Thread: Developers Bulletin - Dec 2013 | Forums

Launch trailer - Might & Magic® X Legacy [UK]

Might & Magic X - Legacy - 4 New Classes Speed Painting trailer [UK]

Might and Magic X Legacy - The Gameplay trailer [UK]

Might & Magic X Legacy -- The Open Dev starts! [EUROPE]

Community Developer Ubisoft SpaceElephant's Avatar

Developers Bulletin - Dec 2013

Hello everyone!
    I hope you are all prepared for Christmas holidays, whether you are planning a dinner marathon all across the country or taking good times with your friends and family! In all cases, you can always keep a copy of MMDoC close to you for some quick duels on the side I wanted to give you an update from the Dev Team before moving on 2014, where new challenges are awaiting!

First, we want to thank you for your support at the launch of The Five Towers. We got pretty good comments about the new Buildings, our new balancing changes and of course, the long awaited Card Sharing feature. Maybe most of active players didn’t notice, but we also revamped the tutorial flow to help new users getting familiar with the game mechanics. Of course, we also heard your critics towards the Wild Card changes in packs that we didn’t communicate properly and about our server issues. Implementing Card Sharing overloaded our servers during maintenance that caused a lot of instability in the following days. We really apologize for that situation, and we hope the rewards we gave you and the positive things we brought to the game compensated for the problems we had.

Speaking of gifts and treats, as we are approaching Dec 25th, we have some special Christmas Alternates, created by our beloved artists, to give you! You can find them on Twitter and Facebook, but also IN YOUR DECKBUILDER as we speak, if you didn’t already get it! Collect all 4!

For us, 2013 was a year of exploration. We tried different things in esports and competition; we developed a way to get single cards and decided to implement the card sharing feature. 2014 will be a year of operations and improvement, building on what we’ve done and trying to push it to the next level.

- We are already working on the next installment of our World Championship: building structure, choosing events, gathering comments from you guys, etc. We also want you to take part in this World Championship by integrating community tournaments in our Championship! We have very interesting plans for that and we are really looking forward to know what you think about it! Still too early to communicate officially, but we have great things on the way for that!

- Speaking of tournaments, we really want to facilitate and encourage your awesome work by helping you more on setting up your tournaments. We already have the Tournament Sponsorship Program, but we want to put your events even more on the spotlight.

- Our promotion system improved a lot in the last weeks, and you can be sure to have more promotions than ever in the Shop : new deals, new decks, etc. Whether you’re playing on the client or via Steam, we’ll be definitely more active on this side.

- Our launch on the Steam marketplace was really successful (we’ll be featured on their winter sale), and we want to bring DoC on other platforms. I know we already told that, but we now have a small team dedicated to those new platforms! Stay tuned in 2014!

- We are also working a lot on the new Duel of Champions website, the new one will be prettier, more social and custom made to be the main information platform for DoC! It will help a lot centralizing information like patchnotes, tournaments, streamers, latest news and multimedia content. It’s almost finished!

- Finally, we already told you about the Base Set #2, which will regroup the latest expansions into one “set” and increase rarity of older cards. This set will also come with brand new cards, of course, and our design and art teams are already working on it! It should come not too late in 2014 

That’s it for now folks! The whole team wishes you a very happy Christmas, a happy New Year and tons of great duels during the holidays! See you in 2014, or even before that on the Battleground !!

- SpaceElephant
    Last edited by Aza404; 12-23-2013 at 03:47 PM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

THX! i wish the Doc Team happy Christmas and nice Holidays too!

Just wanna say Thank You! for this awesome game we can enjoy for free and i am really looking forward to what u have planned for us!

Keep up the great work!
    IGN: ASUR-VENUS

If you are going to be "featured" on steam winter sale, will you release a new champion box so we who already bought the "champion box 2" can still buy one? because of steams bad DLC system we can't buy another one if you don't create a "Champions Box 3"... would be really bad if you get discounted and don't support the players who support you.

I was wondering if we will get Steam support in the CIS region?
    I have recently moved from the United Kingdom to Ukraine, and can no longer get auto-updates/DLC's etc., as the game does not appear in Steam at all.
    All-in-all, I would like to say Thank you for an incredible, complex and interesting game! You have hit a few bumps with your community management, but the product you are offering is superb. All the best in 2014 and Happy Holidays!

...Base Set #2, which will regroup the latest expansions into one “set” and increase rarity of older cards. This set will also come with brand new cards...
    Wait, so you are going to release a set and force us to re-buy cards we already have in order to get new cards? Are you kidding?

Base Set #2 ? It's the first time that I saw it mentioned, where did you talk about it ? and where can I read more about it ?

Quote Originally Posted by SpaceElephant View Post
    - Speaking of tournaments, we really want to facilitate and encourage your awesome work by helping you more on setting up your tournaments. We already have the Tournament Sponsorship Program, but we want to put your events even more on the spotlight.
    - SpaceElephant
    And they stand by their word!

Beat the Jack: the DoC Tournament of Winter 2014

im still waitting for the shop i mean lower prices hot sells and that kind of things collected to manny gold and seals and all times waitting for nice price in the shop tooo buy finally first packs in the game and contine playing (standard deck from beginnng of the game bored me as hell ) we have to day 2 things the meybe awesome deck 2013 but i think the price its to high and the nice hero pack nice but meybe the biggest box will have lowe price that will be nice and even more nice would be only just 10% or more if they could lower price for all packs bpught for gold that cpuld be good .awesome would be if they could make 50% of evrything but that is impossible but its nice to look how this game is going forwards but meybe the dlcs comming to fast abput 6months and 2-3 dlc dont really know playing for about 1month nice to see how this product is growing up but im little scry about it becouse if something growing too fast it can be burned faster ... wee will se i hope for the best thx for spendng time reading this .

Quote Originally Posted by SpaceElephant View Post
    - Finally, we already told you about the Base Set #2, which will regroup the latest expansions into one “set” and increase rarity of older cards. This set will also come with brand new cards, of course, and our design and art teams are already working on it! It should come not too late in 2014 
    A tip from a long time tcg and ccg player. Never ever bunch together old cards and new cards into a single set. It forces people to either buy tons of cards they already have to get to those few new cards, or to just skip the new cards.
    It is generally a wonderful way to loose players as it is seen as a way for the developer to screw the players and create imbalance in the game. Screwing players by, as I said, forcing them to buy a heap of old cards they already have to get to the few new ones. Creating imbalance in the game by greatly favour those few with a huge pile of money to throw at the game, since they are the ones who will have access to the new cards in any quantity.

Look at the successful TCGs and CCGs out there. Magic, WoWtcg and so forth. There is a reason they never do this misstake. It would piss their players off and their playerbase would shrink. This is also part of the reason no (to my knowledge) TCG or CCG which has released new and old cards in a single set has had any notable success or longevity.

Creating a new base set out of the old expansions (without any new cards) might be a good idea, but as long as the players can choose to buy the old base set and expansions, there will be no need for such a set. Buying the old expansions separately will be better for players who wish to focus their chances to get specific cards. A 500+ card set is too unwieldy and with the RNG inherent in random boosters the spread of cards would be so uneven people might get mad just trying to get playesets of the commons in the set, let alone uncommons or rares. "Yay, my 5th of this rare, but I still have non of this and this and this..."

If you do want to release a 2nd base set, you should instead look to Magics "editions". They have a selection of reprinted older cards. Not too many cards, as it would make the set unwieldy. No new cards, as it would force players to buy tons of cards they already have to get the new ones. The cards are somewhat themed to work with the current expansions, and so is a great way for new players to get into the game smoothly.

Any new cards to be released are released as separate expansions with new cards only. Perhaps themed to go with the current base set.

Just a few thoughts...

Quote Originally Posted by Lunaticsarkasm View Post
    Look at the successful TCGs and CCGs out there. Magic, WoWtcg and so forth. There is a reason they never do this misstake. It would piss their players off and their playerbase would shrink.
    ehm, Wizard began with M10 edition to introduce new cards in the core set and in recent years the number of players increased, obviously not for that reason, but do not affect negatively (but magic has different rules).

I understand very well that the purpose of ubi is to make money, but the best way is to let the players are happy to spend money.
    If to get new cards before I have to collect 200 cards in the new base set(that we already have) it would be really bad.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast