Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FC4 suggestions, please avoid the negatives from FC3/FC2. | Forums

Far Cry Classic Launch Trailer [UK]

Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon - The year is 2007, it is the future

Far Cry 3 - Deluxe Bundle Trailer [UK]

Far Cry 3 Outpost App [UK]

FC4 suggestions, please avoid the negatives from FC3/FC2.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE skip the 20 minute miini-movie intro. Please avoid adding other mini-movies throughout the game. It's nice that your programmers can come up with a 20 minute cartoon. Read the feedback from FC2 and FC3. Very few players want to see them the first time, even fewer want to be forced to watch them again on a 2nd or 3rd playthrough since theyre unskippable. . Also, what's with the random instructions when players are attacked by a wild animal? If I were attacked by an animal, I would use my right hand to stab, etc, since that's my strong side. It doesnt change by where I am, or what kind of animal it is, why should I have to use one of 4 or 5 different keys in-game to stab an animal?.. Waiting 5 seconds while being mauled for the screen to flash (in a random location) a random instruction really does nothing for me other than make me want to look for a different game when I die and lose progress because I cant save.. I remember that old game in the arcade (dragonslayer?) where players would have a cut scene popup, have an instruction flash on how to deal with the situation, then get slain a second later. The technology at the time was new enough so that people (for a short while) forked over lots of quarters to play, but that game died quickly once the novelty wore off. . Dont get me wrong. I used to love the FC franchise. Each time Ive seen the games get worse while graphics get better, my feelings have changed. Removing any kind of flexibility in save/load (after FC2) was a big negative. Making me waste about an hour of my life by having poorly-plotted unskippable cutscenes that require immediate action afterwards without and autosave (so if I step away out of frustration, I come back and have to watch it again), poorly rendered maps (I was playing FC3 last week, just installed and updated, and while crouching I fell through the bottom of the map and became stuck), all of these have left me a bit less eager to see FC4. Scoping other forums where the discussion has come up, many users are going to wait before dropping the full price for a brand new game that may be, but probably won't be worth the price. I'd really like to play FC4, but I think I'm going to check for some honest online reviews from unpaid neutral parties. If the reviews mention the obligatory waste of time cutscenes that arent necessary, or some of the other already well-documented issues about which players have complained, I think I'll just go back and replay FC and FC2, and save my money.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Manual flashlight use it when I want to.

Quote Originally Posted by menotyou69 View Post
    PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE skip the 20 minute miini-movie intro. Please avoid adding other mini-movies throughout the game. It's nice that your programmers can come up with a 20 minute cartoon. Read the feedback from FC2 and FC3. Very few players want to see them the first time, even fewer want to be forced to watch them again on a 2nd or 3rd playthrough since theyre unskippable. . Also, what's with the random instructions when players are attacked by a wild animal? If I were attacked by an animal, I would use my right hand to stab, etc, since that's my strong side. It doesnt change by where I am, or what kind of animal it is, why should I have to use one of 4 or 5 different keys in-game to stab an animal?.. Waiting 5 seconds while being mauled for the screen to flash (in a random location) a random instruction really does nothing for me other than make me want to look for a different game when I die and lose progress because I cant save.. I remember that old game in the arcade (dragonslayer?) where players would have a cut scene popup, have an instruction flash on how to deal with the situation, then get slain a second later. The technology at the time was new enough so that people (for a short while) forked over lots of quarters to play, but that game died quickly once the novelty wore off. . Dont get me wrong. I used to love the FC franchise. Each time Ive seen the games get worse while graphics get better, my feelings have changed. Removing any kind of flexibility in save/load (after FC2) was a big negative. Making me waste about an hour of my life by having poorly-plotted unskippable cutscenes that require immediate action afterwards without and autosave (so if I step away out of frustration, I come back and have to watch it again), poorly rendered maps (I was playing FC3 last week, just installed and updated, and while crouching I fell through the bottom of the map and became stuck), all of these have left me a bit less eager to see FC4. Scoping other forums where the discussion has come up, many users are going to wait before dropping the full price for a brand new game that may be, but probably won't be worth the price. I'd really like to play FC4, but I think I'm going to check for some honest online reviews from unpaid neutral parties. If the reviews mention the obligatory waste of time cutscenes that arent necessary, or some of the other already well-documented issues about which players have complained, I think I'll just go back and replay FC and FC2, and save my money.

Eh I liked the FC3 Intro man, infact it was 1 of the best when it comes to games, the music also striked at the perfect time. I think it was great!!! But that doesn't mean I want to see a nasty 1 in FC4!!!
    ~~~Street~~~

Would be sad if they removed the videos/intros, I really liked the videos throughout Far Cry 3. How would we get to know Vaas without?

Bow

Do not remove the Bow and Arrow from Far Cry 3. It's the best weapon and the Crossbow will not be as rewarding.
    Last edited by jagcivtec; 06-27-2014 at 06:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Thermalzombie View Post
    Manual flashlight use it when I want to.
    agree

Some good suggestions here - keep them coming.

Quote Originally Posted by jagcivtec View Post
    Do not remove the Bow and Arrow from Far Cry 3. It's the best weapon and the Crossbow will not be as rewarding.
    Fully agree with you on that one, I felt like Ranbo while taking out pirates one after one with the bow. If they won't add it there will be something missing for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Rex_gtr View Post
    Fully agree with you on that one, I felt like Ranbo while taking out pirates one after one with the bow. If they won't add it there will be something missing for sure.
    They should really keep the bow and arrow, add the crossbow if they want but it cannot replace the classic bow and arrow which was so great in FC3. The crossbow is just like another pistol with a suppressor, it does not replicate the feel of the Bow. Who decided to remove it? You are fired!

Compound Bow

Please! Ubi Please! Include a compound bow and like Thermalzombie mentioned a manual flashlight! Please!
    Last edited by Lushy; 07-04-2014 at 02:20 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast