Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: NEWS about Splinter Cell 7 and the future of the series! | Forums

Spider-Bot | Splinter Cell Blacklist | Companion App

Fourth Echelon Economy 101 | Splinter Cell Blacklist [NORTH AMERICA]

Out of the Shadows - Splinter Cell Blacklist Dev Panel

J. Cole Trailer - Splinter Cell Blacklist [NORTH AMERICA]

NEWS about Splinter Cell 7 and the future of the series!

first official words about the future of our saga!

<< Speaking to OXM in our new issue, out on Friday 17th January, animation director Kristjan Zadziuk discussed the IP's future, conceding that Ubisoft Toronto has yet to perfect the Splinter Cell formula. "We haven't got the luxury of Assassin's Creed where we know our formula; we're still evolving," he began.
    "If you look at them, there's no two Splinter Cells that are the same. They've all evolved and adapted. That, to me, is what makes it really exciting. We're getting closer to what that game is, and maybe it isn't necessarily about Splinter Cell being a 15-16 million Call of Duty-type best-seller. Maybe it's just about it being the best Splinter Cell that it can be."

As with Ubisoft sequels in general, the next game might take inspiration from one of Splinter Cell's stablemates, but Zadziuk's team will never port over ideas for the sake of it. "It's not like we sit around and go 'I'm having that'; it's what works for each game.
    "Far Cry 3 is such an expansive game, so they're trying to find you an organic way of giving you a map. That wouldn't work for Splinter Cell - there'd be no point in Sam climbing to the top of a tower and pressing a button. But then again, we have our version of active sprint. It's not a way of copying Assassin's Creed, it's our way of making Sam more fluid."
    Zadiuk's comments form part of a massive feature on Ubisoft's creative agenda at large - if you're at all interested in what's next for Assassin's Creed, Far Cry and co, you shouldn't miss it. In other news, Jonty's chat with Ubisoft Toronto boss Jade Raymond remains a fascinating body of insights - among other things, she discussed the possibility of a game about partial paralysis. >>

http://www.oxm.co.uk/69367/splinter-...ely-different/
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

So, it seems Ubisoft has learned their lesson (hopefully). It sounds like Splinter Cell will continue to use a much more evolved version of the Blacklist engine or something like it. Good. Keep it. It works very well in Blacklist. It also sounds like they are going to be taking more inspirations from past Splinter Cell games. Again, good. This time add more espionage mechanics so Sam really feels like a spy this time. And let the narrative allow Sam to be a ghost / panther spy. That interview made it seem like Ubisoft will relook at the roots again to create another brilliant version of SC.

Also, FINALLY that comment about SC not having to sell like COD, and just being SC is Awesome! Ubisoft finally understands... But we shall see if they really do understand that concept of making SC even more stealth, and less actiony narrative- dictated moments when they reveal SC7.

Xbox Live Gamertag: KevinPDZ
    ADD ME!
    Can't wait to play with you guys on Coop, and SvM Classic and SvM Blacklist.

We haven't got the luxury of Assassin's Creed where we know our formula; we're still evolving,"
    So AC knows it's formula? Never laughed so hard. AC couldn't be further from the formula in my eyes, AC II / Brotherhood being the best game for most AC fans is a testimony to the fact that the new AC games went further and further away from the formula which the original AC fans loved so much... me included.

Anyway... not the right thread for this... back to topic.

Quote Originally Posted by KevinPDZ0916 View Post
    So, it seems Ubisoft has learned their lesson (hopefully). It sounds like Splinter Cell will continue to use a much more evolved version of the Blacklist engine or something like it. Good. Keep it. It works very well in Blacklist. It also sounds like they are going to be taking more inspirations from past Splinter Cell games. Again, good. This time add more espionage mechanics so Sam really feels like a spy this time. And let the narrative allow Sam to be a ghost / panther spy. That interview made it seem like Ubisoft will relook at the roots again to create another brilliant version of SC.
    Let's hope it.

But I heard what I wanted to hear from them.

It sounds like they are trying to give the game more expansive maps, which sounds VERY good, really.

Also the taking inspiration from other franchises AND from the old games is awesome, I really like it.

And in the end, the comment about nor making a 15 million - 16 million selling game (I hope this was an exaggeration btw.) but rather the best Splinter Cell to date is absolutely the right concept in my eyes. It is always better to overcome the previous games then to right out try and get a "AAA" "nothing-is-better" game which then fails. Because if you push money in there awaiting a lot of sales you will be very disappointed if it doesn't sell that well, while if you put a reasonable amount in and say "make the best SPLINTER CELL", and you only want more sales than the previous SC games, then there is a high chance your expectations are mostly fulfilled.

Focus on what made SC great. Don't look at other franchises. Look at SC, and looks at the other Stealth Games (Thief, Hitman, Deus Ex, etc.).
    Play on your strengths, expand the horizon. improve the improvable, give the player more freedom.

Also, FINALLY that comment about SC not having to sell like COD, and just being SC is Awesome! Ubisoft finally understands... But we shall see if they really do understand that concept of making SC even more stealth, and less actiony narrative- dictated moments when they reveal SC7.
    At least there is hope again.

And I think, like you said, it is a VERY good step that they finally realized that not EVERY game has to be a big CoD-like selling game. A reasonable budget, a reasonable sales expectation, and the goal to make the best SC. AWESOME.

And if they are lucky, the Panther playstyle will draw new players in as well.

Also, I find it a big step AS WELL, that they now realized that SC actually hasn't found it's true form, at least not in the last 3 games.

You can't say no SC has been the same, although I agree no SC was EXACTLY the same (but again - that would more or less mean no innovation, which is always bad for a franchise). SAR and PT were pretty similar, except of the story, and CT did have a lot of similar things as well.

But I agree SC DA, SCC and SCB were not the same at all compared to each other, and I hope they really find back to the core Splinter Cell experience and make the best SC game, for now at least (future SC excluded, since they could then be even better than SC7 potentially is).

Anyway, a very positive sounding interview.
    Last edited by Dome500; 01-14-2014 at 05:43 PM.

You don´t see me.... You don´t hear me..... Until its too late..............

Visit our new SC7 Wishlist ( old and new ideas including explanations and ideas for integration) // Legacy Mode
    My YT-Channel: D-500 - Gaming Action Redefined check in if you have time! ^^ // Playstyle definition criteria // ((Blacklist Checklist))

don't know about AC, cause I dropped in Revelations... But these words on SC sounds good.

Finally a small bit of info about Splinter Cell 7.
    Thanks for the article S.V. I hope that UbiSoft learned a lot from BlackList.
    Uplay Gametag:SCCUser1978

Splinter Cell isn't just a game, it's a way of life.

Add suggestions for Splinter Cell 7

Splinter Cell 7 Wishlist.

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
    Edmund Burke

Please Sign this Petition: Stop Using Uplay DRM on Steam Games

One change I would want for SC7 is for the coop mode to be integrated more in-depth with the single player. Rather than a separate coop campaign that requires two people to play, maps should be built with SP and Coop both in mind. In essence, this is what a vast open sand box world like the Grim missions would be, only significantly better.
    I don't want coop specific actions to reach new paths either. I want to exore the whole map. The only difference would be that a second player is there to help you. That's it. He's there for support.

I want drop in drop out coop play. Before anyone freaks out that SP should not be directly integrated into coop. Let me explain. This system would be very similar to RE6 where you can set options for whether you want online people to join your current game or not. This can easily make it possible to play the campaign solo and with another person immediately if desired.

These maps could be played in different modes. Campaign, Deniable Ops style modes of hunter, infiltration, horde, etc. I believe this would also make everything in the SMI more accessible, without worrying whether a mission was SP or coop only, or what type of character playstyle mission it was.
    Last edited by KevinPDZ0916; 01-14-2014 at 06:22 PM.

ADD ME!

Another suggestion is for choosing where to land from the Paladin on each missions wide open sandbox world. Similar to Medal of Honor airborne. You could play the map a different way depending on which spawn point you choose.

ADD ME!

Quote Originally Posted by KevinPDZ0916 View Post
    One change I would want for SC7 is for the coop mode to be integrated more in-depth with the single player. Rather than a separate coop campaign that requires two people to play, maps should be built with SP and Coop both in mind. In essence, this is what a vast open sand box world like the Grim missions would be, only significantly better.
    I don't want coop specific actions to reach new paths either. I want to exore the whole map. The only difference would be that a second player is there to help you. That's it. He's there for support.

I want drop in drop out coop play. Before anyone freaks out that SP should not be directly integrated into coop. Let me explain. This system would be very similar to RE6 where you can set options for whether you want online people to join your current game or not. This can easily make it possible to play the campaign solo and with another person immediately if desired.
    I can't agree completely.

Don't get me wrong, if the "coop-moves" are just what they are at the moment in Blacklist, then I agree.

But I really like the coop play.

This is what I would want:

• 4E Missions have no "Coop-Special" paths.
    • The Coop campaign Missions can be played sp as well
      • But those Coop-Campaign Missions will also have ALTERNATIVE Coop-Specific Paths, in a way that Coop-play makes it easier to get through the mission, and sp is more difficult and takes longer.
      • I want old Coop moves like the inverted rappel with your coop partner holding you (to reach secured systems, servers, PC's (possible in sp but more difficult, you would have to take out security systems first and then get on the same level as the server/PC/secsystem and THEN you could access it, with coop you just rappel down (inverted rappelling) and access it) and the wall-double-rappel where your coop partner holds you and you are going up/down the wall. Something like this throwing-move they had in CT would also be nice, but more realistic please. The dual-wall-jump is cool as well (like in Blacklist), the dual door break is not must for me, the "share snake cam view" would be cool again, and having to work with camera jammers or similar things together to get past cameras (in sp you would have to throw a emp grenade/bolt which would raise more attention). Also, sharing equipment should return.
      • Bottom Line. Make the Mode with Coop in mind, but also make it possible to make the Coop campaign solo, of course only with a lot more work you would be able to play it sp, coop should always be helpful, give you alternate paths and methods to progress easier. The rule is possible for coop = possible for sp but in a more difficult way. Coop moves underline teamwork but are NOT required to pass a level. Action-scenes like the drone scene in smugglers compound should not be in btw.

That is how I want my Coop.

I agree Sp should be possible, but it should be made harder than coop and coop should have moves to open up alternate paths and methods to go about, which make the mission easier then doing it solo.

Another suggestion is for choosing where to land from the Paladin on each missions wide open sandbox world. Similar to Medal of Honor airborne. You could play the map a different way depending on which spawn point you choose.
    Yes and no. It could become more difficult to construct a mission in that way, but even without different landing zones I agree that there should be at least multiple ways to enter and infiltrate the objective area, and that this area should be as open as possible and have different (interconnected (without loading times and with backtracking)) paths to go about and get to your different (multiple (primary, secondary, opportunity)) objectives.
    Last edited by Dome500; 01-14-2014 at 06:35 PM.

You don´t see me.... You don´t hear me..... Until its too late..............

Visit our new SC7 Wishlist ( old and new ideas including explanations and ideas for integration) // Legacy Mode
    My YT-Channel: D-500 - Gaming Action Redefined check in if you have time! ^^ // Playstyle definition criteria // ((Blacklist Checklist))

The acknowledgement of the Splinter Cell IP not bringing in Call of Duty numbers is a positive sight to see. That will always be the case, what developers need to focus on is adhering to the fans of the series, not poorly attempting to please everyone (that doesn't mean the dismissal of potential fans). Hopefully, no more odd experiments like shoddy First Person segments and an unnecessary high amount of Drone sequences that were used for filler gaps. More espionage mechanics brought over from the older titles and adapted to the modern revision of Blacklist would be vastly preferable over those. I also hope for a story that doesn't start at the climax but rather builds to one is in works for the next title as well.

Overall, due to this small editorial segment, interests are piqued even more to see what is in store for one of my beloved franchises.
    Last edited by KAIZER_SOSA; 01-14-2014 at 06:50 PM.

I certainly hope they go back to the Chaos Theory formula and allow you to free jump again. Jumping matters to me a lot, strangely. This bounding from cover to cover like Gears of War doesn't feel like Splinter Cell to me at all. I want them to bring back creeping, where every footstep mattered - and you were actually in control of those footsteps.
    Ubisoft, please prove me wrong.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast