Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: [Mac] Myst III Installer - New ResidualVM Edition | Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Gannet7 View Post
    I've uploaded the new version now. If you download it again (from the first post) and run it, it should find and update your existing install.
    Let me know if it works!
    It works perfectly
    I have not enough words to thank you.
    You're great.
    Many many thanks again
    Maurizio

You're welcome

The game should be in fullscreen by default - not sure why it wasn't for you but you can find instructions for how to toggle this in the first post.

Feb 18 build now also supports Spanish v1.2.

[QUOTE=Gannet7;10237005]This is a Myst III: Exile installer for Intel Macs that is powered by ResidualVM.

Myst III Installer (4.2 MB) - For OS X 10.9 and later. ResidualVM 0.3.0git (Feb 18 2017).
    Myst III Installer (10.2 MB) - For older systems.

First, thank you so much for putting this together! I ran the installer with the DVD version from an .iso. When I ran the application, I see this: http://imgur.com/a/LSe4M
    I can move the mouse around and it jumps between the cut up boxes.

I tried re-running the installer, and it said that there was a missing configuration and it was going to create one. I said Ok and it said it was done so I clicked Play, but it looked the same. I tried re-running the installer again (a third time) and now it says:

An existing installation of Myst III Exile has been found and will be updated.

Current version: ResidualVM 0.3.0git (Feb 18 2017)
    Update version: ResidualVM 0.3.0git (Feb 18 2016)

So I try to update, and it says it completed and then I click Play, but it looks the same. Each time I try to re-run the installer it says the same thing now.

I have tried checking the "Open in Low Resolution" option, but it's the same.

Here are the specs on my Macbook Pro:

MacOS Sierra 10.12.4 (16E195)
    MacBook Pro (15-inch, 2016)
    2.6 GHz Intel Core i7
    16 GB 2133 MHz LPDDR3
    Radeon Pro 450 2048 MB
    Intel HD Graphics 530 1536 MB

Please let me know if there's any other information I can provide you.

Thank you!

Hi stonecirclepic

This looks like an issue related to your graphics card. I may not be able to help much unfortunately but here are some things you can try:
    1. Download the latest daily of ResidualVM. Replace the executable in "Myst III Exile.app/Contents/MacOS/ResidualVM" with the one from the download.
    2. Download gfxCardStatus and switch to Integrate Only before running Myst III. Note this app may or may not actually work with your model.
    3. File an issue with ResidualVM.

Let me know how you get on.

Quote Originally Posted by Gannet7 View Post
    Hi stonecirclepic

This looks like an issue related to your graphics card. I may not be able to help much unfortunately but here are some things you can try:
    1. Download the latest daily of ResidualVM. Replace the executable in "Myst III Exile.app/Contents/MacOS/ResidualVM" with the one from the download.
    2. Download gfxCardStatus and switch to Integrate Only before running Myst III. Note this app may or may not actually work with your model.
    3. File an issue with ResidualVM.

Let me know how you get on.
    Thank you!!!

I tried the first option, but could not get it to launch at all. I tried the second option and that worked! I was able to switch to integrated graphics only and it ran perfectly!

Thank you again!

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567