Thread: Delays with PlayStation DLC in the EU | Forums

DanAmrich's Avatar Rocksmith ComDev

Delays with PlayStation DLC in the EU

As many of you know, we’re currently experiencing some delays of Rocksmith 2014 DLC on PlayStation platforms in European territories, Australia & New Zealand. We hope these issues may be resolved by mid-December, but we do not have final confirmation on a date at this time. We also expect Jimi Hendrix DLC will appear per the original schedule -- December 16 in the US and December 17 internationally -- but we believe the DLC content currently missing, as well as the content scheduled between now and then, will not hit the original schedule. Xbox and Steam platforms should be unaffected during this time. Thank you for your patience.

UPDATE 12/10:
    We are hopeful that the missing DLC -- Tom Petty, Foo Fighters II, Bullet for my Valentine, Bon Jovi, and Rage Against the Machine -- will be posted to the EU PS Store by the end of the month, but we do not have a hard date. Keep an eye on the PlayStation Blog in the EU on Wednesdays to see what has been added to the EU PS Store. As for legacy PS4 DLC in EU & related territories, SCEE is adding it as their schedule allows. This means there is no hard and fast schedule as to when this content will be available; it's more like whatever the SCEE team can accommodate each week. This week it was more than 40 tracks; a previous week, it was just 4. Do not expect it all to appear at once; the three-week rollout schedule that was implemented in the US PS Store and Xbox worldwide was not compatible with SCEE's processes. Again, keep an eye on the PlayStation Blog in the EU on Wednesdays to see what has been added to the EU PS Store.

UPDATE 1/5:
    SCEE will not begin posting DLC again until Wednesday, 1/14. The Linkin Park DLC pack which is being released this week on Steam and Xbox and on US PS platforms will appear on January 14th as SCEE gets back into the post-holiday swing of things. Additionally, the five delayed DLC packs listed above are now expected some time in the month of February 2015. When I have more info I'll let you know.

UPDATE 1/6:
    Due to some technical issues involving submitting DLC, which was exacerbated by the holiday break, we currently expect additional delays for PS3 and PS4 DLC. Here is our current revised schedule for all outstanding PS3 and PS4 DLC in territories served by the EU PlayStation Store:

We apologize for the delays, and we're looking forward to everything being back on schedule in just a few short weeks. Thank you for your continued patience.

UPDATE 1/23:
    Here is another update to the schedule, with some artist names filled in as well as dates that more accurately align with EU PS Store releases.

Next week's DLC -- Jan 28 -- is slated for an on-time release on both platforms. The week following is when we expect to see the PS4 post-launch DLC catch up. Beyond that, I'm waiting for revised dates on the PS3 content. Also, as previously stated, legacy DLC (songs released prior to these dates listed) will be released as SCEE's schedule allows. (The legacy DLC content has been provided; it was delivered shortly before the PS4 launch.)

I'll continue to update this post with fresh information as I get it. Thank you for your continued patience.

UPDATE 1/26:
    Four of the PS3 DLC packs that were TBD are now expected to appear on February 4 as well. Updated schedule below.

UPDATE 1/28:
    Happily, Linkin Park and Soundgarden were made available on PS3 today, along with the scheduled release of Three Days Grace. Of the most recent DLC, only Tom Petty is left as TBD on PS3 now. (We are still tracking a few older DLC packs that are missing.)

UPDATE 1/29:

Today we learned that there will be a delay in next week's DLC -- so while a lot of delayed DLC will catch up on Feb 4, the actual Feb 4 DLC will be a week late on PS platforms in the EU PS Store. Updated schedule below.

UPDATE 2/4:

I am pleased to report that the missing DLC was released according to the revised schedule. Power Ballads are still expected next week, along with the regularly scheduled 2/11 DLC.

As for legacy PS4 DLC in EU & related territories -- content released on PS3 before the Novemeber 2014 PS4 launch -- SCEE is adding it as their schedule allows. This means there is no hard and fast schedule as to when this content will be available; it's more like whatever the SCEE team can accommodate each week. Keep an eye on the PlayStation Blog in the EU on Wednesdays to see what has been added to the EU PS Store.

DjPelle's Avatar Member
    THX for that information Dan. Good news but also bad news for us, because another week without something :/

Originally Posted by DanAmrich Go to original post
    As many of you know, we’re currently experiencing some delays of Rocksmith 2014 DLC on PlayStation platforms in European territories, Australia & New Zealand. We expect these issues to be resolved and the affected content to be made available by mid-December. We also expect Jimi Hendrix DLC will appear per the original schedule -- December 16 in the US and December 17 internationally -- but we believe the DLC content currently missing, as well as the content scheduled between now and then, will not appear until that same week.

Xbox and Steam platforms should be unaffected during this time. Thank you for your patience.
    Will someone please explain to me why Sony UK/EU/AU gets special treatment by having their problems fixed while those of us LOYAL CUSTOMERS ON PC in Canada and US have never receieved such special attention, even though we pay the EXACT same for the game (often less in some cases?!)

Free Jimi Hendrix DLC sure would be nice.

And on a far more serious note...

I think some 'thank you' posts may be in order - certainly by mid-December if this all plays out as it's supposed to - because I'm guessing that this took some considerable effort to right the ship on the part of Ubisoft getting this sorted out as to why exactly Sony has done such an incredibly brutal job delivering the content to their users.

That's not to say that you guys weren't justified in being upset, but Sony obviously didn't care and my guess is that nothing would have changed had it not been for some form of push from Ubisoft.

As many of you know, we’re currently experiencing some delays of Rocksmith 2014 DLC on PlayStation platforms in European territories, Australia & New Zealand. We expect these issues to be resolved and the affected content to be made available by mid-December. We also expect Jimi Hendrix DLC will appear per the original schedule -- December 16 in the US and December 17 internationally -- but we believe the DLC content currently missing, as well as the content scheduled between now and then, will not appear until that same week.

Xbox and Steam platforms should be unaffected during this time. Thank you for your patience.
    Dan, that is great news and would make an almighty Christmas present if we get it all at the same time as Hendrix. It is unfortunate you guys have been on the receiving end of the frustration, but thanks for the patience and working towards the resolution.

Looking forward to that week (with all fingers crossed)

Originally Posted by theunclejimbo Go to original post
    And on a far more serious note...

I think some 'thank you' posts may be in order - certainly by mid-December if this all plays out as it's supposed to - because I'm guessing that this took some considerable effort to right the ship on the part of Ubisoft getting this sorted out as to why exactly Sony has done such an incredibly brutal job delivering the content to their users.

That's not to say that you guys weren't justified in being upset, but Sony obviously didn't care and my guess is that nothing would have changed had it not been for some form of push from Ubisoft.
    Unfortunately Sony has been like this for years. Even back in the Rock Band days, they delayed and didn't put up all content supposed to be released rather frequently of which Rush's 2112 had the biggest issues. The Rocksmith team sure has done an amazing job on dealing with these problems for what has been 2 years so far.

DjPelle's Avatar Member
    Will someone please explain to me why Sony UK/EU/AU gets special treatment by having their problems fixed while those of us LOYAL CUSTOMERS ON PC in Canada and US have never receieved such special attention, even though we pay the EXACT same for the game (often less in some cases?!)

Sorry I can't understand your problem with the EU situation. I can't believe that you have nearly the same problems like we here in Europe have now since over 2 years now. Just a short example, US PS4 Version, release 1 day earlier as the eu version, now has over 400 DLC we have since that date 75! And before that we had nearly every week delays or missing songs on ps3.

And one last thing, where did u pay exact the same as we? In the us store Rocksmith 2014 ps4 digital version $59,99 in eu Store same version €69,99, what makes $86,8055!!!! I think I don't need to write more.

I have amended the original post, as now I'm not so sure of the dates based on further conversations, but I did want to give a heads-up that EU DLC will likely not appear on its weekly scheduled cadence until these issues are resolved. Sorry for the confusion and the delay.

bit.ly/rshendrix has details on that offer.

I have amended the original post, as now I'm not so sure of the dates based on further conversations, but I did want to give a heads-up that EU DLC will likely not appear on its weekly scheduled cadence until these issues are resolved. Sorry for the confusion and the delay.
    Any news is good news on this issue. If we get the Hendrix content on the 17th that would shut me up over Christmas at least!

Edit: Dan does your comment that Europe won't get DLC on its weekly schedule apply to Hendrix?