Thread: Delays with PlayStation DLC in the EU | Forums

DeityCAN's Avatar Member
    Still no Creed pack or Tom Petty pack as well. It seem's petty (pardon the pun), but we pay so much more for DLC that I can't bring myself to spend the extra few dollars.

SquirrellyNinja's Avatar RS Product Manager
    Originally Posted by Graffin_G Go to original post
    5 weeks? Try 10 weeks... that's when the Creed Pack should have been added.

Of course Ubisoft will go out of their way to have this one free song pulled rather than concentrating on getting all of the RS1/RS2014 missing/delayed content on BOTH the PS3 and PS4 in SCEE regions.

With just one final update remaining on December 17, don't hold your breath in seeing anything being resolved. It really sounds like Rocksmith and Ubisoft just sit back and gently nudge SCEE/Sony every few weeks. They should be on their cases each week if their content doesn't appear in the update. It's simply not good enough.

Aren't the Rocksmith devs actually working in a small office in Europe (France I believe)? If so, they're located in Europe and still can't seem to communicate with SCEE (that's Sony Computer Entertainment EUROPE)? Something's very wrong there then.

Dan, it's beyond a joke. SCEE regions missed out on two tracks and two packs for the PS3. All of which was brought to SquirrellyNinja's attention and he gave us the assurance that it was being looked into. Over 2 years has passed and nothing's changed. We didn't get the free Holiday Songs either. And, we end up paying almost double of what US PSN gamers do. I'm sure you have *some* input as to what the pricing should be, otherwise you guys wouldn't be so upset over one song being offered for FREE. Hell, after all the delays and overpriced content, I think we deserve a little bit more than that.

How is it that Hamonix managed to get all of their content up for Rock Band 1, 2 and 3? They experienced delays. The difference is, they actively communicated with SCEE, resubmitted content, and they informed all of us as to when the ETA would be (in most cases, they were spot on and true to their word). The delays they experienced were 2-3 weeks at most (not counting when the PSN was hacked), but even then, when everything resumed, all of the promised content was there within weeks, not months, not years, and we didn't have to keep complaining on their forums to make it happen... they made it happen.

My frustration levels have reached fever pitch... it's gone from 90% aimed at SCEE, to 50% SCEE and 50% being Ubisoft's fault. Please work together and get this resolved.
    That bold part being incorrect (as was mentioned we're in San Francisco) is the main reason why it's harder for us to communicate with SCEE and sort those things out. There are separate processes for SCEA and SCEE which is why the stuff directly within our influence (SCEA and MS which is worldwide submsision) tend to go more smoothly.

And the reason we needed to move so quickly on the Hendrix error is that we did not want to be in breach of our licensing agreements and upset our relations with license holders. When it comes to giving away content it needs to be expressly agreed and often certain limiting terms are set. This was an error with a specific traceable cause with a straightforward fix. It also generally seems easier to remove content rather than upload content but those are details of SCEE's policy of store management that they determine. Trust me, I wish they could respond to all of our requests this rapidly.

solidwhitemike's Avatar Member
    I feel all you SCEE guys as this situation does really suck. However I think your efforts might be better spent on sending complaints directly to SCEE. Of course Ubisoft wants this resolved as they want to be able to sell you their product so they can make money. The issue is with SCEE apparently being totally useless. Hopefully enough complaints and they will do something about it.

The_Working_Man's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by SquirrellyNinja Go to original post
    And the reason we needed to move so quickly on the Hendrix error is that we did not want to be in breach of our licensing agreements and upset our relations with license holders. When it comes to giving away content it needs to be expressly agreed and often certain limiting terms are set. This was an error with a specific traceable cause with a straightforward fix. It also generally seems easier to remove content rather than upload content but those are details of SCEE's policy of store management that they determine. Trust me, I wish they could respond to all of our requests this rapidly.
    All that makes sense, and I don't blame anyone for taking down the free song, but it still demonstrates the point that certain "requests" do not get answered by "we don't have the resources to handle that right now", while others do. In other words, it all comes down to priorities. When the priority is there, they can always find the people to make it happen right now.

We've heard that the Jimi Hendrix dlc *WILL* go out on time. Why is Jimi immune to the nebulous issues which have plagued all the other dlc packs? Because he is a big Christmas-time sales promotion related to the new console release and people know they could lose jobs if they screw something up which causes sales to suffer at this most-important time of year for products and retail. I would imagine that even includes communications which could leave any doubt that the big promotion might not go through as planned, which is why that particular point has been made so abundantly clear despite the vagaries about all the rest of the issues.

Originally Posted by solidwhitemike Go to original post
    I feel all you SCEE guys as this situation does really suck. However I think your efforts might be better spent on sending complaints directly to SCEE. Of course Ubisoft wants this resolved as they want to be able to sell you their product so they can make money. The issue is with SCEE apparently being totally useless. Hopefully enough complaints and they will do something about it.
    Trust me, there have been plenty of complaints, at least every Wednesday on the official blog when they disappoint with their release announcements. The answers have ranged from silence to "We have no new info for you".

At this stage, I feel that the only language they'll understand is legalese. After the recent lawsuit that SCEA had to settle after falsely advertising the Vita, surely the same can be aimed at the advertising of Rocksmith 2014 on the Playstation blog, with the statement that we'll be able to play all of our previously purchased content on the PS4 version. The only problem I can see is that that post on the SCEE blog was made by Ubisoft themselves, which I think would make them the liable party (I wouldn't know for sure, not ever having any experience in legal matters). If so, wouldn't it be in the interests of Ubisoft to get this matter resolved as soon as possible to avoid such a lawsuit?

I would be interested to know for sure and if anyone on these forums has any experience in this field, or know someone that does, would welcome their input. I can think of false advertising, and maybe discrimination as two possible avenues for investigation.

I paid out £60 solely based on that blog post and am starting to feel extremely cheated.

As for the defence about the RS developers being based in SF, that holds no water for me. Having sat through hours of the long crawls of credits at the end of Ubisoft's games, I know they have studios based around the world, not least in Europe, with corporate headquarters in each region. What has Ubisoft Europe been doing about this? We keep hearing how difficult it is for the San Francisco office to talk to SCEE (if only there were communication tools in modern society that could help with that!), but surely this is the kind of thing that those corporate headquarters are being paid to do? If not, then what the hell are they doing with their day, apart from swamping YouTube with trailers?

Also, I don't want to get on your case, Dan, since you are the only person out of Ubisoft and SCEE to have the decency to keep us informed and answer us, but surely you must have thought when you typed that 40 tracks were released this week, and 4 the week before, that less than ten per cent and one percent, respectively, of the total content we were promised is just not good enough as a weekly update. At best we're talking three months until we get that content completed, and that's not including the weekly updates of new content that seem to have disappeared from the schedule entirely.

We need a definitive answer on when we will finally get all this content, and it would be nice to get some sort of reassurance that we will get as equal support as your North American customers, as you know that if this was happening on SCEA's store, there is no way that this would have dragged on this long.

Originally Posted by SquirrellyNinja Go to original post
    And the reason we needed to move so quickly on the Hendrix error is that we did not want to be in breach of our licensing agreements and upset our relations with license holders.".
    Why would you be upset with 'damaging relations' for one song being put up accidentally for free and one format in one region, when you or Sony don't seem that bothered about the various artists losing money because their content hasn't made it to the store?

Forget the relationship with the Hendrix estate, you should be thinking about your relationship with your EU PS4 customers first and foremost. Stop deflecting the blame and give us what we've (over) paid for. At the end of the day it's 4-5gb of content to upload, not exactly challenging.

the_big_wig97's Avatar Member
    These delays do suck but I would think that at the main Ubisoft headquarters in France (apparently that's where it is, after all it's a French company from what I've read) would be asking the people at SCEE why this DLC is not being added to their own region. But I don't really know much about how the DLC is processed and sent and all that but I would love me some Bon Jovi.

BazzTard61's Avatar Banned
    how much longer does it take to ADD songs as opposed to REMOVING free ones?

DjPelle's Avatar Member
    Last thursday i´d wrote to the SCEE PSN Support Team about the 2 missing songs that should be in the EU PS4 Updates( Behind Blue Eyes and Afterlife). Today i get the answer from them:

Singstar DLC issue

We know the problem with the DLC and we work on it LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

After that i think they are all drunk.

sh1kamaru-'s Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by Danson79 Go to original post
    Why would you be upset with 'damaging relations' for one song being put up accidentally for free and one format in one region, when you or Sony don't seem that bothered about the various artists losing money because their content hasn't made it to the store?

Forget the relationship with the Hendrix estate, you should be thinking about your relationship with your EU PS4 customers first and foremost. Stop deflecting the blame and give us what we've (over) paid for. At the end of the day it's 4-5gb of content to upload, not exactly challenging.
    It's not that simple, but anyway, you're not the one entitled to say who should do what.

I believe we're in an attrition warfare where Sony does not want to see that content available (after all, they already have singstar as a music game and could see ubisoft as a competitor even if RS does not have scored vocals). So Ubisoft has to allocate resources to deal with those issues and we customers have to insist until they give us a cookie. Over the long term my fear is that customers may leave the ship, and Ubisoft will estimate that delivering the content on EU PSN isn't profitable at which point they will stop releasing it on that platform. That happened in the past with Harmonix, where they stopped releasing songs for EU PSN and Wii. They eventually resumed the releasing process.

That is my fear atm, I would love to see these issues gone but it's only getting worse week after week.

All this is pure speculation from my part, but this is what I worry about. If it was one mishap I would see it another way, but repeatedly like that, and taking so long to fix the situation it just feels like protectionism.