Thread: [18+ only] New details on altered scenes for EMEA console versions of South Park: SoT | Forums

[18+ only] New details on altered scenes for EMEA console versions of South Park: SoT

Dear fellow South Park fans - As you might know we’ve made the decision to remove very short portions of the game in the European console version of South Park: The Stick of Truth. But, rest assured, you won’t be missing out as in-game texts will provide a very precise & accurate description of the replaced scenes.

Here is an example of such a description – enjoy

[Warning the following content is seriously PEGI 18 - Do not click on the “Show” Button if you’re less than 18 years old]

Spoiler: 

We look forward to joining you on the quest for the Stick of Truth on March 6th! (March 7th in the UK)
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

But why?...

I'm just wanting to know why it is censored though? I haven't found anything saying why, is it because of the rating board saying it can't be in it or something?...
    also, because of the censoring do we at least get something extra or something like free add on content or anything, just wondering, not angry, just slightly disappointing...
    Still going to be an awesome game, already pre-ordered mine!
    A War Is Coming Which We Cannot Prevent..... Only Delay. - Me
    Benché il mio cuore sia turbato, la mia mente è lucida Requiescat in pace. - Ezio Auditore da Firenze (ACII)
    WWEEEEEEEWW - Toby 'Tobuscus' Turner
    Xbox GT: Daemn Of Death
    PSN: Fan1wwe

Not good enough, UbiSoft. I was really intrigued by this game, but I cannot abide censorship. I'm not going to buy this game if you are going to chop parts out because you think you know what is and is not okay for me to see.
    "Never seen!
    Never heard!
    Assassin's way of life!"
    -3 Inches of Blood - "Silent Killer"

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Shade View Post
    Dear fellow South Park fans - As you might know we’ve made the decision to remove very short portions of the game in the European console version of South Park: The Stick of Truth. But, rest assured, you won’t be missing out as in-game texts will provide a very precise & accurate description of the replaced scenes.
    Not being funny, but no just no. Its the principle of the fact that the game has been cut for no reason and as such why I have cancelled my Grand Wizards edition and refuse to buy the game, treat us like crap you shall receive the same in return. On a side note you're not the only company I've recently boycotted, I've stopped buying Square Enix's games until they stop treating Europe differently too.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Shade View Post

Spoiler: 

well that's pretty lame

Quote Originally Posted by lawraWeltreich View Post
    well that's pretty lame
    Wow that's pathetic. Thanks for posting this. I have just cancelled my pre-order and I am no going to buy this until it is uncensord. I abhore censorship, and South Park is often about that very topic. Ubi made a mistake here, and they've lost yet another customer.

@Ubisoft can you explain WHY you would make such a decision please? This is insulting to grown adults looking to enjoy a game based on a show we've watched for 17 years, we can handle scatological humour.

Looking forward to Dark Souls 2 myself, that will run on day 1 too without 'server error' again. Difficult series of games, probably better concentrating on it rather than reading the plot of this game that they censored out on us.