Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Successful repair of Logitech Extreme 3D PRO | Forums

After month and half of using Logitech Extreme 3D Pro ; x&y axis started to be not stabile, or impossible to make full circle, z axis also. (Pitch,roll,yaw).

Putting some oil or making some pressure on potentiometers help just for a moment.

Before buying another joystick I decided to give Logitech last chance, I opened potentiometers, and now it works at 95% quality like when it woos new..

I don't advise this to people without cool nerves, but with basic mechanic knowledge is possible to do it....

So-what have to be done....??

1. Unplug, open stick, than base.

2. Cut 4 top's of potentiometers pins, (I used scalpel-this is hardest part) ;to be able to open potentiometer, it is on ''inside side of them'', round cap.

3. Open potentiometer's box (I removed all oil,now is dry and it works, I don't know which oil should I put? Fine mechanic oil?)

4. Rise metal part. (This solve the problem!!!-better contact. Last picture shows how much I raised them...)

5. Put joystick together if you can, plug in and tell me did it helped...

I open all three potentiometers, they all work fine now. (With power axis I have no problem, so I didn't touch it.)

I hope this will help somebody, I hope also not to make somebody angry for posting pictures of this product open, but if it woos working fine-I will never open it...

It really depressed me, because it woos so nice first month, but problems came quickly, on this forum I have found lot of people with same problem...this is for them...

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

After month and half of using Logitech Extreme 3D Pro ; x&y axis started to be not stabile, or impossible to make full circle, z axis also. (Pitch,roll,yaw).

Putting some oil or making some pressure on potentiometers help just for a moment.

Before buying another joystick I decided to give Logitech last chance, I opened potentiometers, and now it works at 95% quality like when it woos new..

I don't advise this to people without cool nerves, but with basic mechanic knowledge is possible to do it....

So-what have to be done....??

1. Unplug, open stick, than base.

2. Cut 4 top's of potentiometers pins, (I used scalpel-this is hardest part) ;to be able to open potentiometer, it is on ''inside side of them'', round cap.

3. Open potentiometer's box (I removed all oil,now is dry and it works, I don't know which oil should I put? Fine mechanic oil?)

4. Rise metal part. (This solve the problem!!!-better contact. Last picture shows how much I raised them...)

5. Put joystick together if you can, plug in and tell me did it helped...

I open all three potentiometers, they all work fine now. (With power axis I have no problem, so I didn't touch it.)

I hope this will help somebody, I hope also not to make somebody angry for posting pictures of this product open, but if it woos working fine-I will never open it...

It really depressed me, because it woos so nice first month, but problems came quickly, on this forum I have found lot of people with same problem...this is for them...

dude. you didnt need to do that. there is a software fix for the rolling problem. you just need to google it. it may be on logitech site too.

the real answer is not to buy a logitech at all as they all malfunction

www.fighterjocks.net home of Now 13 time Champions! AFJ
    AFJ-"We are the Harlem Globetrotters Of IL-2"

The info is appreciated. I had a Logitech stick, and will never buy another one, but for all those stuck with one . . . well, good on you, Mate, for trying to help, and posting pics.

Oh, yeah . . . AHEM!!!!

Tsisqua

Great work adriatic!
    I had the same problem with the twist axis of my wingman force 3D and i solved it by buying a x45 ! Well I tried to do something like that, but without success (I even tried the contact cleaner thing that I found on a forum -can't remember where-). After that I decided to change the pot (I had already changed the trigger of my first joystick, a logitech wingman extreme, so I wasn't really afraid) but I didn't find a suitable replacement.
    Final solution after some months without a rudder : the previously mentioned x45!
    Just out of curiosity: how did you reassemble the pots? glue? You did remove the heads of the pins, didn't you?
    Anyway thanks for sharing!
    Bye
    Lupo Argentato

P.S. i've just seen the post by Tsisqua... ROTFL!

I wouldn't get very enthusiastic if I were you. I've done that many times, together with more drastic measures on my stick (non logitech). It worked just for a while and then response would go crazy again. I've achieved best results with replacing pots with new ones, but it lasted only a week before they were gone also. During that week, however, stick was surgically precise.

The reason for this (sort of jumpiness of response in windows joystick settings) is "wear" of potentiometer. It is hard to find good graphite potentiometer. Cermet pots are much more durable, but are expensive.

I intend to save some money, buy new stick (doesn't matter which one), make it life long precise and extract rudder to real pedals.

See my skins at

See my skins at

Hey I have a similar problem with my LogiTech 3D extreame Pro. The problem that I have with it is that when I twist the handle to the right to control the rudder it will not fully go to the right,the stick does but in the game the rudder will only move about a quater of the way. After I unplug it and plug the usb connector back it the stick works fine for about 10-20 minutes, after that it's the same thing again.

Yes Lupo, I remove the heads of the pins with scalpel..

And also problem with half way rudder sometimes, (for Opti) , and also sometimes working 20 min after unplugging and after problem again...

Until today all works fine..

And for tsisqua, book is great, lot of things for which we think it is new were new before 100 years also....

[img]http//:tinypic.com/a2irp[/img]

(Abot book....)

There is a special 'circuit spray' available at any electronics shop. I don't know if it lubricates, I use it primarily for cleaning purposes
    1 Judge not, that ye be not judged.
    2 For with what judgment ye judge,
    ye shall be judged: and with what
    measure ye mete, it shall be measured
    to you again.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast