Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: farcry4 map editor info | Forums

farcry4 map editor info

http://www.gamingrev.com/?p=2215 I don't know it might be true.

That's good to hear.

Quote Originally Posted by silentill2367 View Post
    I don't know it might be true.
    Product Description

SEQUEL TO THE #1 RATED SHOOTER OF 2012*

Built from the legendary DNA of its award-winning predecessor, Far Cry® 4 delivers the most expansive and immersive Far Cry® experience ever in an entirely new and massive open world, with integrated drop-in/drop-out open world co-op play.

Hidden in the towering Himalayas lies Kyrat, a country steeped in tradition and violence. You are Ajay Ghale. Traveling to Kyrat to fulfill your mother’s dying wish, you find yourself caught up in a civil war to overthrow the oppressive regime of dictator Pagan Min. Explore and navigate this vast open world, where danger and unpredictability lurk around every corner. Here, every decision counts, and every second is a story. Welcome to Kyrat.

Key Features

• EXPLORE AN OPEN WORLD FILLED WITH POSSIBILITIES
    Discover the most diverse Far Cry world ever created. With terrain spanning from lush forests to the snowcapped Himalayas, the entire world is alive…and deadly.
     From leopards, rhinos, black eagles, and vicious honey badgers, Kyrat is home to abundant wildlife. As you embark on your hunt for resources, know that something may be hunting you…
     Scout enemy territory from above in the all-new gyrocopter and then plummet back to earth in your wing suit. Climb aboard the back of a six-ton elephant and unleash its raw power on your enemies.
     Choose the right weapon for the job, no matter how insane or unpredictable that job might be. With a diverse arsenal, you’ll be prepared for anything.

• CO-OP: BRING A FRIEND

Not every journey should be taken alone. Far Cry 4 allows for a second player to drop in and drop out at any point, re-imagining the cooperative experience in the true spirit of Far Cry for the next generation. You’ll now
    be able to discover and explore the living open world of Kyrat together.

• THE ARENA: WHAT WILL YOU BECOME?
    Prove your combat prowess and fight for survival and fame in the arena. Earn the respect of roaring crowds and test your will to survive, battling man and beast alike, until only one contestant remains standing.

• MULTIPLAYER
    Get a taste of Kyrat’s embattled history in a brand-new adversarial multiplayer mode. Play as a heavily armed soldier of the Golden Path rebellion, or as a member of the ancient Kalinag warrior tribe equipped with the lethal power of nature.

• MAP EDITOR: DEATH-TRAP DESIGNER
    Create and share your own maps using the most powerful and intuitive map editor ever offered in the Far Cry franchise. Your creations will get the attention they deserve thanks to its enhanced tools, improved interface, and the ability to publish and share your maps with the community.

That is a very interesting find silentill2367 - Thanks for posting the link, it has me thinking a lot & I imagine the wording could be interpreted in many different ways so until we get conformation of those things in the game we can only guess and give our own opinion on how we think certain things will work.

THE ARENA: WHAT WILL YOU BECOME?

Imagine been in among that melee above but at the same time having to deal with other online players trying to take you down - then think of multi level arenas with pits and traps

"battling man and beast" This could be as above A.I. in a map - "until only one contestant remains standing" this sounds like it is multiplayer (kind of solo deathmatch) but with A.I. and the last player alive is the winner.

Now if we can make our own maps then this would be sensational for Far Cry - I have some crazy ideas already that are way out of the box than just a normal arena - I would also expect next gen and PC platforms to host an insane number of A.I. over PS3 and Xbox 360

• MULTIPLAYER
    Get a taste of Kyrat’s embattled history in a brand-new adversarial multiplayer mode. Play as a heavily armed soldier of the Golden Path rebellion, or as a member of the ancient Kalinag warrior tribe equipped with the lethal power of nature.

I hope there are more than just one MP Mode, some CTF would go down very well, but this sounds interesting also, A heavily Armed Soldier v Warrior Tribe equipped with the lethal power of nature, does this mean the tribe use their surroundings, maybe traps and other things in possibly an attack / defend type match ?

• MAP EDITOR: DEATH-TRAP DESIGNER
    Create and share your own maps using the most powerful and intuitive map editor ever offered in the Far Cry franchise.

Well I expect the FC3 Editor with new pieces and some extras, sharing maps is good but I really hope this time that an author can if wanted lock their map to prevent others from editing and stealing their work.

Does this mean we can make standard multiplayer maps but at the same time DEATH TRAP DESIGNER could be something completely different and could lean more towards Escape Styled Maps or Challenge maps that maybe have a start and end point and hopefully can be played by one player up to possibly double figures.
    Anyone who can remember the Spy V Spy Games from a long time ago would understand what type of fun you could have if this is what I am hoping.

Basiaclly you set traps and have to out-smart your opponent while finding clues to eventually get out of the complex, it was a lot of fun back then but looks dreadful now (old commodore 64 graphics) I hope this info is true because so much could be done with these types of tool.

Could someone even use this to create a race style map - the possibilities could be endless.
    One odd thing is the only mention of COOP so far is just Guns For Hire which so far appears to be just one other player or will COOP have it's own missions as in FC3 - I was hoping they would expand on that as it was fun with the right players.

That's me interpreting what I think their descriptions could be - I hope I am thinking along the same lines.

I like the sound of that arena, Sometimes when i pop a game in all i wanna do is shoot stuff for a bit, this sounds like just that! Map editor should be cool, but I'll need to add some of you guys on my friends list because i've seriously never had a group of friends i could use my or other creations with!

Quote Originally Posted by hor-tys View Post
    I'll need to add some of you guys on my friends list because i've seriously never had a group of friends i could use my or other creations with!
    I plan on picking a PS4 up sometime in the next few months, might wait to see what deals come out and if there is a price cut before the big holiday season towards the end of the year.

The only other platform I have is PS3 as I gave my 360 to my Niece.
    I think there will be a lot of people on different systems as some will be happy with the older consoles and those that have jumped to PS4 & XB1 will be on different systems, a lot of the old FCIP players won't get online together that much because of all the different platforms available for FC4, unless they have cross platform sharing and play between PS3 / XB360 & XB1 / PS4 but I doubt that.

What platform you on hor-tys ?

Although you're not asking me, FALLEN CHAMP, but I have an Xbox 360, Xbox One, PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, and a Wii U. Although Far Cry 4 does not come out on the Wii U, I just want to mention that I have it.

Quote Originally Posted by KrAzY1337 View Post
    Although you're not asking me, FALLEN CHAMP, but I have an Xbox 360, Xbox One, PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, and a Wii U..
    Man did you win the lottery or something, that's a lot of machinery and no doubt a lot of coin spent on the games too - I never knew you were into gaming that much, I just thought you were on 360 and possibly still had your old original Xbox.

I usually pass my consoles on to my Nieces when I upgrade to a newer one.
    KrAzY my PSN name is Sizzling_Sar although I have rarely played online games in just over 12 months, I mostly play single player stuff these days and I have not had a headset in over a year.

I only made one FC3 map on PS3 called Aggressors - I will need a load of online friends for when FC4 comes out because if the multiplayer rocks I plan on been active online for several years with that game for sure.

(my PSN I.D. was never supposed to be sizzling_star it is a joke between me my nieces and my wife, they called me sar for some bizzarre reason - before that I had Anorexic_Buddha as a name)

The Far Cry 4 Map Editor is confirmed.

MAP EDITOR: Featuring an improved, easy-to-navigate interface and a ton of versatile tools, the Far Cry 4 map editor lets you create your ideal map and publish it to the community. The power is in your hands to design a unique paradise, a bit of outsider art, or an unforgiving death trap.

http://far-cry.ubi.com/en-GB/news/index.aspx

Under Blog Entry 2 - Features the info will be available to view.

Quote Originally Posted by FALLEN CHAMP View Post
    Man did you win the lottery or something, that's a lot of machinery and no doubt a lot of coin spent on the games too - I never knew you were into gaming that much, I just thought you were on 360 and possibly still had your old original Xbox.

I usually pass my consoles on to my Nieces when I upgrade to a newer one.
    KrAzY my PSN name is Sizzling_Sar although I have rarely played online games in just over 12 months, I mostly play single player stuff these days and I have not had a headset in over a year.

I only made one FC3 map on PS3 called Aggressors - I will need a load of online friends for when FC4 comes out because if the multiplayer rocks I plan on been active online for several years with that game for sure.

(my PSN I.D. was never supposed to be sizzling_star it is a joke between me my nieces and my wife, they called me sar for some bizzarre reason - before that I had Anorexic_Buddha as a name)
    I still have the original Xbox, it's just that no controllers work anymore and Microsoft decided to shut down Xbox Live back in April 2010. Of course I have a PC that can run Far Cry 3 fine, but didn't bother playing it since I already finished it on the Xbox 360.

My PSN is xKrayon. I'm assuming you know my gamertag?

Quote Originally Posted by FALLEN CHAMP View Post
    The Far Cry 4 Map Editor is confirmed.

MAP EDITOR: Featuring an improved, easy-to-navigate interface and a ton of versatile tools, the Far Cry 4 map editor lets you create your ideal map and publish it to the community. The power is in your hands to design a unique paradise, a bit of outsider art, or an unforgiving death trap.
    That's great news!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast