I hope you are all prepared for Christmas holidays, whether you are planning a dinner marathon all across the country or taking good times with your friends and family! In all cases, you can always keep a copy of MMDoC close to you for some quick duels on the side I wanted to give you an update from the Dev Team before moving on 2014, where new challenges are awaiting!
First, we want to thank you for your support at the launch of The Five Towers. We got pretty good comments about the new Buildings, our new balancing changes and of course, the long awaited Card Sharing feature. Maybe most of active players didn’t notice, but we also revamped the tutorial flow to help new users getting familiar with the game mechanics. Of course, we also heard your critics towards the Wild Card changes in packs that we didn’t communicate properly and about our server issues. Implementing Card Sharing overloaded our servers during maintenance that caused a lot of instability in the following days. We really apologize for that situation, and we hope the rewards we gave you and the positive things we brought to the game compensated for the problems we had.
Speaking of gifts and treats, as we are approaching Dec 25th, we have some special Christmas Alternates, created by our beloved artists, to give you! You can find them on Twitter and Facebook, but also IN YOUR DECKBUILDER as we speak, if you didn’t already get it! Collect all 4!
For us, 2013 was a year of exploration. We tried different things in esports and competition; we developed a way to get single cards and decided to implement the card sharing feature. 2014 will be a year of operations and improvement, building on what we’ve done and trying to push it to the next level.
- We are already working on the next installment of our World Championship: building structure, choosing events, gathering comments from you guys, etc. We also want you to take part in this World Championship by integrating community tournaments in our Championship! We have very interesting plans for that and we are really looking forward to know what you think about it! Still too early to communicate officially, but we have great things on the way for that!
- Speaking of tournaments, we really want to facilitate and encourage your awesome work by helping you more on setting up your tournaments. We already have the Tournament Sponsorship Program, but we want to put your events even more on the spotlight.
- Our promotion system improved a lot in the last weeks, and you can be sure to have more promotions than ever in the Shop : new deals, new decks, etc. Whether you’re playing on the client or via Steam, we’ll be definitely more active on this side.
- Our launch on the Steam marketplace was really successful (we’ll be featured on their winter sale), and we want to bring DoC on other platforms. I know we already told that, but we now have a small team dedicated to those new platforms! Stay tuned in 2014!
- We are also working a lot on the new Duel of Champions website, the new one will be prettier, more social and custom made to be the main information platform for DoC! It will help a lot centralizing information like patchnotes, tournaments, streamers, latest news and multimedia content. It’s almost finished!
- Finally, we already told you about the Base Set #2, which will regroup the latest expansions into one “set” and increase rarity of older cards. This set will also come with brand new cards, of course, and our design and art teams are already working on it! It should come not too late in 2014
That’s it for now folks! The whole team wishes you a very happy Christmas, a happy New Year and tons of great duels during the holidays! See you in 2014, or even before that on the Battleground !!