN install of the drivers.

strigoi1958
01-23-2015, 10:49 PM
^^^ yes use wagnards display driver uninstaller... it removes all the useless code that nvidia leaves on your system...

The_Sandman21
01-23-2015, 10:51 PM
^^^ yes use wagnards display driver uninstaller... it removes all the useless code that nvidia leaves on your system...
I didn't even do that. I just chose the advanced install option and chose to do a clean install from the nVidia Installer.

dargor5
01-24-2015, 12:38 AM
Thanks for the heads up, will do a clean install this time cause I usually dont.

Did a clean install and still get the freeze, I think is a CPU thing, I have the old core i5 2500k, about the fps improvement yes it does improve like 5fps, now on the ground I'm getting 55+ when I use to get 40s

danielvsa
01-24-2015, 02:16 AM
The game is much smoother now, and I didn't see none stutters after this new driver. I activated 16x anisotropic filtering and high quality textures option in Nvidia's control painel. In the game, i'm playing in high settings.

My pc: EVGA GTX 670 with 2GB, 8GB RAM and i5 4570.

dargor5
01-24-2015, 03:02 AM
The game is much smoother now, and I didn't see none stutters after this new driver. I activated 16x anisotropic filtering and high quality textures option in Nvidia's control painel. In the game, i'm playing in high settings.

My pc: EVGA GTX 670 with 2GB, 8GB RAM and i5 4570.

Have you experience any freezing at all?

danielvsa
01-24-2015, 03:19 AM
Have you experience any freezing at all?

I don't know that freezing problem you talking about is the same, but I had a similar problem: when I was playing, the game froze for some seconds until return (sometimes a blue screen of death appeared). I think it was a driver conflict, because I started windows whitout any services or drivers and the problem gone. I did a fresh Windows install and problem solved, but the stuttering problem still in the game, and now it gone too with this new Nvidia's driver.

LUR21
01-24-2015, 12:33 PM
Guys if the beta driver 347.09 fixed unity for you do not clean install or even get the new driver. I just went from really smooth and Great fps at 1440p to choppy as hell. Now I got to figure out how to get the old driver installed cause the clean installation got rid of it.

strigoi1958
01-24-2015, 01:16 PM
Guys if the beta driver 347.09 fixed unity for you do not clean install or even get the new driver. I just went from really smooth and Great fps at 1440p to choppy as hell. Now I got to figure out how to get the old driver installed cause the clean installation got rid of it.

First did you use a driver sweeper like wagnards DDU.exe ? if not then an Nvidia clean install... is DEFINITELY not a clean install... it doesn't remove everything and in the past I have wasted weeks screaming at my pc because of Nvidia driver problems that I thought were the games fault...

Easy, go to the nvidia drivers page, look in the driver archive... download the driver you want 347.09 remember where it saves on your pc... (for me it is in downloads) do a clean uninstall (very important or you will leave code on the pc from the new driver that may conflict with the old driver) definitely use a driver sweeper or expect the risk of further misery.

Reboot, go to your download folder and run the driver exe.

LUR21
01-24-2015, 01:39 PM
Yep just finished fixing it and yes I did it through geforce experience. Going to avoid that I think.

MiniOverKill
01-24-2015, 03:38 PM
Ok I installed these latest drivers and with a little overclocking on my MSI GTX 970 I can now run it at constant 60fps. Softshadows is off and FAXX, except for that everything is MAX at 1920x1200.
Guess nVidia fixed this game and not UBI****.
It has taken 3 ****ing months to get this game to play as it should, I am never NEVER going to buy another Ubisoft title at release, they just donīt care about any of us or their product.

dargor5
01-24-2015, 04:06 PM
Ok I installed these latest drivers and with a little overclocking on my MSI GTX 970 I can now run it at constant 60fps. Softshadows is off and FAXX, except for that everything is MAX at 1920x1200.
It has taken 3 ****ing months to get this game to play as it should, I am never NEVER going to buy another Ubisoft title at release, they just donīt care about any of us or their product.

Have you thought Nvidia might also be at fault here? Not defending Ubisoft but Nvidia is no saint either.

RVSage
01-24-2015, 08:28 PM

Ragers.. everywhere... It was NVIDIA's fault cleanly here and so was AMD with omega drivers... Not all blame lies with Ubi

danno77
01-24-2015, 09:18 PM
hmm just tested the game with new nvidia driver on i7 4770k, gtx780, 16gb ram, win 8.1 64bit etc and yes I got freezes when new set of animation started e.g. when I started a fight..... fix it ubisoft!

Immaniac
01-25-2015, 02:34 PM
I just wanted to start a new thread when I saw this.

After installing the 347.25 nvidia driver I've observed a quite drastic improvement. The avg fps improved by about 3fps but the main problem with the game was stuttering, lags and freezes and generally not stable fps. The most annoying thing was when the game freezed for 1sec and skipped frames causing the camera to jump all over the place. (freaking infuriating when I was running down the street and realised after a while that I am running back the opposite direction) After the new driver I am able to stay above 30fps almost all the time with 0 freezes. I've been running around the map and playing for a couple of hours and it feels a lot smoother finally.
A couple of cases when the fps dropped insanely before was:
1. performing an assassination animation while running
2. when the shadow pops when breaking the line of sight with guards
3. going into eagle vision
So far I've had no stutters in any of those cases with the 347.25 driver. Even places where I had massive fps drops like the wooden bridge in front of the caffe theater have no longer problems. I can say the fps drops are just, mostly gone making it finally playable.
Have any of you had similar improvements? I had improved fps before when the ubi servers were down or I was downloading in the background so I just want to make sure that it is not just temporary 'cause of servers being off. (funny that when I actually went into offline uplay or turned off internet there was no difference)

Environment: High, Textures: High, Shadows: Low, SSAO, FXAA, Bloom: On, 1080p
CPU: AMD FX 8320 @ 4.2GHz
GPU: GTX 660
RAM: 8GB 1600MHz