PDA

View Full Version : Dialogue cut from Unity (spoilers)

RuNfAtBoYrUn740
01-23-2015, 05:09 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ixl7OBumZeM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tli_GKcP76o

Pretty interesting stuff. What are your thoughts?

The second one has the voice actor for Gist in Rogue. No wonder they didn't use the voice in game lol. Sounds like he's off a deodorant commercial

wvstolzing
01-23-2015, 05:18 AM
These voice actors sound so amateurish.

The Juno 'dialog' exists in text format in the game, as an unlockable (through the Rift missions; the Medieval, I think). I think it's little more than an easter egg, and confirms that there's no such thing as a 'Juno saga' -- she'll stay wherever she is indefinitely.

The Melanie recording is new to me, though. This can't be a tease, of course, but I'd be REALLY interested to play an AC set during the fall of Rome.

DemonLord4lf
01-23-2015, 05:57 AM

The Juno 'dialog' exists in text format in the game, as an unlockable (through the Rift missions; the Medieval, I think). I think it's little more than an easter egg, and confirms that there's no such thing as a 'Juno saga' -- she'll stay wherever she is indefinitely.

The Melanie recording is new to me, though. This can't be a tease, of course, but I'd be REALLY interested to play an AC set during the fall of Rome.

There was a comic dealing with an assassin during the Roman Empire. Cant remember the name of it at the moment though. :-/

Regardless, an AC game set in during the Roman Empire or near the fall of the Roman empire would be cool.

RuNfAtBoYrUn740
01-23-2015, 05:57 AM

Melanie sounds pretty good to me, it's just the Gist actor that is garbage.

wvstolzing
01-23-2015, 06:11 AM
There was a comic dealing with an assassin during the Roman Empire. Cant remember the name of it at the moment though. :-/

Regardless, an AC game set in during the Roman Empire or near the fall of the Roman empire would be cool.

Aquilus and Accipiter, set in the 3rd century. They were OK, though nowhere as good (or interesting) as the Orelov/Cross comics.

Melanie sounds pretty good to me, it's just the Gist actor that is garbage.

Yeah, Melanie is OK, but the Gist guy *and* Juno's actress both sound like they're in a grade school stage production.

DemonLord4lf
01-23-2015, 06:21 AM
Aquilus and Accipiter, set in the 3rd century. They were OK, though nowhere as good (or interesting) as the Orelov/Cross comics.

Yeah, Melanie is OK, but the Gist guy *and* Juno's actress both sound like they're in a grade school stage production.

Couldn't even hear what Juno was saying. I had the volume full blast too...

SixKeys
01-23-2015, 12:42 PM
Both dialogues can be found in the Rift data in text format. Maybe they planned to originally include them all as audio logs but ran out of time?

I think both actresses sound okay, but the man is horrendous. :nonchalance:

Fatal-Feit
01-23-2015, 01:05 PM
Gist's VA sounds like a generic overacting VA you'd hear in a fighting video game like Dead or Alive. The other 2 actresses don't seem any worse than before.

Would have been interesting if they replaced Bishop with Juno (or Melanie) instead. I'm tired of being a recruit for the Assassin. It's nothing new and just adds to the good vs bad guy facade.

RzaRecta357
01-23-2015, 06:44 PM
WOW! Anyway this should of been in the game and it would of changed everything a bit better. I mean voice acted and worked throughout. Anyway, this sort of gives us clues of what she wants to do. She wants the Assassins gone before they reach more of her kind or something.. Maybe something that leads them to more pieces or who knows.

I'm thinking maybe we may PLAY as a Sage in modern time and maybe in the past as two different people leaving messages or something. Who's to say a Sage couldn't join the Assassins and learn what he is? Then in the future maybe he would be conflicted by voices and seeing his wife in the Animus but at the same time wanting to save humanity.

Just random thoughts.

DemonLord4lf
01-23-2015, 07:21 PM
Gist's VA sounds like a generic overacting VA you'd hear in a fighting video game like Dead or Alive. The other 2 actresses don't seem any worse than before.

Would have been interesting if they replaced Bishop with Juno (or Melanie) instead. I'm tired of being a recruit for the Assassin. It's nothing new and just adds to the good vs bad guy facade.

Agreed, especially since they changed the whole view of Templars being the "bad guys" with Haytham Kenway.

DemonLord4lf
01-23-2015, 07:22 PM
WOW! Anyway this should of been in the game and it would of changed everything a bit better. I mean voice acted and worked throughout. Anyway, this sort of gives us clues of what she wants to do. She wants the Assassins gone before they reach more of her kind or something.. Maybe something that leads them to more pieces or who knows.

I'm thinking maybe we may PLAY as a Sage in modern time and maybe in the past as two different people leaving messages or something. Who's to say a Sage couldn't join the Assassins and learn what he is? Then in the future maybe he would be conflicted by voices and seeing his wife in the Animus but at the same time wanting to save humanity.

Just random thoughts.

That would be interesting... but the fact of the matter is, most of the Sages joined the Templars and became Grand Masters

JustPlainQuirky
01-23-2015, 09:47 PM
Friggin love Gist.

So exaggerated.

Love it.

Shahkulu101
01-23-2015, 11:59 PM
My theory is that Gist's actor is taking the piss out of the terrible dialogue.

Altair1789
01-24-2015, 02:21 AM
I think maybe David Jones is this guy when he's older

http://i.imgur.com/U8C6aQv.png

I hope it is