Thread: Delays with PlayStation DLC in the EU | Forums

The_Lexx's Avatar Member
    Originally Posted by Graffin_G Go to original post
    They had a flash sale on the weekend, one of the games was still showing full price, I hopped on live chat (on a Sunday), spoke with a Rodrigo, he told me to purchase it at full price and i'd be refunded the difference in vouchers. He sent the PSN codes through within minutes whilst we were in the chat session... problem solved... in minutes... not months like SCEE.

Nice!

Anyone checked PSN yet? Are we up to date with all DLC????

patdj182's Avatar Member
    From what I can see there is only new content this week (Slayer). Can anyone report any fixed issues?

Originally Posted by patdj182 Go to original post
    From what I can see there is only new content this week (Slayer). Can anyone report any fixed issues?
    Slayer was added yesterday. Nope. Nothing else seems to have been fixed or added. No Rise Against

Was it Dan that said we'd have all the content by mid-May?

Nothing but Slayer? The incompetence continues to blow my mind.

The_Lexx's Avatar Member
    Originally Posted by Danson79 Go to original post
    Nothing but Slayer? The incompetence continues to blow my mind.

Lets just wait till the end of May. If nothing has progressed, I'm happy to start the whole process again with the DOFT, ACCC and Ubisoft Sydney. There has been two more rulings against game developers in Australia since end of April so clearly the ACCC is on the crackdown. Technically we still do not have a complete game in the eye of Australian consumer law. Just let the ACCC follow their processes this time.

Cheers.

Originally Posted by The_Lexx Go to original post
    Lets just wait till the end of May. If nothing has progressed, I'm happy to start the whole process again with the DOFT, ACCC and Ubisoft Sydney. There has been two more rulings against game developers in Australia since end of April so clearly the ACCC is on the crackdown. Technically we still do not have a complete game in the eye of Australian consumer law. Just let the ACCC follow their processes this time.

Cheers.
    I'm happy with that Lexx. Trading Standards/CAB in the UK have this stance on it (following the forwarding of my response from SCEE). I have to be honest though, I'm not taking this to small claims court because a) I have all of my content now, so my case will be weak and b) I simply don't have time. However, i'm sure other UK dwellers can use this info and Trading Standards use any info I give them for their file.

Dear Mr D79,

Thank you for your e mail about case reference number 12742621.

We appreciate you taking the time to update us on the steps you have taken.
    From the attached Sony response I can see that they have concluded that Ubisoft are liable for any representation they make incorrectly about their game.

Your rights and obligations
    Although Sony may not have created the game, they have potential liability under consumer law to ensure that goods that they sell (the game)should be ‘as described’. In other words, if Sony sell a game advertised with transferrable downloadable content, this should be an accurate representation of that product.

If the goods have been mis-described by Sony’s supplier, Sony should then pursue their supplier for mis-representation of that product to cover any losses they have as a result of your pursuit of them under your statutory rights.

Your next steps
    Unfortunately, in your particular authority, the trading standards team does not offer an intervention facility and as such, we are unable to request that they take up the case on your behalf.

Realistically, if you are unable to make any progress with the trader you may have to consider starting a small claim to try and enforce your rights.
    It is also useful to mention this in any correspondence with the trader as further incentive to review your complaint.

Our recommendation at this stage would be to send a second letter to the trader threatening small claims action if they refuse to assist.

You will find a template and useful information on the following link.

You should only consider taking someone to court if there is no other way to get what you want without taking legal action. The small claims process allows any individual to make a civil claim of £10,000 or less against a trader for a nominal fee.

The small claims process is supposed to be simple enough for you to manage without the help of a solicitor. There shouldn't be lots of witnesses to call or difficult points of law to understand, the court protocols are fairly easy to follow - see https://www.moneyclaim.gov.uk/web/mcol/welcome for more information.
    (If the link does not work, please copy and paste it into your browser address bar.)

What we’ll do
    We will notify Trading Standards of the trader's activities. Whilst this would not help with your complaint, this is valuable intelligence for them, which may be taken into consideration in any future dealings they have with the trader.

If you want to discuss this further please call us on 03454 04 05 06 or reply to this e mail.

Kind regards,

(name redacted)
    Citizens Advice consumer service

The_Lexx's Avatar Member
    Originally Posted by Danson79 Go to original post
    I'm happy with that Lexx. Trading Standards/CAB in the UK have this stance on it (following the forwarding of my response from SCEE). I have to be honest though, I'm not taking this to small claims court because a) I have all of my content now, so my case will be weak and b) I simply don't have time. However, i'm sure other UK dwellers can use this info and Trading Standards use any info I give them for their file.

Dear Mr D79,

Thank you for your e mail about case reference number 12742621.

We appreciate you taking the time to update us on the steps you have taken.
    From the attached Sony response I can see that they have concluded that Ubisoft are liable for any representation they make incorrectly about their game.

Your rights and obligations
    Although Sony may not have created the game, they have potential liability under consumer law to ensure that goods that they sell (the game)should be ‘as described’. In other words, if Sony sell a game advertised with transferrable downloadable content, this should be an accurate representation of that product.

If the goods have been mis-described by Sony’s supplier, Sony should then pursue their supplier for mis-representation of that product to cover any losses they have as a result of your pursuit of them under your statutory rights.

Your next steps
    Unfortunately, in your particular authority, the trading standards team does not offer an intervention facility and as such, we are unable to request that they take up the case on your behalf.

Realistically, if you are unable to make any progress with the trader you may have to consider starting a small claim to try and enforce your rights.
    It is also useful to mention this in any correspondence with the trader as further incentive to review your complaint.

Our recommendation at this stage would be to send a second letter to the trader threatening small claims action if they refuse to assist.

You will find a template and useful information on the following link.

You should only consider taking someone to court if there is no other way to get what you want without taking legal action. The small claims process allows any individual to make a civil claim of £10,000 or less against a trader for a nominal fee.

The small claims process is supposed to be simple enough for you to manage without the help of a solicitor. There shouldn't be lots of witnesses to call or difficult points of law to understand, the court protocols are fairly easy to follow - see https://www.moneyclaim.gov.uk/web/mcol/welcome for more information.
    (If the link does not work, please copy and paste it into your browser address bar.)

What we’ll do
    We will notify Trading Standards of the trader's activities. Whilst this would not help with your complaint, this is valuable intelligence for them, which may be taken into consideration in any future dealings they have with the trader.

If you want to discuss this further please call us on 03454 04 05 06 or reply to this e mail.

Kind regards,

(name redacted)
    Citizens Advice consumer service
    Fair enough.

patdj182's Avatar Member
    Hey everyone,

seems like another meek week. Only a RATM Pack re-released:

The_Lexx's Avatar Member
    Damn!

Do we have a list of the outstanding songs? Seriously...

Hope everyone is well by the way!

patdj182's Avatar Member
    If somebody wants to support this PS4 blog post: http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2015/...comment-639363