Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: realmyst won't start. | Forums

well it trys to start but i just get a blacksreen and it goes back to desktop. system specs:

athlonxp 3000+
    radeon 9800xt
    kt400 with 1gb of pc3200
    realtek ac97 audio
    windows xp

windows and all drivers updated to the latest and the patch is instaled as well. i also tried the windows compatablity modes with no luck either. any know how i can get this game to work?
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

well it trys to start but i just get a blacksreen and it goes back to desktop. system specs:

athlonxp 3000+
    radeon 9800xt
    kt400 with 1gb of pc3200
    realtek ac97 audio
    windows xp

windows and all drivers updated to the latest and the patch is instaled as well. i also tried the windows compatablity modes with no luck either. any know how i can get this game to work?

I had the same problem:

windows xp does not come with indeo codecs, which are needed by this game. I'm still trying several different indeo codecs (some from onlie, others from games and I am about to try one from my comp that still is using windows 98

B'tsahv tsavahn, b'khen shoo f'mehros.

Vrekt val drashi kres vrekt kran vren vrekt.

hum i have an indeo codec that can play the avi files just fine with windows media player, so i'm guessing my problem lies elsewhere. any other ideas, anyone?

There might be a version of Direct-X on the disk with RealMyst. The version on your computer might not like RealMyst, so you might try uninstalling that version and install the version on the RealMyst disk.

Remember the important things.....as you turn on your computer.
    Remember the important things.....as you turn on your computer.

best i can tell you cannot uninstal directx from windows xp. even if you could i doubt i could instal the dx7 from the realmyst disk as xp comes with dx8.1 by default. also even if i could do that it would break nearly every other game i play. so that doesn't sound like a good solution. anyone else have any ideas?

Can't really help, but can only supply some hope - I ran realmyst on XP without a problem, so there MUST be a solution to yours.

__________________________________________________ _________
    Stop laughing, this is serious.

Stop laughing, this is serious
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Actual join date: December 27, 2001. *mutter mutter Stupid forum glitch*

reeferkills, the indeo codec is very tricky, my dad just got the correct version from someone overseas and now realMYST runs fine (it truely is beautiful)

try downloading the patch and running the setup for the patch.

B'tsahv tsavahn, b'khen shoo f'mehros.

Vrekt val drashi kres vrekt kran vren vrekt.

like i said in my orignal post, the patch is instaled. as for the indeo codec, i seem to have one that works just fine as i can play all the indeo movies in the realmyst dirctory out of game just fine. however i still just get a black sreen and am then sent back to desktop after trying to start the game.

what videocard is your dad useing CK9?

[This message was edited by reeferkills on Mon January 26 2004 at 12:48 AM.]

Hi
    I don't know if you got your problem with the starting game sorted out, as I had the exact same problem too....but after looking further into it I have finally got mine to start.
    It might not work for you but what I did was -
    right click on the realmyst shortcut on the desktop and there is a tab with compatibility on it. Click on that and check the box that says 'disable visual themes'. It has worked for me since I did this.
    I hope it helps you too :O)
    Nikki

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast