Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Changes in scoring for some Multiplayer modes_ | Forums

Quote Originally Posted by MnemonicSyntax View Post
    But why should they do that? It's not the players fault if they lose connection.
    This is being addressed because it IS the fault of the players. A vast majority of players who lose connection during a multiplayer match due so because they ALT+F4'd or pulled the ethernet/power from their console. They do this at 98% to keep from losing points and it is beyond annoying for the invader who is getting screwed out of points. I understand that every once in a while, a player might just lose internet or power or Uplay might lose them due to it's own issues, but that's not happening the majority of the time. And I'm not suggesting those players get penalized extra, just what they would have if they had stayed in the game. So it's a forfeit.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Quote Originally Posted by AquatikJustice View Post
    This is being addressed because it IS the fault of the players. A vast majority of players who lose connection during a multiplayer match due so because they ALT+F4'd or pulled the ethernet/power from their console. They do this at 98% to keep from losing points and it is beyond annoying for the invader who is getting screwed out of points. I understand that every once in a while, a player might just lose internet or power or Uplay might lose them due to it's own issues, but that's not happening the majority of the time. And I'm not suggesting those players get penalized extra, just what they would have if they had stayed in the game. So it's a forfeit.
    But you said "lose connection." Forfeiting and quitting on your own accord is not the same as losing connection, hence my confusion.

Also, if people are doing it 98% and it's being reported at that rate, it sounds like it could be a fault of the online. I know upon it's launch that I would always get disconnected from friends in Free Roam, so it's quite possible the same is going on with the other modes.

Honestly, I feel this is the best way to handle the situation. I've quit three online invasions because for a while, I would have to set Online Invasions to OFF every single time I played, and there are times I would forget to turn it off. Everything else would save, except for the Online settings. But I personally don't care about online all that much myself, so resetting my stats isn't that big of a deal to me.

It's more important to make a good game than one that stays true to the original formula.

Quote Originally Posted by MnemonicSyntax View Post
    But you said "lose connection." Forfeiting and quitting on your own accord is not the same as losing connection, hence my confusion.

Also, if people are doing it 98% and it's being reported at that rate, it sounds like it could be a fault of the online. I know upon it's launch that I would always get disconnected from friends in Free Roam, so it's quite possible the same is going on with the other modes.

Honestly, I feel this is the best way to handle the situation. I've quit three online invasions because for a while, I would have to set Online Invasions to OFF every single time I played, and there are times I would forget to turn it off. Everything else would save, except for the Online settings. But I personally don't care about online all that much myself, so resetting my stats isn't that big of a deal to me.
    No, this is not players just getting kicked. This is them deliberately pulling the plug on their game. And it's not always happening exactly at 98%. That was a number I used to demonstrate that they have attempted to find you, failed and at the last second cause their connection to drop so they don't lose points. It's a very common problem that needed to be addressed and I appreciate the attempt to keep players from doing this, I do worry that the new approach will just cause players to ignore the fact that they are being invaded, which will ruin the mode. You can't play hide and seek by yourself.

No, this is not players just getting kicked. This is them deliberately pulling the plug on their game. And it's not always happening exactly at 98%. That was a number I used to demonstrate that they have attempted to find you, failed and at the last second cause their connection to drop so they don't lose points. It's a very common problem that needed to be addressed and I appreciate the attempt to keep players from doing this, I do worry that the new approach will just cause players to ignore the fact that they are being invaded, which will ruin the mode. You can't play hide and seek by yourself.
    That doesn't make sense though. If the player ignores the fact that he's losing, then he's not awarded anything, so what's the point of even having online on then? If he tries and there's a chance he could win without losing, it makes them not want to disconnect.

I think you'll find fewer people disconnecting now, (if that's the case) then just those that don't try at all.

It's more important to make a good game than one that stays true to the original formula.

The only thing that worries me about this approach is players getting invaded just ignoring the fact they are getting hacked now and just not trying to find the invader.
    They lose a chance to gain something.

What I'm worried about is the risk taken by hackers VS rewards. victims will still stand on rooftops or do other exploits in means to Play2win. With that in mind, joining a game and getting headshot 1 second in is totally not fun experience. The invader gets punished hard if the victim exploits.

Removing the pre-hacking game would solve so many problems, for instance.

In online free roam it's hard to find enemy players. I'd like to be able to see other players wether adversarial free roam is on or off.

Awesome,thanks.

So... People will not lose any notoriety, if they leave? Doesn't that just encourage them to leave the game, even still?

Amazed, very lousy solution.

Shows how passionate they are about watch dogs, after we paid for it

While I applaud the effort in an attempt to get people to play the game they way it was intended, I don't think it will necessarily encourage people to stay in-game during each hacking session. I definitely noticed an increase in the amount of people who would disconnect either as soon as the notification showed up or would use Jam Coms at 99% and then drop and the biggest offenders were usually the ones who had a Strong or Very Strong defense rating. Prior to this change, the invader and target both had a chance at either gaining or losing notoriety but now the risk is placed solely on the invader.

As more people learn about this change, I think there will be a marked drop in the amount of people who initiate the invasion. Why would I take the risk of invading someone when I can just run around in my game and wait to be invaded and either gain notoriety points or stay at the same level? It's a win - win situation no matter how you decide to play when you become the target. You can either find the invader and gain some points or you can flat out ignore them and not lose anything. I realize the effort is an attempt to engage players and get them to play the game rather than using cheap exploits, but all this change is going to do is give players another to not play the game.

As far as I'm concerned, there needs to be a notoriety loss from whichever side fails. The previous method of giving full points for a successful hack and half points (or a percentage) if you were profiled but managed to evade worked fine on the invader side. The problem, however, was with not taking points from the target if they didn't follow through with the attack by disconnecting. For every legitimate disconnect due to ISP issues, there were at least a dozen other people who simply ALT-F4 out of the game. There's already an option to disable the multiplayer portion of the game which you should use if you don't want to play that aspect of the game, but by leaving it enabled then you're assuming the risk that you may be invaded and you should be willing to deal with the consequences win or lose.

Maybe a point deduction on an increasing scale from the target for every invasion terminated by the target prior to completion (hack reaching 100%, finding & killing the invader, or invader evading if profiled) of the invasion would be enough incentive to actually play the game. For example, first incomplete gives you a warning, second removes 50 points, third removes 75, fourth removes 150, fifth removes 300, and so on. If you complete 5 invasions as the target (win or lose) then you drop one penalty level.

I understand that not everyone will agree with that suggestion, but I still feel that there needs to be some sort of penalty for not completing the invasion. Again, there is an option to disable that aspect of the game for a reason. Although, I also think that removing all notoriety and resetting the gained skills when you disable the multiplayer is a little heavy handed.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast