Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Demo!!!!! | Forums

Should you not know at this time, then they have put up a demo of Chessmaster 10th Edition for download, on the official site.
    I am downloading it now and therefore can't comment on it (yet) but isn't this the first time ever there's been a demo for a chessmaster product?
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Should you not know at this time, then they have put up a demo of Chessmaster 10th Edition for download, on the official site.
    I am downloading it now and therefore can't comment on it (yet) but isn't this the first time ever there's been a demo for a chessmaster product?

It is indeed the first time ever!
    Enjoy the show!

Just wanted to post this from my first, very fast played game (one gotta spend those 8 hours correctly). I think it is very funny and a smart new feature.

When you have completed a game Chessmaster will make a post game analyse for you, just very quick. It is worth reading the first couple of lines. My taste of humor tells me they are very funny

Ok, so you won a game against the much weaker Mona thanks to your opponent's blunders.
    Game type: Blunder
    Current position score before blunder: 2376
    Opening used: Sicilian Defense / Nc6 Variation / Rossolimo Variation
    Worst move: 30, Bxe7+, Decrease: 99.94
    Mate opportunities: 1
    Suggested opponent: Chessmaster (rating 2837)

Hi u all, don't know if u tried the online module yet, but for me and the couple of folks that were there, there was no way to get a game starts ...

I will try it soon. Just looked very fast earlier today since I don't have so much time right now.
    Also, my pc atm isn't the biggest fish in the water that's for sure. So until I get an upgrade, should be in a few weeks, I'll be holding a little back with the online play. The lag from the singleplayer part is more than enough already

Here is a quote from the readme file:

9. For the Online game mode to function properly, the ports that need to be opened are:
    TCP: 668, 40000 - 42999
    UDP: 41006, 44000, 45000, 45001
    for the ubi.com matchmaking services and
    UDP: 17110
    for the game communication. The game was designed to facilitate connectivity even if the computer is connected through a NAT to the internet (but keep in mind that not all router/NAT combinations work). If you can't connect to the matchmaking services or to a game server, please contact your network administrator and provide him this information.

I think this will solve the problem.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Calculex:
    I will try it soon. Just looked very fast earlier today since I don't have so much time right now.
    Also, my pc atm isn't the biggest fish in the water that's for sure. So until I get an upgrade, should be in a few weeks, I'll be holding a little back with the online play. The lag from the singleplayer part is more than enough already <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

What lag in the single player part are you talking about ?

Well the normal kind of lag. The mouse moves very slow, actually jumps a little bit around. An then the screen which very much freezes. PLaying a game the time controls doesn't go down like 25,24,23,22,21,20... It is more like first I see the time with 25min left and then it stays there, nithing happens. Then after 2mins or so it shows 23mins left and it's my turn.
    So I do get the data I just miss all the stuff in between. Same when I went online saw how many were online and the challenges and games and such. But nothing happens. I can work in the menus I just don't get updated before long time after. Like 4mins after the screen updates and I can see only half the people are online now and there are no challenges anymore and I have a thousand messages but haven't seen them.

I suppose this is the normal kinda lag. Though I must also say that my pc is just a little above the minimum reqs.

OK, what settings do you use, dx or openGL ?
    I would suggest running the game in openGL mode with 2D boards only if your machine is not quite powerfull...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast