PDA

View Full Version : Multiplayer leaderboards already glitched.

iStriide
01-22-2015, 01:35 PM
Wish there was an emote to where you shake your head violently till your head explodes. One day something will work right.

- Won 3/4 races = 2,600 XP
- End of Assembly won 3/4 races = 1,025,775 XP

This is me every time I see a new bug/gitch from Redlynx.
https://p.gr-assets.com/540x540/fit/hostedimages/1399919561/9609850.gif

irpx
01-22-2015, 04:57 PM
Apparently the actual XP is calculated also from the online Tournaments and not only from the Multiplayer. There's probably going to be some announcement later with more information about this.

Gangly_
01-22-2015, 05:43 PM
Good to know that the lbs arent skill based whatsoever, ultimate dissspointment as expected :)

iStriide
01-22-2015, 10:48 PM
Good to know that the lbs arent skill based whatsoever, ultimate dissspointment as expected :)

Yea, I'm done with Fusion again.

KaliniuS
01-22-2015, 10:50 PM
I played a multiplayer match earlier today and half of the rider's bikes were invisible lol. Good thing it was being worked of for over 9 months. Otherwise there'd be some issues!

BiG_SH0T_ROB
01-23-2015, 03:29 AM
Its not glitched.
The leaderboards are based off pvp EXP wich you can earn in mp & tournaments.
Assembly played the most tournaments, so he is #1.

ihazfaults
01-23-2015, 05:34 AM
Its not glitched.
The leaderboards are based off pvp EXP wich you can earn in mp & tournaments.
Assembly played the most tournaments, so he is #1.

I hope this is true... kind of sounds about right from what I can tell.

well... aside from the guys who show "0/0" but like a million points :-/

En0-
01-23-2015, 07:13 AM
Hello,

We have an email going on internally about it. It's correct that the multiplayer XP includes the tournament results as well and that it's not clear when we look at the leaderboard.
We want to keep improving things, so that's on our radar. A better way to compare player performances would be really beneficial. We'll see what/if we can do.

Cheers,

daveleverinyour
01-23-2015, 05:48 PM
Why would you merge tournaments and multiplayer?!?!? How are they even related. I don't bother with tournaments so the leaderboards are a waste of time for me then. Not that they're not a waste of time anyway cause it's just a game of who can play the most games and Nothing to do with skill. And 9 months wait for 10 very average supercross tracks? Supercross was the worst MP mode :-( no HC trials. I reckon two days to get bored of the crap MP then that's it for trials. Sad as I was so looking forward to MP.

TheBlazeJp
01-24-2015, 01:10 AM
Hello,

We have an email going on internally about it. It's correct that the multiplayer XP includes the tournament results as well and that it's not clear when we look at the leaderboard.
We want to keep improving things, so that's on our radar. A better way to compare player performances would be really beneficial. We'll see what/if we can do.

Cheers,

I can only hope that this is not the final system for multiplayer leaderboards and rankings

Wouldn't the best idea be to have Multiplayer leaderboards actually reflect Skill, Consistency and Experience from actual Multiplayer sessions?

Tournaments affect Multiplayer ranking?

Tournaments are not Multiplayer, They are Single player.

IBlubbiI
01-24-2015, 01:18 AM
Also leaderboards shouldnt be exp based at all... You said you listen to our feedback. Pretty much everyone that played evo mp told you that the system wasnt reflecting your skill on the lbs. Who played the most was n1 even though there were many better players than him. Also i gave you feedback on that on the beta. It just doesnt work like that.

How about actually adding a score calculating system that reflects your skill? You gain elo (lb points) for every win and you loose them when you get defeated. How much elo you loose or win is effected by your opponents elo. You gain more elo winning against better people and you loose less loosing against better players. This would actually make it skill based. I dont understand why you would choose the system that is in your game right now :/

Also, yeah tournaments counting towards mp leaderboards.... no just no, this has to be fixed as soon as possible.

Edit: + why do wins count after every heat and not at the end of the match? I mean what is the end of the match even there for if it doesnt count more than every heat?

En0-
01-24-2015, 10:05 AM
Agreed with everything above.

However, it's important to put the mode out, and see what are the real problems and provide a solution to support MP competition on a mode that is already working live correctly.

booped
01-24-2015, 10:56 AM
I agree, elo ranking system would seem perfect for this, reward for winning against higher ranked players etc.

VEGASTRASH
01-24-2015, 05:09 PM
Linking MP and tournaments for MP ranking is no good. Who plays tournaments? 50 people?

ihazfaults
01-24-2015, 10:05 PM
Online MP has been out like 3 days, and I already need to win 3,125 matches to work my way up to 1st. </notgonnadoit>

basically the way it is now, average players have NO incentive to even stay in the room with known better players.

I love math and statistics, I would love to try and help fix this old problem.

BeardinUSA
01-24-2015, 10:24 PM
basically the way it is now, average players have NO incentive to even stay in the room with known better players.

I actually see people lobby shopping alot. Ill be in a lobby waiting. As soon as someone in Hero joins up, 1-3 people will quit out.

Also while I dont care about about leaderboards. If I wanted to I could give myself a strict NAT so I can get into smaller lobbies and have a better chance of winning.

Both these abuses are bad for the health of the multiplayer system in general, so I hope whatever leaderboard solution they come up with, doesnt encourage them. I actually almost kinda wish there were no multiplayer leaderboards at this point.

simmzy1507
01-24-2015, 11:15 PM
If anyone has played Mario Kart Wii I think that system would work perfectly for this game. You start off with a certain amount of points and you will either gain or lose points based on your performances and as time goes by the best players will be battling other good players and the lesser players will be matched with each other too. Right now in Fusion anything between 2-8 is considered a loss so people are constantly quitting lobbies to look for an easy win. Placing 2nd or 3rd in a game with good players should be worth more than easily beating new players who are new to the game. Also tournaments aren't really multiplayer at all..

Retribution
01-25-2015, 03:10 PM
I actually see people lobby shopping alot. Ill be in a lobby waiting. As soon as someone in Hero joins up, 1-3 people will quit out.

Hasn't happened to me. But then again, i couldn't imagine quitting out if i saw 'RetroGummiBear' joining a lobby. Id have to think its gotta be a eatable cuddly little bear and that there was no way this dude could beat me at trials. Probably used his connections and brought his way in Hero with his charisma. What a joke. Easy W incoming....

shakeyclaret
01-25-2015, 06:49 PM
I have to agree that the inclusion of tournaments is disappointing.
I too have been on the end of a few lobby shoppers, yesterday I must have seen 8-15 people join then leave the lobby and I was the only one in it. Now its not like im top of the lb's, the only thing I can think of is the team logo OTHG is scaring people off as we are in the top 10 teams but I have no idea. I personally prefer playing against the top guys as I know it will help me to improve :)
My last point to everyone is this - how is it possible to make the lb fair? If I became good friends hypothetically with all of the Hero team and only played them in mp, I am pretty confident I would come last in every race. If my stats read 0 wins from 1000 games I would be considered one of the worst players ever to play but the lb will never show the people I play with and im pretty good so how is it possible for the lb to give me a score based on my skill level?

Steiner84
01-26-2015, 12:28 PM
im not shure ist actually Lobby Shopping.

I most likely quick most Lobbys as soon as i join them for as Long as get in the Lobby where my friends are playing.
I know there are some People I know playing in pulic MP so i try to join lobbies for as many times it takes until i get into their Lobby.

TeriXeri
01-26-2015, 02:54 PM
im not shure ist actually Lobby Shopping.

I most likely quick most Lobbys as soon as i join them for as Long as get in the Lobby where my friends are playing.
I know there are some People I know playing in pulic MP so i try to join lobbies for as many times it takes until i get into their Lobby.

Can't you group queue for that?

HeavenlyGuy
01-31-2015, 01:57 AM
Maybe its better to add a point system that calculates a score based on your general heat times and deducts points for getting worse times and making faults?
If you are getting slower and make more mistakes ,over time points will go down.
Almost like some sort of kill/ death ratio, like other games have.

iStriide
01-31-2015, 09:43 PM
It's sad that Trials Frontier has the best multiplayer out of of all the Trials games, and it's only an app. Can't believe they give the app game some sort of competitive ranking system and not the main games. It's so frustrating that my favorite games are owned by companies that care so little about them.

nbkillah22
02-01-2015, 08:06 AM
I dont get what people are whining about. Why would you want a leaderboard that reflects "skill" in a mode that barely takes any skill in the first place. Superx is mostly about riding on very short lines without any obstacles. Any low level player can beat a high level player just by holding down gas. Its a game mode for casual players, no need for a leaderboard.

please bring back real multiplayer redlynx!

Edit: i saw some top rider playing under a false name on xb1. Account was fusion is bad. I think it was maybe high deff lol

LoH_Dave
02-13-2015, 01:54 PM
I dont get what people are whining about. Why would you want a leaderboard that reflects "skill" in a mode that barely takes any skill in the first place. Superx is mostly about riding on very short lines without any obstacles. Any low level player can beat a high level player just by holding down gas. Its a game mode for casual players, no need for a leaderboard.

Edit: i saw some top rider playing under a false name on xb1. Account was fusion is bad. I think it was maybe high deff lol

I agree with you that supercross sucks and waiting 9months for 10 below average tracks is a joke, but hold down the gas and win? Nope. You hold down the gas and I'll beat you 100% of the time. This game is all about leaderboards, it's what gives it the replay value. Everything about your comment is rather silly.

IImayneII
02-13-2015, 02:10 PM
I agree with you that supercross sucks and waiting 9months for 10 below average tracks is a joke, but hold down the gas and win? Nope. You hold down the gas and I'll beat you 100% of the time. This game is all about leaderboards, it's what gives it the replay value. Everything about your comment is rather silly.

I wouldn't say xsupercross sucks, but most of the tracks atm are just not interesting enough to keep playing. And with only 10 tracks, where you barely like half of them, it's not going to be played alot. I don't get how the mode only has 10 tracks when it was the only multiplayer mode planned. It needed at least double the amound of that, if not more. I don't get that to be honest.

I do agree leaderboards should reflect skill tough I don't know why anyone would think you could hold gas on all tracks and just expect to win lol. Unless you don't know what you are doing

purpleoozi
02-15-2015, 05:17 AM
It's sad that Trials Frontier has the best multiplayer out of of all the Trials games, and it's only an app. Can't believe they give the app game some sort of competitive ranking system and not the main games. It's so frustrating that my favorite games are owned by companies that care so little about them.

Wah :'(

#istriidepoopsinhispants

BiG_SH0T_ROB
02-16-2015, 01:54 AM

Calm down, real mp is coming soon to a town near you.
I agree with you about supercross, its kind of a lame mode. Sorry RedLynx :(

And i think that account is Gangly aka the ninja beast.