Thread: D'ni Text in Revelation? | Forums

On behalf of all the avid translators out there, I would like to know if there will be much, if any, D'ni writing in Revelation. Also, will there be any other languages? Like Narayani from M3: Exile? Doe anyone know the answer to this?

Researcher/Adventurer for the Institute for Advanced Exploration of Myst Worlds
    NICE (Numbingly Interested and Curious Explorer)
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

On behalf of all the avid translators out there, I would like to know if there will be much, if any, D'ni writing in Revelation. Also, will there be any other languages? Like Narayani from M3: Exile? Doe anyone know the answer to this?

I specifically asked about D'ni in Revelation, and was told that yes, there will be, and it will be story-relevant (not just decorative).

Don't know about other languages -- devs?

Sri's Relto

Thanks Sri! I just wondered about the Ahrotahn languages because with all the effort being put into Revelation, and the realism of the multiple worlds, that there was bound to be some other languages.

It would be better if the folks at Cyan would just get together and come up with a Dni dictionary to sell. Then all us diehard fans can get it and read(and hopefuly speak)the wonderful langauge. It worked for the Klingon language i wanted to learn, and alot of other languages.

This is just one of other things that can make money for one of our favorite game companies.

Does that mean we'll be FORCED to learn it as we were forced to learn D'ni numerals for Riven/Uru?

Because I've had a look at those translation sites and it looks extrEEEEEmly complicated!

There are 10 kinds of people in the world: People who know binary and people who don't.

I think that it won't be as hard as it sounds for the game, because that would be incredibly hard and they don't plan to make anyone give up, I think. This'll be fun!

~~PHEN~~

Pre-rendering ROCKS!!!
    ~~PHEN~~

Pre-rendering ROCKS!!! (But I'll live...)