Thread: Delays with PlayStation DLC in the EU | Forums

DeityCAN's Avatar Member
    If I was to wager a guess.. it would be that the new uploaded PS4 files aren't associated with the old PS3 files previously purchased. ie. there are no indicators marked PS4/PS3 and if they are associated then they require an updated permission or license to access them (click download free on the old file then update permissions). I am unclear as to how simple or complex a fix this is as I've never edited the PSN store front, but it would only logically (IT education) guess that it would only be a few hours of searching out and editing a line or two of code.

What I do know is what happened a few weeks ago is happening with the Shamrock pack and ballads now. The webstore showing I haven't purchased it until i click on add to cart and it says 'You are not eligible to purchase or download this content'. I had already downloaded them at the time of purchase or via the PS4 PSNstore, but it's strange that it is still showing the content as unpurchased. However I also bought the Seether pack this week and it shows purchased in the webstore.

My PS4 PSN store says... installed. (so I can't tell if it would work otherwise)

The in game store is a complete mess.. singles in pack section.. packs in singles section.. packs missing eg. Seether. Otherwise it reflects much of the same data as the PS4 PSNstore.

DjPelle's Avatar Member
    @DanAmrich

BTW Dan, did u tried to create an EU ACC on the PS4?

And is it not possible that your team or Sony tries to fix the issues that way they did it with Eye of the Tiger 3 weeks ago?

Eye of the Tiger before fix:

Eye of the Tiger after fix:

Or maybe it will help to compare that dlc with one of those that makes problems, don't know.

patdj182's Avatar Member
    Thanks for commenting on the cross buy issues, Dan. Good to know the ppl in charge are aware of the issue. I keep my fingers crossed for tonite / tomorrow. Since I did never own RS on the PS3 I'm not directly affected by the cb-issues, but I really hope my fellow activists here finally get some of their owned songs to play on PS4.

The_Lexx's Avatar Member
    My prediction:

* No fix on legacy DLC from the previous fortnight
    * Legacy DLC dropped tomorrow will not work either.

Cheers.

patdj182's Avatar Member
    Originally Posted by The_Lexx Go to original post
    My prediction:

* No fix on legacy DLC from the previous fortnight
    * Legacy DLC dropped tomorrow will not work either.

Cheers.
    What's with the negativity, Lexx. Cheer up! This is for the Players!

Originally Posted by patdj182 Go to original post
    What's with the negativity, Lexx. Cheer up! This is for the Payers!
    Fixed.

If I was a betting man:

I think the crossbuy won't work tomorrow. Next week will be a non-update bundling existing tracks into packs again. The following week will be the final update.

Then we'll wait weeks for a cross buy fix (that will happen in increments instead of all at once) & the import tool.

The_Lexx's Avatar Member
    Hahahahaha!

DeityCAN's Avatar Member
    Originally Posted by Danson79 Go to original post
    Fixed.

If I was a betting man:

I think the crossbuy won't work tomorrow. Next week will be a non-update bundling existing tracks into packs again. The following week will be the final update.

Then we'll wait weeks for a cross buy fix (that will happen in increments instead of all at once) & the import tool.
    Sadly this is exactly how I see it playing out.

The_Lexx's Avatar Member
    Originally Posted by DeityCAN Go to original post
    Sadly this is exactly how I see it playing out.
    Good times!

For the record, In case the mods or Ubisoft employees have any hard feelings that I'm pressing for an Australian government agency to investigate the consumer practices of the company, I know it's not you guys. Poor business culture starts at the top. I know you guys just work there.

Anyway fellow Rocksmithians, I'm hoping to hear back from the Department of Fair Trading within the next few days to be advised if they will be investigating Ubisoft Australia! I will post up any relevant details when in.

*Edit*

Hahahahahahaha, I'm going to make a further prediction.

I predict that yeah, nothing will work, yada, yada, yada, but that because I have no more avenues to follow in regards to seeking an outcome. I'll end up making some smart @rse comment and get my self banned. Black widow will crack the ban hammer down on me again and I won't be able to post. If this does happen, If I'm not here for more than a day - come find in my EU PSN thread!

Toodles!

DanAmrich's Avatar Rocksmith ComDev
    Below is a list of songs that have been added to this week’s release schedule:

Release Date Artist
    15-Apr Kiss Song Pack - BUNDLE
    15-Apr The White Stripes Song Pack - BUNDLE
    15-Apr Alice in Chains Song Pack - BUNDLE
    16-Apr R.E.M. Song Pack - BUNDLE
    16-Apr B'z Song Pack - BUNDLE

Below is the list of song scheduled to release next week:

Release Date Artist Song
    22-Apr Golden Bomber Memeshikute
    22-Apr Golden Bomber Earphone
    22-Apr The Doobie Brothers China Grove
    22-Apr Mastodon Oblivion
    22-Apr Mastodon Colony Of Birchmen
    22-Apr Mastodon Black Tongue
    22-Apr Daryl Hall and John Oates Kiss On My List
    22-Apr Biffy Clyro Black Chandelier

Like everyone else here, I hope we will see some movement on the permissions issues related to the recent legacy DLC, and there have been significant discussions about this outstanding issue internally, but I do not have an update on the status of the fix at this time.