Thread: Death by Z-Stoff & T-Stoff (Me-163 fuel) | Forums

Don't know if this has been reported before or not but I thought it was indicative of the level of detail in this sim.

Some of you will be aware that the fuel used in the Me-163 was a mix of chemicals that would disolve human flesh & bone on contact (Nasty stuff). This is the first sim that has simulated this byproduct of a fuel leak.

I was flying the single mission for the Me-163 in AEP and whilst taking down a few B-17's got two fuel tank leak messages. I though OK so my flight time will be reduced, so I climb for alt so I could intercept with zero throttle. I've had a single fuel leak message before but never two, one after the other.

Whilst climbing I noticed my view getting slowly red (ie injured pilot) Every 5 seconds the screen would become more red until I got the pilot died message. The only damage to my plane was the fuel leak.

I'm amazed that this 'feature' exists in the sim. I can only assume that a single leak is not fatal but a double leak where both Z & T-Stoff can mix will lead to a melting pilot.

The propellor is there to keep the pilot cool. Switch it off and watch them sweat!

Regards
    Gos from Oz
    The propellor is there to keep the pilot cool. Switch it off and watch them sweat!

Regards
    Gos from Oz
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Don't know if this has been reported before or not but I thought it was indicative of the level of detail in this sim.

Some of you will be aware that the fuel used in the Me-163 was a mix of chemicals that would disolve human flesh & bone on contact (Nasty stuff). This is the first sim that has simulated this byproduct of a fuel leak.

I was flying the single mission for the Me-163 in AEP and whilst taking down a few B-17's got two fuel tank leak messages. I though OK so my flight time will be reduced, so I climb for alt so I could intercept with zero throttle. I've had a single fuel leak message before but never two, one after the other.

Whilst climbing I noticed my view getting slowly red (ie injured pilot) Every 5 seconds the screen would become more red until I got the pilot died message. The only damage to my plane was the fuel leak.

I'm amazed that this 'feature' exists in the sim. I can only assume that a single leak is not fatal but a double leak where both Z & T-Stoff can mix will lead to a melting pilot.

Regards
    Gos from Oz

I found the same results with a simple fuel leak. I also found that if you use the fuel up after recieving a hit and getting a fuel leak... you will not die of wounds.
    Great aircraft to fly againest the Bombers though. I can knock down about two... to three bombers with the ammo load. I love the way it Zooms and gains altitude.

All right, they're on our left, they're on our right, they're in front of us, they're behind us... they can't get away this time. Lieutenant General Lewis B."Chesty" Pull

now that's cool! (and funny)

Now I know nobody will want to fly them in VOW

Great reading material Tenmmike... the Me-163 must have been something else to fly at that period of time.
    Thank's

All right, they're on our left, they're on our right, they're in front of us, they're behind us... they can't get away this time. Lieutenant General Lewis B."Chesty" Pull

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by carguy_:
    Now I know nobody will want to fly them in VOW<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Realistic choice: nobody wanted to fly them in real war.

- Dux Corvan -

Ten thousand years of Cantabrian skinning.