View Poll Results: What did you think about my idea?

Voters
8. You may not vote on this poll
  • Horrible

5 62.50%
  • Nice

1 12.50%
  • Good

0 0%
  • Cool

2 25.00%
  • Genius

0 0%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Far Cry 5 genius story idea | Forums

Valley of the Yetis Gameplay trailer ? Far Cry 4 [UK]

Escape from Durgesh Prison Walkthrough | Far Cry 4 [UK]

Map Editor | Far Cry 4 [UK]

Far Cry 4 | Kyrat Tuk Tuk Stories [EUROPE]

Lightbulb Far Cry 5 genius story idea

Hi, I think I have a great idea for Far Cry 5's story:
    General story & first mission description:
    You play as (Ubi, I trust you to chose a cool name), a soldier (either IDF/ US Army/ any European army) who was sent with his unit on a mission in an Arabic city somewhere in the Middle East. The city isn't modern at all- it's buildings are mostly something like 7 floors or houses. The city is ruled by a crazy terrorist called (chose a cool name for him too). The character and his whole unit get spotted be terrorists and are put into the city's well guarded prison. The character finds out they are all going to be hanged/brutally executed. In the night before the execution, the character escapes by himself/ a dramatic scene which in his best friend in the unit gets caught and tells the character to keep going on his own (sad music in the background makes you understand his friend isn't going to survive and he will be executed). The character (his tears all over the screen) puts himself together and keeps going until finally he succeeds in escaping. He looks back at the prison and says he's sorry.
    The first mission will include:
    A video showing the unit receiveing the mission's description, flying to the Middle East and landing. Then a brief tutorial of the game's basics which takes place right after you land, and lets you play as the character as he follows his unit and gets caught. After this short basics tutorial there's a photo montage showing the unit sitting in their cages in prison and follows them in their first few days/weeks in jail (by photos with numbers referring to the days/weeks after they get caught). When the montage ends, you immediately get back to the character's perspective. He hears the guards talking about the execution tomorrow and the character decides to escape. Then there's a stealth & exploration tutorial in which you break out of prison and learn how to crouch, takedown, parkour (i'll explane), distract, lure, etc. that's it for the first mission.
    The game's continuation:
    The game will follow the character as he survives, joins the rebels, becoming a well known revolutionist.
    The game's gameplay:
    I chose to set this game in a city in the Middle East for a reason. I think you guys could make Far Cry much better with such a setting because if you'd try to ask for some help from the guys over at Techland, I think they will might be happy to help you develop a parkour system like the one they made in Dying Light. Do you UNDERSTAND what potential would a game like this have?! Look what excitement is going on about Dying Light! *Anyway, I know Far Cry isn't the kind of games which takes place in urban locations, so I thought it can't be in only one small city- the game should also feature nature exploration mixing tropical & deserted locations such as rainforests, deserts, seas, wetlands, drylands, wastelands (wow, so many lands...), etc. I think the setting should be an Arabic land in South Africa so the game would include as much of these locations without inventing an impossible mix of sandy places and rainforests, because it would be exactly like saying there's a desert in the North Pole, right? I think there should also be included a very strong element of temples, tombs and archeological excavations, because deserts are often found in the media world with temples in them (example:Indiana Jones)
    Thank you for reeding this whole text p, I know it was very long. I would really appreciate if you guys over at Ubisoft Studios would take this idea into consideration.
    Please comment below (I'm also talking to you- Far Cry developers! Let me know what you think &#128077

*Sorry if what I wrote is also impossible because I've never been to any country in the whole Africa continent
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

WOW! that is a pretty detailed story line. Sounds pretty interesting.

I think it would be cool if In a later version you could play as any character from all the different FarCry games. whether it be Jack Carver, The Jackal, any of the buddies from FarCry2, Jason brody, Hurk, Vaas, Hoyt, Citra, Pagan Min, Ajay Ghale, etc........ in MP matches. It could be a first come first choice method of choosing your character from the list for MP, similar to choosing your Co-op character in FC3. Of course with that it wouldn't be complete without a death match mode (everyone for themselves).

And for SP, the story flows depending on the character you play.
    Last edited by Ghost_Fart; 10-18-2014 at 01:46 AM.

Banned
    Story:
    You are a drug dealer who is trying to get out of the system.

The story starts with you in a drug run, flying to an island off Florida. The deal is busted and a buddy called "Big Cahones" manages to get you onto a flight to Colombia. However you know you can never return to the the USA.

To survive you have to run tasks for him and work you way up the ladder in his organisation however there is a rival organisation so you also have to take down members from their via assasinations etc etc balh blah.

Theres a buddy you meet during this, he is stuck on you and you run the tasks together because hes a good guy and respects you.

Eventually he gets put in prison and you break him out.

Then he turns to you and says "Like I knew you would"

And you find out hes actually working for the rival organisation.

You have to decide whether to switch sides.

Then the game continues through missions to save either organisation and ends in you finally meeting a CIA agent and helping him bring down both sides and getting back your priviledges to be a USA citizen.

And they all lived happily ever after.

I recently watched Arlington Road with Jeff Bridges. Its one of the first films that actually stunned me with an ending that wasn't expected. I would love to see this in a Far Cry game - shock the world with an ending where it either leads onto the next game (like a cliffhanger) or is just totally unexpected but fill you with awe.

Since everyone is adding a story here goes,

My story:

You are Alex, an undercover CIA agent in the gang infested slums of Rio de Janeiro, Code Named as "Carlos". You are slowly building trust and street cred with the higher level gang members. This will eventually help you figure out their supply network that you will relay to the DEA agents working with you. All of your involvement and abilities has caught the attention of a more senior member, who requests to meet with your higher level members to inquire about some more lucrative options for you. Your gang leaders meet with the senior member, and after a while, you are invited in on the meeting. What is requested is more than you expected, but also much more dangerous than you were prepared for. Not wanting to potentially blow your cover, or miss the "golden" opportunity, you accept the offer. The senior member requested that you accompany him, with a small group of other members, chosen by your higher up members, to the deep jungle of the Amazon where there is the largest drug growing and processing operation you ever heard of. How?, Why has there been no intel on such a place? There is no time to inform your contacts, the truck is leaving NOW! GULP! You get on board with the small group of others and the driver speeds off. You fly through the narrow streets, soon onto an expressway, and out of town you go, ending up at a grassy airfield. There is a helicopter already to go. Everyone gets on board and it lifts off. You can feel your heart beating so fast, This seems so surreal! Where am I going? How can I inform my contacts? Will I be able to maintain cover? Will I survive?

Nightfall comes, and the flight is still going deeper and deeper into the jungle. No daylight now means it is impossible to tell what direction you are going. You can only assume North West. but maybe not? GULP! Eventually a faint blinking red light is visible in the distance. As the helicopter approaches, it lands, and everyone gets out. The senior member is greeted by other heavily armed cartel members. Words are exchanged in a language you are not familiar with, then they laugh and briefly glance at you and your group of lower members. None of you know what is really going on, but there is no going back now. The senior member comes back to your group and explains that the rest of the journey will be on boat. There is a couple guys already on the boat ready to take you to the destination. Everyone but the senior member gets on the boat. As you depart the dock he says "Good luck, work hard, make me money, f--k with me and you are DEAD MEN"! GULP!

Eventually you get to the plantation. OMG! the place is huge, but it is manned by forced labour. All around is people who look as if hope will never exist. Even the children slaves look like old people. Then a gun in your face and words "You think I didn't know who you are Alex"? It is the senior member. He takes you and your group into a nearby hut. He explains that he know you are a CIA agent, and that the other members that were chosen were because they had the most contact with you in the street gangs, and could no longer be trusted. The gun is pointed away from you and towards another in your group. The senior member demands "Tell me what you know, tell me who knows, and your friend may live"! BANG! He didn't even give you a chance! He points it to the next one. Three of them rush the senior member, BANG BANG BANG you duck and run outside. Did they all die? The other cartel members notice you escaped and open fire on you. Towards the jungle you run faster than you ever ran. The deafening sound of gunfire and bullets hitting trees around you force you to run beyond anything you thought you could. Deeper, deeper, deeper you go.

Eventually you end up encountering native Amazon tribes who hesitantly help you, but are they cannibals? The different tribes are at war with each other. They all speak a language not known outside the Amazon. Can you trust them? They are the only ones around who know how to navigate the land. The only way back to Rio and to home is to get back to the compound first. Are the members you came with all dead? What about the people who are enslaved at the compound? Do you even care about the mission anymore or is it just time to survive?

You don't even know where you are!
    Last edited by Ghost_Fart; 10-19-2014 at 03:18 AM.

Far Cry 3 Elite Member DapperHayden007's Avatar
    I've got a story idea...

YOU, are Jason Brody, your girlfriend's missing, your boats been destroyed, you're trapped on a mysterious island and everyone on it is Crazy. Oh wait... Nevermind.

"Even Creativity requires a reference / source"
    Follow me on Twitter - @FarCryUniverse
    www.farcryuniverse.net
    www.youtube.com/user/farcryuniverse

This plot seems to look great for FC5... Too realistic and too great, as its an eye opener...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4JrqfJ67GUM
    ~~~Street~~~

Middle East is not going to work with the idea of Far Cry. The idea of currently being a soldier or CIA agent gives the player a military background that is currently active on duty. With current events that exist in real life, it's going against the Far Cry universe. Also, that will turn Far Cry into a military shooter, which it is not. There's a lot of politics behind the war on the middle east, and also it's been done before. Games such as Medal of Honor, Call of Duty, and so on already take place in the middle east. We cannot go to Vietnam (If it's anything like the Vietnam war), Germany, France, the middle east, Russia, etc. because it's been done before. If your character is currently active on duty as part of the military, there's a lot of politics going on. That will lead Far Cry as another military shooter if that happens.

Also, know that all Far Cry stories take place in fictional locations based on real life. In the original Far Cry, you are an ex-special forces operative who believed he entered a tropical paradise in Micronesia as vacation. However, he found out that the tropical paradise is hell, and tries to survive. Jack Carver is considered as a veteran, he is not actually fighting for his country in the islands. He is, however, aided by an undercover CIA agent Valerie Constantine who was at first revealed as a reporter. Jack is also aided by Doyle. Scientists in this islands had mercenaries turned into trigens, where they cause havoc and destruction. Also, both Jack and Val had been infected with the trigen mutagen. Colonel Crowe and Dr. Krieger are the main villains, but they were killed by Jack. It is then revealed to Jack that he was betrayed by Doyle. Eventually Jack kills Doyle and receives the antidote, where he and Val are then cured.

Far Cry Instincts has the same characters as the original Far Cry on PC, however the plot, gameplay, events, and etc. are completely different. Jack Carver has a different background, who is a former service member of the U.S. Navy, who was dishonorable discharged. The location is located in an archipelago known as Jacutan. As Jack tries to survive in this version of tropical paradise turned into hell, he was eventually captured and experimented on, thus gaining feral powers. As the story progresses, he adapts with more feral abilities for survival, eventually faces mutants and special ops after facing mercenaries that lead him to an active volcano where he stops Colonel Crowe (who injected himself to gain feral powers that far more powerful than Jack Carver) and Dr. Krieger. He then left the place the assistance from Valerie Cortez and Doyle extracting him.

Far Cry Instincts Evolution continues the story of Far Cry Instincts. Jack is hired by Kade, then he fights the natives, pirates, rebels, and so on. The natives, however, also have the feral abilities like Jack. Doyle returns in this story as he helps both Kade and Jack, but eventually passes away after surviving a series of events from the refinery. Jack eventually kills the native chieftain Semeru. In both Instincts and Evolution, Doyle did not betray Jack Carver.

In Far Cry 2, you are a player chosen mercenary found in an unnamed African country in a middle of a civil war, where each side is supplied by an arms dealer known as the Jackal. You are hired to stop the Jackal

In Far Cry 3, you are an American tourist with friends on vacation while finding themselves in the Rook Islands that are inhabited by natives, pirates, and a private military known as the privateers filled with hired mercenaries. Your goal is to help the rebels, save your friends, go insane, get a bunch of tattoos, and kill Vaas and Hoyt.

In Far Cry 4, you already know.

Far Cry is always known for having unique, exotic environments. Environments such as tropical islands, jungles, deserts, caves, swamps, the himalayas, whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by KrAzY1337 View Post
    Middle East is not going to work with the idea of Far Cry. The idea of currently being a soldier or CIA agent gives the player a military background that is currently active on duty. With current events that exist in real life, it's going against the Far Cry universe. Also, that will turn Far Cry into a military shooter, which it is not. There's a lot of politics behind the war on the middle east, and also it's been done before. Games such as Medal of Honor, Call of Duty, and so on already take place in the middle east. We cannot go to Vietnam (If it's anything like the Vietnam war), Germany, France, the middle east, Russia, etc. because it's been done before. If your character is currently active on duty as part of the military, there's a lot of politics going on. That will lead Far Cry as another military shooter if that happens.

Also, know that all Far Cry stories take place in fictional locations based on real life. In the original Far Cry, you are an ex-special forces operative who believed he entered a tropical paradise in Micronesia as vacation. However, he found out that the tropical paradise is hell, and tries to survive. Jack Carver is considered as a veteran, he is not actually fighting for his country in the islands. He is, however, aided by an undercover CIA agent Valerie Constantine who was at first revealed as a reporter. Jack is also aided by Doyle. Scientists in this islands had mercenaries turned into trigens, where they cause havoc and destruction. Also, both Jack and Val had been infected with the trigen mutagen. Colonel Crowe and Dr. Krieger are the main villains, but they were killed by Jack. It is then revealed to Jack that he was betrayed by Doyle. Eventually Jack kills Doyle and receives the antidote, where he and Val are then cured.

Far Cry Instincts has the same characters as the original Far Cry on PC, however the plot, gameplay, events, and etc. are completely different. Jack Carver has a different background, who is a former service member of the U.S. Navy, who was dishonorable discharged. The location is located in an archipelago known as Jacutan. As Jack tries to survive in this version of tropical paradise turned into hell, he was eventually captured and experimented on, thus gaining feral powers. As the story progresses, he adapts with more feral abilities for survival, eventually faces mutants and special ops after facing mercenaries that lead him to an active volcano where he stops Colonel Crowe (who injected himself to gain feral powers that far more powerful than Jack Carver) and Dr. Krieger. He then left the place the assistance from Valerie Cortez and Doyle extracting him.

Far Cry Instincts Evolution continues the story of Far Cry Instincts. Jack is hired by Kade, then he fights the natives, pirates, rebels, and so on. The natives, however, also have the feral abilities like Jack. Doyle returns in this story as he helps both Kade and Jack, but eventually passes away after surviving a series of events from the refinery. Jack eventually kills the native chieftain Semeru. In both Instincts and Evolution, Doyle did not betray Jack Carver.

In Far Cry 2, you are a player chosen mercenary found in an unnamed African country in a middle of a civil war, where each side is supplied by an arms dealer known as the Jackal. You are hired to stop the Jackal

In Far Cry 3, you are an American tourist with friends on vacation while finding themselves in the Rook Islands that are inhabited by natives, pirates, and a private military known as the privateers filled with hired mercenaries. Your goal is to help the rebels, save your friends, go insane, get a bunch of tattoos, and kill Vaas and Hoyt.

In Far Cry 4, you already know.

Far Cry is always known for having unique, exotic environments. Environments such as tropical islands, jungles, deserts, caves, swamps, the himalayas, whatever.
    +1
    ~~~Street~~~

Sigh! No one wants a self-planned strategy game based on realistic immersion for some reason. Far Cry 2 was the best experience. Guess I have to keep playing it instead of Ubi making it evolve into a better immersive experience. Run and gun for bling is all they want..... Sigh! Version 3.75 next year, renamed "5"
    All in a days work.

Lightbulb Far Cry 5 - Survival in the arctic setting (scandinavia/caledonia/greenland)

Far Cry always struck me as an open world game set in the 3rd world or somewhere remote where civilization hardly exist, not necessarily a jungle. The enemy is mother ****ing nature itself, instead of the human foes.

Going back in time: 1976, during the height of the Cold War. The whole game is heavily themed after the 70s with all the stereotypes and what not.

Location and setting: Arctic/pine forest/tundra/craggy coastlines of the atlantic/deep dark bottomless loch and fjord. Can based off Greenland, Scandinavia and Caledonia Scotland. Featuring the aurora at night time, the flora and fauna of that region, climate changing (exploring at nightfall is more perilous due to freezing temperature causing hypothermia), context specific game challenge (instead of FC2 malaria: trench foot. Trek too long in the snow or icy waters, then the player will get it and had to find cure and shelter for it) (snowstorm, snow blindness, etc. etc) wildlife (arctic wolf, grizzly and polar bear, werewolves, Loch Ness monster – na just kidding, eh why not?)

Background and extras: Similar to FC3 & 4 Letter of the Lost, there is a layer of background history and extra for the player to explore. In this setting, the player finds ancient Viking burial ship and barrows, treasure caves, relics of old WW2 (Battle of Britain wrecks of both the RAF bombers and the Luffwaffe fighter planes/ship wrecks of the US merchant fleet/rusty U-Boat wrecks of the Kriegsmarine with stranded Nazis trapped in their crafts who have no idea that the war is over/barely functional Soviet tanks abandoned in the forest/etc. etc), stonehenges, scary Pagan society of headhunters, mysterious Druids, and ancient moldy churches.

Story and plot: The player is a geographer (give him scottish accents~) working on board an oil rig far off from civilization in the arctic north. Upon intercepting a strange encrypted message in morse code, the player and a few of his colleagues set off in their boat to investigate. They ran into a blizzard and stranded on a remote uncharted island with most of the crew member dead or dying. The player sets off on his own to summon rescue and to find out about the mysterious signal. Over the course of the game, he ran into Cold War Soviet vanguards who was invading the island in a military exercise; fight off dangerous wildlife; discovered the secrets of the Pagan Druids; raided Viking tombs; encountered Nessie; and ultimately he faced the true enemy in the game – the Illuminati (lol), a secret society embarking on some ungodly practice and the player is trying to escape the island to the nearest civilization.

-----------

if that sounded too generic, consider this:

Far Cry game sets in the Cold War era in an unnamed island banana republic based off Cuba, Peru, Panama and Haiti.

The player is an espionage agent (you can choose to either represent the pro-capitalist or the pro-communist state) sent into the politically unstable country to usurp the government. At first working alone, the player started to make allies and broker deal within the local crime lords, smugglers, pirate chiefs and corrupt army officers. Building his own cell of freedome fighters; raiding opposition safe houses; extorting locals; assasinations; intel gathering at first then as the game slowly progress and the majority of the map under the player's control he can plan the big moves including facilitating an covert invasion by the player's home army; inciting a nation-wide armed revolt; forcing the world superpowers into a missile crisis; activating embedded sleeper cells or even lead a revolution and forged out his own republic. Or the game breaker. you can switch sides and become a defector, changing the whole dynamic and progression of the story campaign. Every decision made will effect the outcome of that country at the end of the game.

Along local small towns, slums and giant capital port city; the player can also explore the wilderness and the outskirts, facing dangerous wildlife, highway bandits and lawless rebels.

This should be a bit different from the generic FPS/survival Far Cry we have of late.

----------

Ubisoft please take note and brain storm this to death, will ya?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast