Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Disappointing | Forums

THE CREW | TRULY DRIVING SOCIAL [UK]

THE CREW | Social Trailer [UK]

THE CREW | THE WORLD'S GREATEST PLAYGROUND [UK]

THE CREW | Playground trailer [UK]

Disappointing

30 fps lock on PC... what the ****.
    You can unlock it to 60 in C:\Users\<user>\Documents\The Crew\PCScalability.xml, but no higher, setting 120 or 144 in there just changes back to 60, tried with read-only, no effect.

Steering has a delay, impossible to drive properly (x360 controller and keyboard).

Every time you run the game, your primary microphone gets forced to 30%... genius.

Which is more important ubisoft? Users or time, instead of making a game for ****ty consoles and then porting it to PC in a ****ty way, just make a proper PC version. You'll get lots more (happy) users, but it'll take you more time.

Fix your ****.
    Last edited by SeemsLegit.jpg; 08-25-2014 at 02:37 PM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

EDIT: We can officially say that we're aiming for 60FPS on PC at launch. Our Beta build is still more performant at 30FPS, but you can expect to play at 60FPS on PC when the game is launched.

The final game will run in 1080p with 30 frames per second on Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC, and will support up to 5760*1080p on PC for triple screen set-ups. Right now the team is focusing on providing an optimal experience for all players. You can unlock it in the file you've found, but it may affect the game's performances. Your call

-Ubival
    Last edited by Ubi-Valentin; 08-26-2014 at 04:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ubi-Valentin View Post
    You can unlock it in the file you've found, but it may affect the game's performances.
    Yeah, it gets better.

Angry

The final game will run in 1080p with 30 frames per second on Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC, and will support up to 5760*1080p on PC for triple screen set-ups. Right now the team is focusing on providing an optimal experience for all players. You can unlock it in the file you've found, but it may affect the game's performances. Your call

-Ubival
    Ubisoft still not learning from past mistakes is what I see. They wonder why their games don't sell as well on PC and this is why, by not fully supporting it.

I dunno about everyone else, but that just cost them a sale. 30fps on a racing game is unacceptable. What trash.

The final game will run in 1080p with 30 frames per second on Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC...
    This is a slap in the face of your PC customers. Honestly, how much are Microsoft paying Ubisoft to create this false parity between platforms? Why not just have the lock FPS option in the options menu? You had it in the first Beta, only it was garyed out, so obviuosly you planed for it.

Honestly, this together with the obvious entry of micro transactions in a freaking €60 game has me going around recommending everyone I know, even my grandma, not to preorder this game. Which is bad because I see potential in the game. But the Ubisoft f***tardery makes me want to stay as far away as possible.

Abandon game! Abandon game!

No full support 60 fps on pc? = bad sells. And after that you will tell everyone that piracy killed your game on PC... right.

-Ubival
    I'm running a video card that cost almost $600. A steering wheel and pedal set that was $250. A high quality H shifter that cost 150.

Honestly, if a consumer like me is willing to put that much money into it, it really isn't wise to artificially hinder my setup for a "optimal" experience.

I reckon you should go have a talk with the people that are actually working on the game, people that have played other racing sims, and tell them what you just told us. I am sorry, but you absolutely do not lock FPS for PC releases. This isn't assassin's creed.

This along with the "no plans to implement a rearview mirror" makes for TWO red flags now.

Honestly. Is Ubisoft really going out of its way to tick PC consumers off? Because I guarantee most of the people that pre ordered come from the PC group.

Gosh. I'm getting pretty concerned now. What the heck is going on?

Community Manager Ubisoft Natchai_Ubisoft's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SeemsLegit.jpg View Post
    30 fps lock on PC... what the ****.
    You can unlock it to 60 in C:\Users\<user>\Documents\The Crew\PCScalability.xml, but no higher, setting 120 or 144 in there just changes back to 60, tried with read-only, no effect.

Steering has a delay, impossible to drive properly (x360 controller and keyboard).

Every time you run the game, your primary microphone gets forced to 30%... genius.

Which is more important ubisoft? Users or time, instead of making a game for ****ty consoles and then porting it to PC in a ****ty way, just make a proper PC version. You'll get lots more (happy) users, but it'll take you more time.

Fix your ****.
    I'm not sure about the steering delay. Perhaps it's the car you're using (beginner cars?) or perhaps your pad drivers are at fault. Try reinstalling your pad drivers and see if that offers any solace
    As for your microphone, I'm sure there are some windows settings that allow you to make sure your mic doesn't get forced to 30%

As for the people complaining about the artificial 30fps lock, you can see that there are ways users are unlocking more fps. We don't officially support that...but ye...
    Reach me on twitter @natchai_
    In search of the latest DoC News? Check out Facebook & Twitter
    A bug? contact our customer support
    Specific question? Ask me!
    Create your own tournament!

-Always use a banana for scale.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast