Thread: Increase sniping distance please. | Forums

Sniping at real-world distances

Greetings, all.

I have trained in the scout/sniper discipline since 1996, also competing in "high power long range" from 600 to 1000 yards, earning my master classification on Septermber 1, 2001. I've done countless sniper/counter-sniper exercises in the Colorado Rocky Mountains since 1998 with US Army and USMC veterans and I have trained with snipers since that time, even up to last weekend (10/8/2017)

I've also played Ghost Recon since GRAW (1).

It is realistic to expect that we would be able to snipe out to 2.5 miles with the right equipment. I personally own a Bluegrass Armory Viper .50 BMG sniper rifle and I have shot targets out to one mile (we couldn't set up any further at the facility...) for two decades. This is my video of a compilation of some of those shots: https://youtu.be/hxabC4CKVpw

So, why is it that we can only shoot out to a couple of hundred yards? You've done EVERYTHING to make GRW realistic and in fact you have done A STUPENDOUS, AMAZING JOB, making what I consider the BEST MILSIM on the planet. I play with Army and Marine Corps veterans online, using GRW and I can speak for them on this subject, having discussed this issue on several occasions.

Can you fix this? Making shots beyond 1600 yards would require new interfaces to adjust for changes in barometric pressure, ammunition temperature, spindrift and Coriolis (for flight times over 4 seconds...), but I'm not asking for that. I know how to do that and am not asking that you take sniping to this level. But, I want to be able to hit out to 1600 yards...

Thank you for your time and attention.

P.S. Again, YOU HAVE DONE AN AMAZING JOB to make GRW what it is so far. It is truly amazing.

Butcherbird59's Avatar Senior Member
    This is not a Las Vegas trainer software.