Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Changes in scoring for some Multiplayer modes_ | Forums

Community Developer

Changes in scoring for some Multiplayer modes_

Hey all,

The team made some changes to some of the Multiplayer modes of Watch_Dogs and wants to let you know about them. The goal of these changes is to encourage players to finish the hacking session without disconnecting, without incurring a penalty.

From now on, the victim of a hacking invasion will never lose Notoriety, even if they fail to find the hacker.

In addition, players losing a ctOS Mobile Challenge will never lose Notoriety. As long as they have passed a few checkpoints, they will gain Notoriety, even if they lose the match.

Now, no one will have a reason to quit a match before it’s finished.

Feel free to send us questions and comments in this thread and I’ll try and answer them.

Thanks, and keep on hacking!

Nik
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Thanks, sounds good.

Follow me on Twitter @THISaint_BF

Will you ever be able to hack your friends?

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle_Airey View Post
    Will you ever be able to hack your friends?
    +1

Sounds more as good!
    I Will try this and post my feedback later on.

Hi

I have contains several of ideas.
    1.Leptop in order to be able to see four cameras at once (instead of one can be viewed from four tylky but those that you will be marked).
    2.Car with upgrades - 1)Laptop. 2)Ammo. 3)Weapon. 4)Camera with 360 degree. 5)Automatic pumping wheels. 6)Poulet proof casing by car(armor-piercing bullet bring down by car). 7)Choice - color, tone windows, symbol, signal. 8)Motor upgrade.
    3.Upgrade all weapons(eg: silencer, flashlight, laser, rate, capacity clips, functionality .....).
    4.laser motion sensor ( |-------/ | from 1-4 pcs ).
    5. Light, noise and smoke grenades.
    6. Passage of missions with friends from 1 to 4.
    Last edited by k0lya2147; 06-27-2014 at 03:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nik_CtOS View Post
    The team made some changes to some of the Multiplayer modes of Watch_Dogs and wants to let you know about them. The goal of these changes is to encourage players to finish the hacking session without disconnecting, without incurring a penalty.

From now on, the victim of a hacking invasion will never lose Notoriety, even if they fail to find the hacker.
    That for sure solves the quitters problem. And also being accidentally hacked while paused when player doesn't notice pause didn't stop the time in game when some one invaded him. Thanks.

How about no penalty for aborting the contract - in let's say about 30 seconds after invading - in online tailing (mainly) and hacking if the invaded player is camping for the invader and immediately forces the game to show the hacker area circle which equals to "being aware of the invader" so you lose notoriety if you decide to abort? I mentioned it in different thread just about today: http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php...onsense-Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Nik_CtOS View Post
    Feel free to send us questions and comments in this thread and I’ll try and answer them.
    Good idea.

Here are S multiplayer design issues that seriously need fixing, these issues ruin the multiplayer experience for both new and veteran players. Please share them with the team.

1) The spawn system in multiplayer (applies ANYWHERE in the city):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4jcLcb61DmI

2) Invaders spawning on bikes when the victim is on one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ke7BVr9k5QY
    Last edited by Kantham; 06-27-2014 at 02:47 PM.

The only thing that worries me about this approach is players getting invaded just ignoring the fact they are getting hacked now and just not trying to find the invader.

Was it just not possible to change it so that if a player loses connection, they automatically lose?
    Last edited by AquatikJustice; 06-27-2014 at 03:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AquatikJustice View Post
    The only thing that worries me about this approach is players getting invaded just ignoring the fact they are getting hacked now and just not trying to find the invader.

Was it just not possible to change it so that if a player loses connection, they automatically lose?
    But why should they do that? It's not the players fault if they lose connection.

It's more important to make a good game than one that stays true to the original formula.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast