Thread: Problems i Have with AC4/Ubisoft...Opinions? | Forums

Assassin?s Creed Unity Season Pass Trailer [US]

Assassin?s Creed Unity Co-Op Gameplay Trailer [US]

Assassin?s Creed Unity Co-op Heist Mission Commented Demo [US]

The Assassin's Creed Experience - Comic-Con Day 3

Problems i Have with AC4/Ubisoft...Opinions?

Ive been playing Assassins Creed since the release day of part 1... The game got even better with Ezio (though im an Altair fan through n through).. It got strange with Revelations, but nothing "bad"..AC3 was o.k., but the large scale wasnt very fullfilling for its size n scope.. Like a barren wasteland, void of anything to do between main storyies..I spent a majority of the game hunting, which got old fast.. But not a "bad" game again.. Definitely not the Assassins Creed i had come to know and love either, however! With AC4, we're not even a damned assassin! I wont even get on the whole alien technology garbage we had to swallow!

The DLC, and money grabs from Ubisoft, are beginning to get out of hand.. I had grabbed everything, until AC3, and havent gotten any since Revelations.. The "season pass" crap, is usuaally a good single play item, then filled in with multiplayer garbage (who really buys Assassins Creed, for mp!?!) We play AC for its STORY, and its really beginning to thin out..Id much prefer they take their time, and come up with a new protagonist after Desmond, then stay a yearly annual release...AC4 is a large world, and is atleast filled with things to do, unlike AC3..The map is a bit misleading in size though., and majority of the landmasses are nothing but a tiny beach with a single chest or fragment (disappointing)..

I got off track, but wanted to put out some of my issues with the game, and see where others are at with them, in hopes these words, or others, reach development for future projects.. Assassins Creed is, and always has been, my FAVORITE franchise, and id like to get back to where we were with Ezio, and Altair..

-Bllack flag is entirely too dark.. The underwater segments force us to raise the brightness to 8 or higher, just to be able to see anything..Same with smugglers coves..
    -Swimming underwater is so clunky, and difficult to see in any specific direction, i almost dont wanna bother with them..
    -Free-running was supposed to have been fixed after part 1 or 2, and was, until now.. I get stuck alot on a single step, or small rock, and have to turn around to go around them, as if i were running into an invisible wall.. Often enough i felt i had to mention it...
    -Weapon choices are gone, and attempting to use dropped weapons usually doesnt work, when you do force yourself to use them.. 2 of 3 times, the weapon drops to the ground,and Edward goes for a silent assassination with hidden blades...
    -While we all enjoyed the ship segments from AC3, AC4 focused TOO much on it.. There was very little "assassin" in the game, and far more pirate/warrior gameplay.. The few missions where we got to play out the role of assassin were very welcomed but too few, far, and between..Then theres the whole thing that we're not actually an assassin anyway, so it didnt make any sense!
    -Season Pass...I havent yet felt the season pass was necessary.. Addind up all the dlc, in AC3 for example, there was about $27.00 worth of Tyranny of Kng George, and your pass was a laughable $30.00 with some multiplayer filler garbage, and skin packs.. Then, you've always got the other dlc which is no longer included in the season pass.. Season pass USED to mean, you get all the dlc coming out later, and your putting your trust into a company to deliver good content, and giving your money upfront.. Youve taken that, and turned it into a sham, then STILL charge extra for 'other' dlc's..
    -Multiplayer...I may play the multiplayer in these games a few times, but have never gotten the darn platinum trophy because of these ridiculus trophies for multiplayer..Its not deep, or appealing enough to play very long.. Not to mention theres ALWAYS a guy or 2 who are max lvl, with all unlockables, who just make it unfun for newcomers...I just think it sticks when awesome games, like this one, begin to lessen the epic single player experience, to tack on some mediocre multiplayer...Its very clear multipler is just a money sink for Ubisoft, with all the skin packs, map packs, and class packs..
    -Town investing/upgrades were swapped for a single pirate haven, and the Ship.. They were great, just not enough...
    -Community Events... Or lack there of... I have seen TWO white whales in 50hours of gameplay...I only have 2 friends who own the game, out of about 50, and theyve never shared one.. \They may have beaten the game and not come back(since you know, the mp is just as boring as it was in Bro-hood)...Why do i need to have friends to get content in MY game? Ive yet to find a chest, or get anythihng from initiates as a community event , what gives?!
    -No matter how many Naval convoys i "Plunder", i dont get credit for the 3rd in the challenges, or the unlockable item for the boat i thnk it was.. Aquilla's item for the Jackdaw..

Maybe its time to play from the side of the Templars, and see their story building up of Abstergo over centuries of pillaging, conquering, and building up the world for total domination!

Now your even selling shortcuts, or "time-savers" dlc... Ugh! Im seeing/hearing from people more, and more a resemplance to the industries villians (EA, Activision, etc.) and id really hope you would go back to a better practice.. People are starting to steer clear of your games, and it will be the fans who pay the price in the long run..

What are some of the other players thoughts, and opinions of the game AC4, the franchise as a whole, and/or Ubisoft?

In Hopes te AC franchise can return to its roots, Fan since Altair '07,
    -Rizilliant
    Last edited by Rizilliant; 01-04-2014 at 06:55 PM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Swimming underwater can be clunky but I find the whole experience fun and a nice change of pace. Free running does feel slightly worse in AC4 but it's bearable. As for weapon choices, we didn't a lot of weapons. Edward isn't a walking armoury. I would have liked to have seen a small knife to wield but I didn't need one.AC4 took AC in a new direction. Edward wasn't an assassin but that meant we could see the Assassin Vs Templar war from an outsiders perspective which is a new experience.

The season pass is only there for people who want to get all the DLC and get them at a cheaper price. There is only one MP DLC which is a character pack and the rest is Freedom Cry and other single player add ons.

A lot of people do buy AC for multiplayer. AC multiplayer is unique and it has a fan base that have been playing AC multiplayer since it's debut. It's not everyone but the people who like it play it a lot.

Community Events have been patched so they are extremely rare as the devs thought they appeared too frequently. It's unfortunate but they might patch it. The naval convoys sometimes glitch but the devs could also fix this with a patch.

I think Ubisoft are great devs. They constantly make good and great games. I wouldn't compare them to EA or Activision as they don't just release a re skinned version of the same game every year to get money.

Hopefully Ubi will sort some of the major problems out soon. Underwater on console is pretty nice tbh, i haven't tried the game on PC as yet but seems you guys are having many more problems. Not only that there is content im missing such as weapons & outfits in AC4 (not that it bothers me much, just the fact i should have them!). I really hope the next AC is more like brotherhood & AC II. Best 2 assassins creeds imo & of course AC I is great.
    Want someone to play AC Multplayer ? Hmu on xbox live - M0nsterSkillz

Assassins Creed - Owned/completed
    Assassins Creed II - Owned/ in progress of completing
    Assassins Creed Brotherhood - Owned/completed
    Assassins Creed Revelations - Owned/completed
    Assassins Creed Liberation - Not played until released on xbox live sometime in 2014.
    Assassins Creed III - Owned/completed
    Assassins Creed Black Flag - 100% Completed

Ezio wasn't an Assassin until the end of AC2 either you know...

Altair was the only one who started off as an Assassin.

There are people who live in a dream world, And there are people who live in Reality; And there are those that turn one into the other.

Quote Originally Posted by pacmanate View Post
    Ezio wasn't an Assassin until the end of AC2 either you know...

Altair was the only one who started off as an Assassin.
    Quoting this post because it can't be repeated too much. Apparently it's a huge issue that Edward wasn't formally affiliated with the Assassins until the end, but AC2 and AC3 evidently get a free pass.

Ezio Trilogy is heavily overrated. I can't take any criticism seriously when they're assuming their ''opinions'' are that of the ''many fans'' either. =S

I'm bored though so I'm going to reply with a wall of text in 3...2...

Quote Originally Posted by Fatal-Feit View Post
    Ezio Trilogy is heavily overrated. I can't take any criticism seriously when they're assuming their ''opinions'' are that of the ''many fans'' either. =S

I'm bored though so I'm going to reply with a wall of text in 3...2...
    I'll agree that AC2 and Brotherhood are overrated. Even though AC2 is my second favorite in the series after Black Flag, a lot of people act like it's the world's greatest achievement in gaming, and I honestly don't understand why a lot of people love ACB so much. However, I don't think Revelations gets enough love. After release, it was generally received poorly by the majority of the fans, who claimed it was just a reskin of Brotherhood. And it very well may have been, but the new skin was way better than the old one IMO. Better story, better city, and a great conclusion to Ezio and Altair's arcs.

Ive been playing Assassins Creed since the release day of part 1... The game got even better with Ezio (though im an Altair fan through n through).. It got strange with Revelations, but nothing "bad"..AC3 was o.k., but the large scale wasnt very fullfilling for its size n scope.. Like a barren wasteland, void of anything to do between main storyies..I spent a majority of the game hunting, which got old fast.. But not a "bad" game again.. Definitely not the Assassins Creed i had come to know and love either, however! With AC4, we're not even a damned assassin! I wont even get on the whole alien technology garbage we had to swallow!

The DLC, and money grabs from Ubisoft, are beginning to get out of hand.. I had grabbed everything, until AC3, and havent gotten any since Revelations.. The "season pass" crap, is usuaally a good single play item, then filled in with multiplayer garbage (who really buys Assassins Creed, for mp!?!) We play AC for its STORY, and its really beginning to thin out..Id much prefer they take their time, and come up with a new protagonist after Desmond, then stay a yearly annual release...AC4 is a large world, and is atleast filled with things to do, unlike AC3..The map is a bit misleading in size though., and majority of the landmasses are nothing but a tiny beach with a single chest or fragment (disappointing)..

-Bllack flag is entirely too dark.. The underwater segments force us to raise the brightness to 8 or higher, just to be able to see anything..Same with smugglers coves..

A) Issue is probably with your TV I play on a 55 inch Plasma with Deep Black levels and had no issue on PS4 or XBOX 360

-Swimming underwater is so clunky, and difficult to see in any specific direction, i almost dont wanna bother with them.. but

B) True a bit clunky but not so annoying that the missions were a pain or a chore to do.... I hate those Sharks but there not meant to be cuddly kittens.

-Free-running was supposed to have been fixed after part 1 or 2, and was, until now.. I get stuck alot on a single step, or small rock, and have to turn around to go around them, as if i were running into an invisible wall.. Often enough i felt i had to mention it...

C) Finished the game on PS4 and XBOX 360 and I would say this is rare problem
    -Weapon choices are gone, and attempting to use dropped weapons usually doesnt work, when you do force yourself to use them.. 2 of 3 times, the weapon drops to the ground,and Edward goes for a silent assassination with hidden blades...

D) Some additional weapon choices, that we are NOT forced to use would be cool.

-While we all enjoyed the ship segments from AC3, AC4 focused TOO much on it.. There was very little "assassin" in the game, and far more pirate/warrior gameplay.. The few missions where we got to play out the role of assassin were very welcomed but too few, far, and between..Then theres the whole thing that we're not actually an assassin anyway, so it didnt make any sense!

E) I for one loved the Pirate theme and I really hope they bring it back. As the above posters said you weren't an Assassin for most of the game in the previous games either. I felt it was a good mix of naval combat, hand to hand combat and stealth missions but to each his own.

-Season Pass...I havent yet felt the season pass was necessary.. Addind up all the dlc, in AC3 for example, there was about $27.00 worth of Tyranny of Kng George, and your pass was a laughable $30.00 with some multiplayer filler garbage, and skin packs.. Then, you've always got the other dlc which is no longer included in the season pass.. Season pass USED to mean, you get all the dlc coming out later, and your putting your trust into a company to deliver good content, and giving your money upfront.. Youve taken that, and turned it into a sham, then STILL charge extra for 'other' dlc's..

F) Agree with the season pass hold out, a SEASON pass should be more than one DLC, if your willing to buy the SEASON pass and not know what your getting that's on you, but as its stated now to me its not worth it.

-Multiplayer...I may play the multiplayer in these games a few times, but have never gotten the darn platinum trophy because of these ridiculus trophies for multiplayer..Its not deep, or appealing enough to play very long.. Not to mention theres ALWAYS a guy or 2 who are max lvl, with all unlockables, who just make it unfun for newcomers...I just think it sticks when awesome games, like this one, begin to lessen the epic single player experience, to tack on some mediocre multiplayer...Its very clear multipler is just a money sink for Ubisoft, with all the skin packs, map packs, and class packs..

G) 100% agree with all you said here

-Town investing/upgrades were swapped for a single pirate haven, and the Ship.. They were great, just not enough...

H) 100% Agree with this.... and what was the point of buying ART?? lol

-Community Events... Or lack there of... I have seen TWO white whales in 50hours of gameplay...I only have 2 friends who own the game, out of about 50, and theyve never shared one.. \They may have beaten the game and not come back(since you know, the mp is just as boring as it was in Bro-hood)...Why do i need to have friends to get content in MY game? Ive yet to find a chest, or get anythihng from initiates as a community event , what gives?!

I) From what's stated here on these forums they used to work and appear until some napoleon at UBI decided they were to easy and completely screwed them up. Most annoying problem with this game imo.

-No matter how many Naval convoys i "Plunder", i dont get credit for the 3rd in the challenges, or the unlockable item for the boat i thnk it was.. Aquilla's item for the Jackdaw..

J) I have the Same issue and I completely agree.

Maybe its time to play from the side of the Templars, and see their story building up of Abstergo over centuries of pillaging, conquering, and building up the world for total domination!

K) Inside the Templars?? Assassins for LIFE! LOL - They did hint at something in the final speech but we will see.

Now your even selling shortcuts, or "time-savers" dlc... Ugh! Im seeing/hearing from people more, and more a resemplance to the industries villians (EA, Activision, etc.) and id really hope you would go back to a better practice.. People are starting to steer clear of your games, and it will be the fans who pay the price in the long run..

L) Agree....but i'm guilty I purchased the unlock ship ugrade for the XBOX 360

What are some of the other players thoughts, and opinions of the game AC4, the franchise as a whole, and/or Ubisoft?

M) I addressed each above.
    Last edited by Injuring; 01-05-2014 at 05:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rizilliant View Post
    I'm not sure if you've attempted to 100% AC:3, but I assure you it has over 40+ hours of extra content besides hunting. Most of AC:3+ is what you call innovation. A new engine, a new protagonist, and a new setting to explore. It's everything a proper sequel requires. Assassin's Creed was never defined by Ezio and the Renaissance. Every real fan knows that.

AC:IV had more Templar and Assassin relevance than AC:2 and AC:B ever did. It actually indulged in the Creed. In AC:2, Ezio wasn't an Assassin until the end either. Sure, let's forget the fact that Edward was given an Assassin's robe and became involved with Templar & Assassins the first hour of the game. AC:2 had you literally run irrelevant errands for the first few hours before ever getting started.

The amount of DLCs have been getting out of hand since Brotherhood. It's out of control, I truly agree but it's nothing new. AC:3 and AC:4 offers the best DLC, IMO. If Ubisoft were milking the series like they have with Ezio, The Tyranny of King Washington might of became its own game like Brotherhood. So no, it's not becoming worse.

Multiplayer has it's own dedicated fanbase. You might not appreciate it, but I know 20 others who do. Nobody obviously buys AC for its MP alone, but it's quite obvious that it's played or else Ubisoft wouldn't be supporting it. I personally love the MP and I appreciate the replay values it provides. The Season Pass past season passes barely offer much MP content other than a few characters. Brotherhood had it worse, IIRC.

How are the stories beginning to wear out? Ever since Ezio's Trilogy, they have dropped the black and white/ cliche plot-twist-villainy/ Gary Sue-like protagonists for a more serious and darker tone with realistic protagonists. I enjoyed the Kenway Saga twice as much as I have with Ezio's Trilogy. It afforded me the pleasure of actually thinking about which side I actually favor and whether or not I actually want to kill this guy. I felt way more immersed with my role with the past few games than I ever had with AC1 and Ezio's Trilogy.

They've allowed you to play from a Templar's perspective. To see from their side of views. I've grown attached to Charles Lee, Haytham Kenway, Thomas Hickey, and the rest of the crew. As much as it pained me to target them in AC:3, I LOVE the fact that they did that. It shows that Ubisoft is innovative with both story and gameplay. In AC:IV I really adored the way the story started Edward off, siding with the Templars. It's hard not to appreciate the new approach in the story.

I got off track, but wanted to put out some of my issues with the game, and see where others are at with them, in hopes these words, or others, reach development for future projects.. Assassins Creed is, and always has been, my FAVORITE franchise, and id like to get back to where we were with Ezio, and Altair..
    So you want them to go back to milking the franchise like they have with Ezio's Trilogy. I swear, if Ubisoft offered to bring Ezio back to life, re-hash the previous engine, and set Ezio in space fighting Templar Aliens, people will still dig that.

But does the series need that? AC:3 have already granted the players a kickass Templar protagonist and AC:IV's modern day isn't the first time they've given the players a wall'o text explaining how the Templars are successful in modern day.

The fanbase is literally in circles. First they complain about not having an Assassin and now they want a Templar.

The time-savers DLCs are a horrible idea. Ubisoft, STAHP. It's a good thing they're only a buck, though.

The same people who're giving Ubisoft the same title as EA and Activision, are the same grunts who thinks Ezio's Trilogy wasn't milked. Ubisoft isn't losing fans, they're actually gaining dozens by the days. I don't mind having more ''DAY-1 FAN HERP DERP AC:2 GODZIO PERFECTIONIST'' out of the fanbase, though. I sound cynical but I'm really just tired of all their poor back and forth criticisms.

In Hopes te AC franchise can return to its roots, Fan since Altair '07,
    -Rizilliant
    I think AC:IV is brilliant and the franchise is doing just fine, aside from some silly ideas such as FP modern day. And I would appreciate if Ubisoft worked harder on their PC ports but it's understandable with the amount of pirating these days.

You should adjust your TV or Monitor because I'm more than certain it's not the game's fault. Try Dynamic or Off mode. AC:IV was never too dark, in fact I had brightness problems with it.

-Swimming underwater is so clunky, and difficult to see in any specific direction, i almost dont wanna bother with them..
    They require some practice the first few trips but after I got used to the controls, I've completely fallen in love with them more than I had expected. I love the mix of stealth and exploration they provide. The undersea world is gorgeous and I enjoyed having contracts and treasures hidden in the smuggler's den. Ubisoft definitely gets a plus from me on that.

Press X or A to jump when you're stuck. I honestly have no problem with the free-running in AC:3 and AC:IV but I know some people have their gripes with it. I always recommend tilting your analog and RT when free-running for those who're having problems.

You might need practice.

I'm not sure if we're playing the same franchise because you weren't a full-fledge Assassin until the end of the game in AC:1 and AC:2 either. I'm actually not sure if you played AC:IV either because that game also has the most stealth and Assassinations.

That is completely your opinion. IMO, the season pass for AC:3 and AC:IV was worth every penny. I love TToKW and Freedom Cry but to each their own, I suppose.

Again, this is only your opinion. I've always been a fan of MP. It's unique, competitive, and offers good replay value. If you don't like it, then don't bother with it. Calling it mediocre and assuming it's full of BS is a waste of time for you and me. Besides, it's not that unbalanced. You can't expect to beat prestige players without practice.

I prefer the Homestead over those. There's no point in purchasing what you don't need, IMO. The Jackdaw upgrades could of been better too.

God I hate those. I recommend sending in a ticket like I have. Whoever thought that was a great idea needs a smacking.