Thread: Best Showdown Wins | Forums

carterclem7's Avatar Member

Best Showdown Wins

I got this idea after a great win of my own, why not make a thread about it?

The title of this thread is quite simple, post your best wins, whatever that may mean to you. I know there is already a thread for biggest pot, but what I'm thinking is the most last minute or the least amount of time remaining. That being said, I'd like to share what happened to me today

So I was matched up with jimmymaignan3, who I generally don't enjoy to play showdowns against because (1) he just goes for fast times while I prefer to ping pong and then later go for fast times and (2) he is a very even match. Starting out the showdown he made pretty fast times, and since I didn't want to waste all my golden tickets right away I used my 5 and no more. He had all three tracks for most of the first 18 hours. With about 6 hours left I took The Mill with the Berserker and Sunset Dungeon with my horribly upgraded Phantom. He beat me back at the Mill, leaving me with ownership of only one track. With about an hour left and not a whole lot of tickets remaining I noticed that I was closer behind him on Crane Peak so I went for that one instead of The Mill. Coming down to the last two minutes I beat him at Crane Peak with my last golden ticket. Wait until you see by how much.

I won by the absolute minimum by all variables (okay, .004 off by absolute on time, but c'mon, it sounds better this way)!!! Golden tickets down to zero. At the very end of the clock. I only best him by 0.005. This is definitely the most satisfied I've been in beating someone at a showdown. It was a bit of a nerd moment, but I may have been a bit overly excited seeing this outcome.

Oh, and proof of victory:

Anyways, what about you? What's the coolest outcome of a showdown that you've witnessed?? I look forward to seeing your responses

xzamplez's Avatar Senior Member
    It's a bit funny: I had a couple races ending this morning that I thought I'd get final runs on after I woke up, and they were seconds apart. My goal this whole time was to get legend without a loss. Well, I overslept. I woke up to found that both races have finished. Luckily, the first guy only beat one and I made it to legend. But the second guy was hustling me a bit and put in good runs last second. So, I did go the whole way without losing (wish we would've raced carterclem), but I lost my first match in the legend rank haha.

I don't have screenshots but today in the morning I beat a rank 4 player in an epic showdown.
    I outplayed him in alpha street!! zero faults!! Which it is quite strange if you know me.
    Also, I dominated him in bouncy hills/phantom. I didn't touch steam quarter/manits. For me, I can play it with the marauder and the way he did it with mantis is simply beautiful.
    Currently I'm at rank 8 with one star!

I demand respect from now on! (even if I didn't make it into the legendboard, which it is quite likely).

iviarkD's Avatar Senior Member
    I beat gtdave the first time we played. Took the tracks near the end of the 24 hours. He returned the favour a couple of showdowns later to snatch one from me. He's now beaten me 4 times since I won against him.

Originally Posted by iviarkD Go to original post
    I beat gtdave the first time we played. Took the tracks near the end of the 24 hours. He returned the favour a couple of showdowns later to snatch one from me. He's now beaten me 4 times since I won against him.
    lol . You upset him for sure!

Originally Posted by chiron1127 Go to original post
    lol . You upset him for sure!
    Oh, I'm gonna get him back.

My best win evar:
    Spoiler:  Show

You sneaky little buthole jyjeyzx

he didn't play since then.
    so actually it was the game crash who beat him, not me.
    but it was my win, sort of
    Spoiler:  Show

Alexbyrne79 isn't a legend yet!! O_o

Page 1 of 6 123 ... Last ►►