Thread: Unable to get to Channelwood | Forums

I'm having a problem getting to Channelwood. I have opened the safe & gotten the match, but cannot get the boiler to light. I have the 10th anniversary DVD edition, using Windows XP. I seem to remember a gas valve of some sort from when I played the original Myst years ago on an older computer, but cannot find a gas valve anywhere on the boiler here. The only valve I find in the room is the big one on the wall by the boiler.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

I'm having a problem getting to Channelwood. I have opened the safe & gotten the match, but cannot get the boiler to light. I have the 10th anniversary DVD edition, using Windows XP. I seem to remember a gas valve of some sort from when I played the original Myst years ago on an older computer, but cannot find a gas valve anywhere on the boiler here. The only valve I find in the room is the big one on the wall by the boiler.

There isn't a valve for the gas -- just a pilot light.

Thanks, I just checked and as I got the match this time I happened to take it across the scratch pad on the box & saw the match light. Touched it to the orange spot on the boiler and it fired up.