Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Why can't I play Freedom Cry? | Forums

Assassin's Creed Unity Make History Trailer [US]

Assassin?s Creed Unity ? Wear the Phantom Blade Replica

Assassin?s Creed Unity Cast of Characters Trailer [US]

Assassin?s Creed Unity Story Trailer [US]

Angry Why can't I play Freedom Cry?

Ok... So Freedom Cry was released yesterday (December 17.)... And I'm unable to play it. I pre-ordered it with AC4. Now that Freedom Cry is finaly out it just isn't there. I have Aveline there. Please help me. What should I do? The moment I started steam today, AC4 was updating so I should have it right? Right? Please help. Thank you.

Sincierly HeroesSword
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

The update you got was around 600mb. That is the PhysX patch. If I look at the Community Hub for AC4:BF you'll see loads of people haven't gotten their Freedom Cry yet despite already having purchased a Season Pass. However, people who bought it separately today on Steam are able to play it.

Steam is lagging behind it seems.

yeah it kind of pisses me off I sat here for over an hour trying to find the dlc and I have to wait cuz steam and uplay both want to fail for the people that pre ordered!

Quote Originally Posted by kyse2 View Post
    yeah it kind of pisses me off I sat here for over an hour trying to find the dlc and I have to wait cuz steam and uplay both want to fail for the people that pre ordered!
    ... indeed, many of us are ripped-off by this, and our anger is justified.
    ... however, certain trolls on the threads will just mock us as "impatient" ... problem is, this is not about "patience" ... it is about we are not getting what we paid for = ripped-off.

I don't mind the wait if everyone for pc had to still wait but it seems like that isn't the case

It should update at 6:00 PM EST if not we will need to wait until 1:00 PM EST tomorrow

Quote Originally Posted by medavroog View Post
    ... indeed, many of us are ripped-off by this, and our anger is justified.
    ... however, certain trolls on the threads will just mock us as "impatient" ... problem is, this is not about "patience" ... it is about we are not getting what we paid for = ripped-off.
    You've said it best. We paid for certain level of service, many of us in fact showing loyalty by pre-ordering. Some would argue that we should have bought from Uplay and Ubisoft is not responsible if we bought from Steam. That's the equivalent of saying Ubisoft is not responsible for their products if I bought them from Best Buy which is absurd. I'd sooner give up Ubisoft than Steam if they refuse to stand by their games sold via Steam.

Same issue here, this is pissing me off. With AC3 it was Ubisoft that made a complete mess of things with the dlcs, thats why I pre-ordered through steam for AC4. Now it's steam that messes up *sigh*

It looks like steam forgot to add the DLC to the season pass i don't understand how you can screw that up
    "If folks who bought it today separately are playing it, my guess would be someone at steam forgot to add freedom cry to the season pass and deluxe/gold edition packages. A check on steamdb pretty much confirms this: http://steamdb.info/sub/33495/#section_apps

The various editions that include the season pass are likewise missing freedom cry."
    Last edited by mikde1515; 12-18-2013 at 10:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mikde1515 View Post
    It looks like steam forgot to add the DLC to the season pass i don't understand how you can screw that up

"If folks who bought it today separately are playing it, my guess would be someone at steam forgot to add freedom cry to the season pass and deluxe/gold edition packages. A check on steamdb pretty much confirms this: steam://openurl/http://steamdb.info/.../#section_apps

The various editions that include the season pass are likewise missing freedom cry"
    Neat to see my post from Steam get quoted here

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast