Thread: People Quittting games are out of control! | Forums

Spider-Bot | Splinter Cell Blacklist | Companion App

Fourth Echelon Economy 101 | Splinter Cell Blacklist [NORTH AMERICA]

Out of the Shadows - Splinter Cell Blacklist Dev Panel

J. Cole Trailer - Splinter Cell Blacklist [NORTH AMERICA]

Obviously the ranking system is seriously flawed. Sometimes I'll get on and play ranking games for five or six hours and only get to complete maybe five to ten games because people quit. The dissconnects are out of control. Sure there is a penalty, but how about a reward for the team that owned up on the opposition frustrating them to the point of quiting.
    I think a solution would be to give points to the team that didn't quit based on when the players quit. Ex. If a player quits with 9min left in the game. The opposing team would be awarded 1 point, But if a player quits with 1 min left the opposing team would be awarded 9 points. I think this would stop me from using my favorite catch phrase "If I had a point for every dissconect I'd be a level 90 by now"
    Really though who cares about the penalty for the quiters we just want our points for playing well.

Quick Slap
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Obviously the ranking system is seriously flawed. Sometimes I'll get on and play ranking games for five or six hours and only get to complete maybe five to ten games because people quit. The dissconnects are out of control. Sure there is a penalty, but how about a reward for the team that owned up on the opposition frustrating them to the point of quiting.
    I think a solution would be to give points to the team that didn't quit based on when the players quit. Ex. If a player quits with 9min left in the game. The opposing team would be awarded 1 point, But if a player quits with 1 min left the opposing team would be awarded 9 points. I think this would stop me from using my favorite catch phrase "If I had a point for every dissconect I'd be a level 90 by now"
    Really though who cares about the penalty for the quiters we just want our points for playing well.

Quick Slap

Its a nice idea but unfortunately that system would be open to abuse. You would have loads of people with a free, 2 month trial just using their second account to keep dumping out of games to push up their stats.

----------------------------------------------------------

GamerTag 1: DJToot
    GamerTag 2: Mr Toot

Also on Amped 2, Splinter Cell: Pandora Tomorrow and PGR 2
    ----------------------------------------------------------

LoZ Council Admin - My opinion is always right so have respect for my position and don't disagree with me

Personally I think the ranking system is responsible for alot of the quitters its not responsible for the quitters in the middle of a game or the ones that leave as soon as they are done being a spy. But it makes the lobby browsing way to crappy. I'm happy this isnt in the pc version and hope it never changes. If it does I may switch games cause of the aggravation levels.

I love this game but a game is a game and shouldnt have players ranked unless they are competeing in tournaments and then they should be ranked there and only there

if you're so fed upwith people quitting ranked matches, play unranked matches

the only difference is it wont do anything to your stats (but if people keep leaving in ranked matches anyways, it dont make any difference)

<center>

I have the PC version, and know nothing of the Xbox rank nor point system

But a idea would be to be rewarded points for how many kills and objectives you got completed.
    Points subtracted for how many objectives for the opposite team gets completed, and how many times you die.

Plus points should only be awarded at the end of the game, minus points should be instant.

Of course points should be based on the opposite team and your own teammate's level/points.
    For example, if the opposite team is near zeroed out on points, and you are, say, level 20 (i have no idea how levels works)
    You would get NO points.
    Thereby you can only lose points.
    And if you are a newbie with no points playing with a level 20, you wouldnt get plus points for anything else then frags.
    The other way around, if you die to a lowleveler you lose more points then normally.
    And the newbie gets more points for fragging the highleveler.
    With this i cant really see any abuse and i would see a decrease in newbie bashing, and to top it off we might even see newbies trying to "get the highlever"

A new term is thus created, Veteran Bashing!
    H2O
    We are LIQUID! (inside joke)
    http://www.techgiants.com/h2o
    "Wanna do the EMF?"
    Yet another inside joke

I play on PC

Now I'm a pretty good merc (I hope) and when I kill a spy 4 times within 5 minutes, he leaves. It's not good beeing good

Sometimes people also say I am cheating... here goes my reputation

S7N, playing unranked games isn't the solution either. most people as soon as they hop in check if ranking is on and leave if you won't turn it on. they're also the same people who join last as a merc and switch to spy even though there are two spies on the spy side already. it just comes down to the fact that there's a lot of immature players online. right now they seem to outnumber the mature players which is why I've stopped playing PT and gone back to Rainbow. when more of my friends from Rainbow make the switch (and a lot of them said that they won't because of the b.s. that goes on in PT) then maybe I'll switch back.

people on pc, u gotta remember, this game crashes alot and pb likes to kick. So before u go accusing alot of people of 'leaving' the game, just remember it might of just messed up on them, i know its happened to me plenty.

MP Name(PC): CCCRRAAACCKKK
    Jumponyatwice
    ---------------------------------
    mp name: ?

alittle words of wisdom for you people," Its not a insult if it isnt true." think about it.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by MrBisto:
    Its a nice idea but unfortunately that system would be open to abuse. You would have loads of people with a free, 2 month trial just using their second account to keep dumping out of games to push up their stats.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

While it is true some players will waste their lives doing this, 98% of the players will not bother. UBISOFT! The system needs to be changed. The team that doesn't quit should be awarded points, the dropper should lose 20 (not the 5-6 you lose now), and the partner of the quitter should lose zero points. While this would be far from perfect, I would have credit for 100+ games that I should have won. Why not change the option in the game to "resign" instead? The partner would have to agree, and then both would lose points. If the partner chooses to not resign, then the game goes on. If the quitter then gets up and turns off the XBox and quits, he loses 20+ points as I said before.

The ranking system is necessary to find competitive games against players of similar skills, or players who are better than you. Take away the ranking system, and this game will really suck. So, please improve the ranking system ASAP.