Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: An experiment i did with shot gun and scop: Possable glitch? | Forums

XyZspineZyX
    I have noticed some players running around with a shotgun and a scop. I found this strange. However, my suspision grew when i was sniped across the prison map and then found out next round he has a shotgun and scop. So i did an experiment. I took a shotgun and a scope and played the bunkers map. I was able to snipe tangos across the map with a shotgun if I was zoomed in with scop. There is no way I should kill anyone with a shot gun across a map. Could this be another glitch?

Message Edited on 10/14/0308:43PM by kpoularakis
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

XyZspineZyX
    I have noticed some players running around with a shotgun and a scop. I found this strange. However, my suspision grew when i was sniped across the prison map and then found out next round he has a shotgun and scop. So i did an experiment. I took a shotgun and a scope and played the bunkers map. I was able to snipe tangos across the map with a shotgun if I was zoomed in with scop. There is no way I should kill anyone with a shot gun across a map. Could this be another glitch?

Message Edited on 10/14/0308:43PM by kpoularakis

XyZspineZyX
    Glitch? No. Poor damage modeling et. al? Yeah. People have been sniping with shotguns since the game came out. Scope or no scope.

<TABLE ALIGN=LEFT BORDER=0 CELLPADDING=5 CELLSPACING=5 RULES=NONE COLS=2 WIDTH=80%>
    <TR><TD> </TD>
    <TD><font color=white size=-2>"...the Goddess could not spend all Her time persuading the
    Kings and Queens of the world of the idiocy of war. Therefore
    She invented tacticians..." - Diane Duane</font></TD></TR>
    </TABLE>

XyZspineZyX
    LOL, It takes 2-3 shots to kill at close range (mashed potato shooter). But you can kill a tango at far range with 1 shot!? LMAO

Lets hear a round of applause for UBI .... *CLAP* *CLAP* *CLAP*

MY SPIDER SENSES ARE TINGLING BATMAN!

XyZspineZyX
    shotgunsd have no range in rreal life but in raven shiled you can snip with them. I have been sniped many times across a map with a shotgun but i always dismissed it. I can recognize the sound but always told myself na it cant be. Now i have confirmed it. I am also convinced that those players reloading 5 times right at the beggining of every round have also found a glitch. I have paid attention to that and noticed that those who do it have really good scores. I just dont know what it does but i do have my suspesions.

Now lets sum this game up:

- you can run while scoped and make shots you are not suppose too.

- you can snipe a tango across a map with a shotgun

- you can walk up to tango's two feet out, empty a whole clip without a single bullet hitting or being detected.

- You got exploding barels laid out all over the map like this is donky kong.

- you can get shot in the head and get gimped and limp.

- You can walk into a room with five tangos, whip your gun around like you are having an epileptic seisure and walk out with five kills.

Golf clap for UBI: *CLAP* *CLAP* *CLAP*

XyZspineZyX
    a shutgun with a scope is a major bug. Period.

how about a flame thrower with a scope ubisoft !!!

"id buy that for a dollar"

Message Edited on 10/15/0302:29AM by Menthol_moose

XyZspineZyX
    *CLAP* *CLAP* *CLAP* Ubi...

XyZspineZyX
    Coz scopes significantly reduce bullet spread which is why u could snipe with shotguns.

<The same thing I would say to my future girlfriend>

XyZspineZyX
    Ever since that thread about people reloading at the start being a glitch i have become addicted to reloading lol

XyZspineZyX
    A shotgun with a scope is possible. Very possible. I own one. I know several people that own them. Several scope companies make scopes specifically for a shotgun.

As for sniping across the map...very possible. The person was probably using slugs for ammo. A shotgun with the right slug and barrel combination can EASILY shoot 3" groups at 150 yds.

As for killing, a shotgun slug is the most lethal ammo available at close ranges with the 50 BMG being the only exception to that. I don't care how heavy your body armor is, the shear energy of a shotgun slug will pulverize your organs by force alone even though it won't penetrate body armor.

Most 12 ga shotgun slugs weigh 1oz and are traveling at least 1300 fps at the muzzle. It is an enormously powerful round and if you are talking 3 in. magnum loads, the velocity goes up to 1600 fps or more.

The shotgun is relatively well modeled in RvS. It is a very lethal and effective weapon for CQB. It's slow rate of fire and massive recoil make it a little rough for intense fire fights, but one on one, a shotgun in the hands of the right person can be a very dangerous situation.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast