Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: farcry4 map editor info | Forums

That vid above has already been posted in the forums - it confirms a traditional multiplayer mode (I would guess Team Chaos) so whatever modes we get in MP I would also guess that we will get to use the editor to make maps for those modes.

Far Cry 2 had that Uprising mode which confused a lot of players because only the captain could capture points and we could not select who played the captain when in the Lobby - unfortunately it died very fast as a mode.

Far cry 3 had Fire Storm which was an odd mode, the fire did eventually shut off specific areas of the Ubisoft maps but the players rarely got to see these areas because once the Dish was under attack all players spawned in that area - this usually resulted in a draw more times than not or a team would not have a clue what was happening - again could have been an amazing mode but confusion set in.

It will be interesting to see what modes they give us with the next game - I am looking forward to finding out more about these new additions to the editor.

Quote Originally Posted by FALLEN CHAMP View Post

Is this section of the editor just a single player mission creator type thing or does it allow for more than one player ?
    Mappers have been asking for this for AGES. Think Little Big Planet, but more awesome. Making an impenetrable fortress that you and your buddies can sneak into at night, and fulfill some kind of mission would be AMAZING. I also like that they are looking for easy ways to expose the best maps. BUT, it wont make a darn bit of difference if the SHARING aspect wounds that experience. The multiplayer matchmaking needs to go away, and make way for lobbies where people can share their creations for maximum exposure.

In Far Cry 2, I used to just create dedicated servers with 15 various maps, some of which were my own creations, and just walk away from my 360 while the server stayed full all day long. So not only was I able to get my OWN maps out there, but I was sharing other peoples own creations as well. And it was a wonderful experience!

I spent a full week making one map for Far Cry 3. It got 24 downloads!!!!!

My maps in Far Cry 2 got THOUSANDS.

Quote Originally Posted by AW LOST SOLDIER View Post
    All the info at the moment points to a single player/mission/death trap editor, and no sign of a multiplayer map editor. ubi seems to be releasing quite a bit of info on a single player style map editor, and this has me concerned. maybe ubi looked at all those forum complaints about fc3 not having AI in maps and no vehicles, and this pushed them away from the multiplayer map editor side of things, and more towards creating single player missions with vehicles and AI. i hope this is not the case.
    I dont see any reason for them to not include it for Multiplayer as well. I just think that they'll finally include a co-op aspect with it. Think about it. The FC4 campaign now includes co-op, which is a first (If you don't count FC3's separate co-op campaign)
    Last edited by legacyzero; 06-14-2014 at 02:44 PM.

lots of new info...but its still all very vague and can be explained in different ways...first wanna see to believe
    guess FC3's MP & EDITOR did a lot of damage among the community

The editor can be an ultimate tool that expands the life time and fun of the MP side of the game...
    but without being able to share and play your maps with the public at large, its a lost cause

So really hope there is a custom lobby like in FC2 or something simular (think its a must have in the game)
    also the save option of a map after playing a custom MP game is very useful

and please dont dumb down the editor...and give us all the items in the game...not half like in FC3...the more items the better the maps

And with consoles having upwards of 8GB of memory now, think of the possibilities!

Apple's App store? I certainly hope that we do not pay to download user made maps.

Far Cry 3 Elite Member DapperHayden007's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by legacyzero View Post
    Mappers have been asking for this for AGES. Think Little Big Planet, but more awesome. Making an impenetrable fortress that you and your buddies can sneak into at night, and fulfill some kind of mission would be AMAZING. I also like that they are looking for easy ways to expose the best maps. BUT, it wont make a darn bit of difference if the SHARING aspect wounds that experience. The multiplayer matchmaking needs to go away, and make way for lobbies where people can share their creations for maximum exposure.

In Far Cry 2, I used to just create dedicated servers with 15 various maps, some of which were my own creations, and just walk away from my 360 while the server stayed full all day long. So not only was I able to get my OWN maps out there, but I was sharing other peoples own creations as well. And it was a wonderful experience!

I spent a full week making one map for Far Cry 3. It got 24 downloads!!!!!

My maps in Far Cry 2 got THOUSANDS.

I dont see any reason for them to not include it for Multiplayer as well. I just think that they'll finally include a co-op aspect with it. Think about it. The FC4 campaign now includes co-op, which is a first (If you don't count FC3's separate co-op campaign)

Far Cry 2 Had the best map sharing/playing system in the franchise IMO, I loved looking at how many downloads my map has, I know CHAMP says there should be no stats on maps, but I disagree, map statistics are what break up a search for maps, it makes it much easier to find what you are looking for, another good idea is being able to tag your map (just a bunch of words related to the map that can be searched for to find the map)

Far Cry 3 map system went off plays instead of downloads and IMHO I hated it! I like to know EXACTLY how many people have downloaded my maps, it just makes it much better for me.

------- MAP EDITOR: Featuring an improved, easy-to-navigate interface and a ton of versatile tools, the Far Cry 4 map editor lets you create your ideal map and publish it to the community. The power is in your hands to design a unique paradise, a bit of outsider art, or an unforgiving death trap. ------- - This is on the official Ubisoft website, seems they know different types of maps we make now, which could mean they understand our needs for Race maps, Escape maps and even singleplayer maps now

Dapper it is good to know how many downloads and plays a map has (that should always show in stats) but the Rating Part of a map is where there always seems to be hassle, it is the nature of the beast that friends will lean towards maps their buddies make - this will always bring to the table a section who would rate a map lower and rate their friends higher which in turn can (and has in the past) caused conflicts and rivalry between mappers, the knock on effect is that it spills into the forums and causes a mess everywhere.

A good map should be acknowledged by all no matter who makes it, how often they play online, if they do or don't chat in matches or make them more for others than to play themselves - a good map is simply that a good map.
    The problem is that a small indoor map won't really be enjoyed by snipers so that type of player could rate a map badly when in fact it could be a little killer of a map for run and gunners or those that like close up non stop action - ratings are often not what they should be and then some mappers don't like criticism of their maps unless it is all good praise - my opinion is that ratings is always trouble full stop.

Back on Instincts / Evolution and Predator (was it the same also on FC PC) there was no way to get a map unless someone hosted the map online where you download it from them - so anyone wanting to get their map out there had to put the time in to host, if the map was good then often you would see many people hosting the same map in various game modes - now we have a better way where we can find a map by name or author (I liked the FC2 system better for that but with FC3 they did add in a "find other maps by this author" which is an excellent option to have.

Unfortunately there have been maps that have received huge ratings which leads to huge numbers of downloads and plays yet the map itself can be very hard on the eyes and the playability - The D Day map on 360 - FC2 was an example of that.

To be honest the best way to do all this stuff is to do like they did back in the days of Planet Far Cry (an extinct site for many years now) when they had a Map Council - Games Master TA / Brimtown and others were involved and they pointed out any popular maps, you really have to be unbiased and no matter how much you all agree that a map is top dollar there will be others who criticize you all very harshly which can in turn result in a backlash in the forums (or a witch hunt)

You are only as good as your last map "remember those words" and you can't go wrong.
    Can anyone actually say that the FC2 & FC3 rating system worked and that all maps that got top ratings were correct ?

It needs looking at which I am sure they will have done but sadly the bitter truth is that there is no fool proof system which is why I always say that Ratings cause hassle - Times played and downloaded is a good indication but times played does not say how many times people have left a map early or how many times the author has hosted it.

What might help is if you can only ever rate a map once but imagine if you rate it badly because it didn't play how you wanted it to but after 3 or 4 plays you find it to be a fine balanced map then you can't rate the map again - see there are so many issues with ratings.

Champ champ champ

Quote Originally Posted by FALLEN CHAMP View Post
    Man did you win the lottery or something, that's a lot of machinery and no doubt a lot of coin spent on the games too - I never knew you were into gaming that much, I just thought you were on 360 and possibly still had your old original Xbox.

I usually pass my consoles on to my Nieces when I upgrade to a newer one.
    KrAzY my PSN name is Sizzling_Sar although I have rarely played online games in just over 12 months, I mostly play single player stuff these days and I have not had a headset in over a year.

I only made one FC3 map on PS3 called Aggressors - I will need a load of online friends for when FC4 comes out because if the multiplayer rocks I plan on been active online for several years with that game for sure.

(my PSN I.D. was never supposed to be sizzling_star it is a joke between me my nieces and my wife, they called me sar for some bizzarre reason - before that I had Anorexic_Buddha as a name)
    Whats up brother,long time no hear,i got to play far cry 4 at e3 event was invited by phil spencer thru a raffle i won,proof is on my xbox upload studio bro,haha couldnt believe it,but i did get some interesting words from ubisoft there and found out the things the multiplayer really want.They say the most requested item players wanted was to have open world co op,haha what a joke.....the most requested was CUSTOM LOBBIES MAP EDITOR,maybe one day they shall see the light and see why far cry original still lasts to this day because of that,we shall see nov 18th.Graphics look amazing guys and flying vehichles finally just hope they throw them in the map editor as well.

Oh by the way i won Trials Fusion map editing contest they r flying me to london,how far are you from london bro?cant wait to meet trials developers

Quote Originally Posted by MOTHERBUMPER1 View Post
    They say the most requested item players wanted was to have open world co op,haha what a joke.....the most requested was CUSTOM LOBBIES MAP EDITOR
    Far Cry 2 & 3 Single Player games were huge - I can believe that all those that loved the SP game in FC3 would love the chance to play COOP in an open world, us map makers are a very small bunch and where multiplayer is concerned the majority move from game to game following a trend - after several months a lot leave to the next big thing.

The Far Cry games have always had the die hards who stick around, right now FC4 will be on PC / XB1 / PS4 / PS3 & XB360 - it will be hard to bump into the old players as we will be spread over so many different platforms.

I think now is the time to move on and hopefully FC4 MP will be what we have waited for, they know of the concerns and issues with the last game where MP is concerned and also the editor and hosting options so they do what they do and we get whatever comes our way - with some of the things they have included like shooting while driving, flying vehicles, coop it appears that they are improving on what they had before so surely the same will apply with the MP side, FC PC / Instincts / FC2 / FC3 all have their own stories and this will be FC4 - I just want to move on and go with the flow.

Predator is gone and I just have to accept what FC4 brings - I am actually looking forward to the MP side and the changes they bring to the game.
    What platform you on MOTHERBUMPER1 - I am opting for PS4 with FC4 I think.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast