Thread: Far Cry 4 - 7 Minute Premier Gameplay Walkthrough! - E3 2014 | Forums

Allare123's Avatar Member
    @*HorTyS

Il wasn't popular because it was not realistic. Do soldiers in Irak have to change their weapon everyday. ....no...not even once a month. Soldiers keep their weapon months. ..years. ..And it almost never Jam. ...

Weapons degradation is NOT a Good idea at all.....

HorTyS's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by Allare123 Go to original post
    @*HorTyS

Il wasn't popular because it was not realistic. Do soldiers in Irak have to change their weapon everyday. ....no...not even once a month. Soldiers keep their weapon months. ..years. ..And it almost never Jam. ...

Weapons degradation is NOT a Good idea at all.....
    I will guarantee you weapons in Iraq are being cleaned more than once a month. Also, as I said in my post, I would want the degradation to take significantly longer to happen than in FC2. I realize you don't like it but as you can see I am not the only one who thinks it was an interesting mechanic. It added a new element of tension to every fight, and it adds another layer of depth to
    the game.

If the realism of the weapon jamming (something that does actually happen albeit at a slower rate) bothers you, how are you seemingly ok with jumping from a tuk-tuk to a cargo truck, killing it's 2 occupants, driving off a cliff, wingsuiting down a valley, hopping on an elephant with an LMG and storming a fortress.... little hypocritical wouldn't you say? I'm not trying to change your mind about it, and we don't even know if the jamming mechanic is returning, but we're all entitled to our own opinions, and myself and others wouldn't mind this system coming back, we think it IS a good idea.

mistados's Avatar Senior Member
    Place your bets on an AK wielding Yeti..

Allare123's Avatar Member
    Originally Posted by HorTyS Go to original post
    I'm not trying to change your mind about it, and we don't even know if the jamming mechanic is returning, but we're all entitled to our own opinions, and myself and others wouldn't mind this system coming back, we think it IS a good idea.
    There is only one good decision about this and it's to add it as an " OPTION ". This really is the best way to make sure all fans are happy.

As an option We could switching it on/off....and That could be apply for everything. .....mimimap. ..HUD ..etc

A simple way to garanty that all will love FC4. ...

Ix Johnnien xI's Avatar Senior Member

StrayDog_RR's Avatar Senior Member
    Bah the green bar displaying ammo count seems pointless for me, but maybe you are right.
    I also noticed that at 5:22 you can kick everywhere.

mistados's Avatar Senior Member
    I highly doubt it is ammo count

HorTyS's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by xRaDRoacHx Go to original post
    Bah the green bar displaying ammo count seems pointless for me, but maybe you are right.
    I also noticed that at 5:22 you can kick everywhere.
    Yeah, in the commented video of the e3 walkthrough, they say that if you melee when looking down, you kick, so it's possible to do anywhere, anytime...