PDA

View Full Version : Companion App - Uplay and PSN accounts screwing things up

FalcoSando
01-22-2015, 12:29 PM
So, I got the Companion App today, because I am a completionist and caved in to the pointless tedium that is apps in console/PC gaming. Now, I logged in, and I thought all was fine, till I realised I'd logged in with my defunct Uplay account from many years ago, that I made before realising I could just my PSN account instead. Is it possible at all to log into your PSN account, or does the app only allow you to use Uplay accounts? Coz if so I'd be shocked if I was the only one screwed over by yet another failed attempted at connectivity from Ubisoft.

bitebug2003
01-22-2015, 04:24 PM
The Companion app requires you to be logged in to your Uplay account

You also have to link your Uplay account to your PSN account for the Companion app to sync and connect to your console.

FalcoSando
01-23-2015, 04:06 AM
The Companion app requires you to be logged in to your Uplay account

You also have to link your Uplay account to your PSN account for the Companion app to sync and connect to your console.

I'm pretty sure I've done that; my PSN account works in the exact same way any Uplay account works. So I'm not sure what the problem is.

HeJePi
01-23-2015, 04:18 AM
I experience problems to log into UPlay website recently ... I don't know if it is only me (my old desktop PC in fact) ...
or if others have the same issue ... there was some kind of 'rewards' giving spree recently with a chance to win 1 year of UbiSoft games ... ahem ...
I'd like to see the results :rolleyes:

Also it seems that you cannot login with your same UPlay account on 2 websites at the same time ... this forum and UPlay for example.