Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: CD/DVD emulation software detected??? | Forums

I installed the game, but I can't play. I get this error:

Cannot Locate the CD-ROM
    CD/DVD emulation software has been detected. Please disable all CD/DVD emulation software and re-start the game.

Does anyone else have this problem?
    What is CD emulation software and how can I resolve this problem?
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Cannot Locate the CD-ROM
    CD/DVD emulation software has been detected. Please disable all CD/DVD emulation software and re-start the game.

What is CD emulation software and how can I resolve this problem?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by er2183:

Cannot Locate the CD-ROM

What is CD emulation software and how can I resolve this problem?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

CD emulation software allows you to copy the contents of CDs to your hard drive in such a way that they can be used in a virtual cd player. This allows you to run many games directly from your hard drive without having to put the physical CDs into your actual cd player. I would imagine that Ubisoft is concerned that people might use this to pirate CM 10. Are you running anything like Virtual CD or Alcohol 120%?

Hi er2183

If you are trying to instal the software in a notebook or a computer with CD/DVD burner you may have problems. I just read a daunting review in the Amazon web site (posted below), and some of the guys there don't seem very happy with CM10.

"This game still has the same problems being installed from a CD/RW or a DVD/RW drive. That means that if you want to use it on a Laptop, YOU PROBABLY WON'T BE ABLE TO! This is totally unacceptable. What if you don't HAVE a straight DVD or CD drive? Who does anymore? Some computers ONLY come with CD/RW drives"

this is a seriuos problem because I intend to install mine in a notebook with DVD/CD-RW...!?!?

cheers

I don't have anything like that. For games that I want to run directly from my hard drive, I usually get a patch for it. I have iTunes, some messenger programs, Visual Studios.NET. That's about it.

That's interesting. Maybe I could change my burner drivers to a generic cd-rom driver, run it, then put my drivers back? I'm gonna try that now.

Nope, that didn't work. This is the first Chessmaster game I bought so I don't know if this problem happened with the previous versions as well.

Banned
    Contact UBI and ***** about it. Maybe they'll see where they screwed up and comp you a new release when they fix it.

Zero

"His strength is unreal. He is far stronger in reality than any story you might have heard about him."

did any of you guys install CM10 in a laptop? had any troubles?

hello,
    the problem is not the hardware,just unistall any cd/dvd copy program and the game will work fine.this is a new protection that is been for a while.
    ATT:AUC

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast