Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Edward Kenway's death. | Forums

Assassin's Creed Unity Revolution Gameplay Trailer [US]

Assassin's Creed Unity Official E3 2014 Co-op Commented Demo [US]

Assassin's Creed Unity: Introduction to Arno [US]

Assassin's Creed Unity E3 2014 World Premiere Cinematic Trailer [US]

Edward Kenway's death.

So how does a trained experienced Assassin get done in? The ones who killed him weren't anything special.

I was taking on groups of guys throughout the game and a few guys shouldn't have been a problem for him. Heck, he only managed to kill one of them.

I would get it if maybe he was too old but Edward died relatively young.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Animus is not an actual history, it's a simulation. If we kill a group of 50 people at the same time doesn't mean Edward has ever actually done so.

Also, we don't know ANYTHING about the people who killed Edward. Haytham's point of view is not enough. For all we know they could be the best Templar fighters in London. Then there's also a matter of a surprise attack and everything like that. People make mistakes, and in a fight a mistake is deadly.

What Farlander said.

1.) Edward was 42, not 22. Age impacts you quite a bit later in life.
    2.) Haytham distracted Edward as he entered the games room and the sounds of the fight Haytham had where he killed the man to save his mother possibly distracted Edward, too..
    3.) Much like Haytham (and Connor), Edward had an injury in his side that likely plagued him later in life.
    4.) Edward spent a good 10 years drinking rum, probably bedding prostitutes with diseases galore, etc. None of those bode well for one's health.
    5.) Life expectancy of the 1700s was 30-42 years depending on your social station although the odd person did live well past 60. Edward was born poor so he was lucky to live as long as he did. What social class you are born in effects you far more than what class you end up in later in life. Edward's life was hitting its end as it was. Even if he did survive that night, he would've been dead in a year or two from something else.
    6.) Men often end up dying due to stupid mistakes and accidents far more often than women do.
    7.) Edward, as far as we know, was "domesticated" and hadn't fought in some years. He was possibly rusty with swordplay. He taught Haytham but that doesn't mean much. Not like he could've gone all out in a sword fight with a nine-year-old.
    8.) It was late at night. The only light would've been candles from the street lamps outside the house and the moon. This again plays into Edward's age. His eyes would not be as good as they were when he was 22.
    9.) Again, it was night. Edward could've been a little groggy from just waking up.
    10.) Edward could've been cocky because nothing had killed him up to that point. How would 2 lackies kill him?
    11.) It was December. Edward just got out of bed so was lucky to have a coat on with his underclothes. He could've been cold and cold negatively impacts your joints, especially as you get older. Houses back then didn't have furnaces that auto kick on to maintain a set temperature.
    12.) It was two against one. Edward had one sword. One could attack and the other could skewer Edward from the other side before he could react. As far as we know about Haytham, he only ever used one sword so Edward never taught Haytham to dual wield. And we know Edward took to using a cane sword later in life. You don't carry two canes and we have no indication Edward carried another sword with him around London. Police don't even carry guns in London today. I doubt Edward carried a second sword on him.
    13.) Edward made a simple mistake. To err is human. Edward was human and not infallible despite everything else in his life.

There are plenty of reasons as to how Edward died. The above 13 are just what I had off the top of my head. Just because you have experience doesn't mean that will necessarily save you. Steve Irwin spent most of his life working with animals only to accidentally be killed by a sting ray. His years of experience didn't save him or help him avoid what happened. Edward's death is perfectly feasible once you account for all of the details. Sure, it was a crappy way to go out, but if you haven't noticed, the Kenways got the short end of the stick when it came to peaceful deaths. I wouldn't be surprised if Connor goes down violently, too.

All these reasons above! should be enough if you really think about it!

also we can't forget isn't like these people are superhuman. Yes they may have extraordinary abilities. but still human at the end of the day. So anything could have happened. These men were probably skilled beyond means.

"Freedom Is Peace".... "No, It's An Invitation to Chaos"

I don't see why people feel that assassins are gods among men and can't be beaten

Edward died, he got shanked and that's it. deal with it. moving on...this is like the 1000th thread about this -_-

Quote Originally Posted by Farlander1991 View Post
    Animus is not an actual history, it's a simulation. If we kill a group of 50 people at the same time doesn't mean Edward has ever actually done so.

Also, we don't know ANYTHING about the people who killed Edward. Haytham's point of view is not enough. For all we know they could be the best Templar fighters in London. Then there's also a matter of a surprise attack and everything like that. People make mistakes, and in a fight a mistake is deadly.

Well in the intro it does say he wiped whole decks off by himself.

Quote Originally Posted by UmakemyHeadSwim View Post
    Well in the intro it does say he wiped whole decks off by himself.
    If I'm right I think one of the hacked Abstergo computer says all that was just propaganda and actually meant for Blackbeard.

And yes, as others have said, we don't know anything about those men except for kid Haytham's impressions. If I was Reginald and I knew the things he knew, about Edward.. I'll be sure to send extremely trained people to take him down and not mooks for hire. Birch doesn't strike me as that level of idiot. The one man among them who does fight Haytham, Pointy Ears, does put up a fair amount of fight even in an injured state.. Its not hard to believe two of them can overpower a fighter past his prime.
    Last edited by pirate1802; 02-26-2014 at 12:18 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast