Thread: Difference between Black Flag's DLC "Aveline" and "Liberation HD" | Forums

Assassin?s Creed Unity Co-Op Gameplay Trailer [US]

Assassin?s Creed Unity Co-op Heist Mission Commented Demo [US]

The Assassin's Creed Experience - Comic-Con Day 3

Assassin?s Creed Unity Arno Master Assassin CG Trailer [US]

Difference between Black Flag's DLC "Aveline" and "Liberation HD"

This topic may have already been answered somewhere, but I couldn't find anything like this in the forums.

I have the AC 4 Black Flag Deluxe Edition and do therfore possess the DLC "Aveline", which grants me "3 hours of gameplay" with a female character called "Aveline." So what exactely is the difference between the full game "Liberation HD" that will be released next year (and will feature a female character called "Aveline"), and this tiny DLC? Is the DLC just some kind of demo?

AC: Liberation HD is the HD remake of the vita game AC3 : Liberation.

The DLC with Aveline is an adventure that takes place after ACL.

But you agree, that both games deal with probably the SAME character, right? What is the sense in that then..That's the point I don't get in my mind.

Don't ever take Ubisoft by their word when they say you gonna get a 3 hour DLC (although I believe it was 1 hour that was advertised). It's just a nice little extra thing you get for PC and PS3 and has some good stealth parts.

And Libeartion HD is going to be awesome, I think. Always hoped they would remake it for non-Vita players

@Rivianer: Yeah. The protagonist is Aveline de Grandpre. The PS3 DLC is just a little extra with a mini story connected to Connor. Liberation was a Vita exclusive game, they decided to remake for console. So Liberation HD is a whole AC game set in New Orleans at Connor's time while the DLC thing is just one extra mission that takes place after the end of Liberation.
    Last edited by Daniela425; 12-16-2013 at 10:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rivianer View Post
    But you agree, that both games deal with probably the SAME character, right? What is the sense in that then..That's the point I don't get in my mind.
    What's so incomprehensible about one character appearing in more than one game?

It was kinda, because I thought the Aveline DLC from Black Flag would be an exclusive thing. This way, it's just some kind of a sneak preview of the full game.

It's a brand new mission, not a demo of Liberation.

It was kinda, because I thought the Aveline DLC from Black Flag would be an exclusive thing. This way, it's just some kind of a sneak preview of the full game.
    No, it was a sequel to AC Liberation which was released over a year ago. Liberation HD is a remake.

Quote Originally Posted by ze_topazio View Post
    It's a brand new mission, not a demo of Liberation.

Yeah. I know that. I wasn't talking about some unfinished game, it's just a needless DLC in my eyes. Whatever. My question has been answered, I consider this thread as solved. Thanks again, guys.

Yeah. I know that. I wasn't talking about some unfinished game, it's just a needless DLC in my eyes. Whatever. My question has been answered, I consider this thread as solved. Thanks again, guys.
    Avaline has a lot of fans - from the Vita game - many Vita owners also own a PS3 - or - PS4.. so it's a good bonus to fans of her.

If you don't want to play it - it's not cost anything - so it's upto you.

Liberation HD - is something many players asked for - since they felt they missed out due to not owning a Vita - so it's a win win situation for most?

Since you have you answers - I'll lock the thread.