PDA

View Full Version : Question about Unity's title. Why did Ubisoft choose the word "Unity"?

x-aLucidMind-x
01-23-2015, 06:25 AM
I hadn't kept up on any of the press prior or post release, though I do know the game is rough around the edges still. I haven't played it at all, either as I am waiting to buy a new console until next year or so (massive last-gen backlog). Why was it that Ubisoft chose the word "Unity" for the title? Is there an instance of unity between the two factions or something? Please avoid spoilers, or at least avoid details so I can still be somewhat surprised for when I play the game. I'm just curious since I know they chose "Rogue" since Shay obviously turns on the Assassins.

DemonLord4lf
01-23-2015, 06:27 AM
I believe it was because the Initiates are joining the Assassins... i could be wrong

pirate1802
01-23-2015, 07:00 AM
Because Co-op.

There was a time when I thought it eludes to a ceasefire between Assassins and templars, and indeed that is what happens. But it is nowhere near the centerstage of the story and the marketing was focused on Co-op anyway, so might be that. *Looks above at MAKE HISTORY trailer*

VoldR
01-23-2015, 07:23 AM
Because its raining assassins. :)
Nah its merely coop... Not story related.

Btw, When I saw that teaser I wish to see it actually happening then when I finish AC Revelations
I realised something similar already happened in gameplay.
In a large battle, assassins jumping from everywhere, raining arrows, etc.

Was great to see it again since I forgot about it, lol

Kiltraki
01-23-2015, 12:33 PM
A few reasons (some light spoilers but these are demonstrated in the trailers)

- Unity between Assassins (Arno) and Templars (Elise)
- Singleplayer and Co-op merged into one world.

They're the main two, but there are some other vague reasons as well, such as the Initiates teaming up with the Assassins. I know that sounds spoilery but trust me it's not.

RA503
01-23-2015, 12:43 PM
A possibility is the Juno's plan to unite everyone inside helix.