Our third title update is now live on some platforms (PS3, Xbox360, Xbox One, PC, PS4) and will be live soon for everyone. You may have to wait until next week to get this patch. Meanwhile, here's a list of all the modifications that come with our latest patch:
We highlight these fixes that were affecting many of you. The community called them grouping or matchmaking issues)
- Fixed a bug where one group remained stuck on character selection if the other group leader quitted with the group while in lobby
- Fixed the situation where sometime two groups couldn't join each other
Artifact Assault Balancing
In addition to these fixes, we also gathered a lot of feedback about how Artifact Assault can feel unbalanced for now, in favor of Defense. With the TU3 release, we want to re-balance the mode.
The size of the capture zone has been increased to 6 meters (from 5 meters).
This change does not alter the way capture zones work. It doesn’t change the number of elements in it or the number of access to it.
However this slightly reduces the time for the attackers to get to the capture zone. It widens the zone a little bit for them.
Fixed a bug that prevented players affected by Knife from teleporting.
Fixed a bug that sometimes made a player become invisible when he tried to teleport while holding the artifact.
The Casting Time of Teleport can know be crafted to 3.5 / 3.15 / 2.8 seconds (from 3.5 / 3.25 / 3.00).
Teleport was too hard to counter on AC3 once crafted to its maximum, but we agreed that the crafting of the Teleport was this time too small to really make a difference.
With the updates done on other abilities, we decided to slightly increase its crafting.
Players affected by Time Phase are not able to climb or jump anymore.
We originally wanted to give some natural counters to the Time Phase, but this gave too much advantage to pursuers in team modes.
With this change, we want to make the ability more reliable.
A 1 second delay has been added before re-opening a door/lift with unstoppable equipped.
Countering a just-closed chasebreaker is a great feeling. Unfortunately, the ability unbalanced the game too much in Artifact Assault and ruined some level design opportunities: running on a straight line became the basic strategy for carriers.
We want to reward strategic and cunning escape techniques, and we think that a player should always have the advantage for using a Chasebreaker. The Unstoppable ability was breaking this promise.
But we didn’t want to remove the perk, as we like the opportunity it gives to the game: a closed chasebreaker will now take 1 second before being reopened.
What does that mean:
- A running pursuer will miss the reopening. He will climb the door or the wall behind the lift, or miss the just used corner helper.
- How to take advantage of the perk: by slightly slowing down your run or simply by doing some zigzags in the last meters before the chasebreaker (to give it some time to reopen).
Well used, Unstoppable still lets the pursuer to go on with the chase. But Chasebreakers will now always give an advantage to the targets, and the use of the perk now has to be planned.”
- Fixed a bug on the Wolfpack income
- Fixed some rare crashes and freezes
- Fixed a situation where the sign out message was not displayed when a sign out from PSN occured
- Fixed the icon for the "Professional" abstergo grade
- Fixed the situation where Abstergo rank appeared as undefined for unranked friends in Abstergo Network menu
- Applied fixes on the ladders
- Fixes the situation where you could see the animus shield during respawn
- Fixes on Wolfpack extra-objectives
- Fixed a bug where the compass disappears after Minor Hack has been used on NPCs
- Fixed a bug where the same clan could be splitted in the lobby
- A clan group remained stuck in character selection screen after the second clan was returned to search session
- Fixed a bug where player's decoy could be seen running in mid-air in a specific location in Prison
- Fixes on the rewards and unlocks
- Fixed a bug on favorite profile set sometimes replaced, once selected in game, by another one.
- XP earned when completing a Wolfpack session has been slightly reduced.
- Teleport: Casting Time can now be crafted to 3.5 / 3.15 / 2.8 seconds.
- Fixed the situation where the title remained stuck after unplugging the Ethernet Cable and having the Character Pack installed.
Please post your questions in reply to this message. I won't be able to give you dates.
Last edited by Ubi-Valentin; 01-07-2014 at 04:41 PM.
A few things I noticed in PC 1.02 which arent listed here
Manhunt round announcer is bugged, that woman repeats both rounds objectives in mixed order at the begining of each round. Very confusing at first, because in defensive round you are told to kill your targets, hide in groups, be aware of lookalikes and so on
Artifact not being reset in AA. Maybe just a random glitch due to network problems (not mine, my connection is fine), I dont play AA much in AC4 but today in 1 game artifact didnt return to its base. It wasnt stolen by anyone. So for 5 or so minutes one of the teams had unfair advantage, because another one could not steal.
Hide with your teammates to score more. Then kill them.
Will this fix the broken Master of the Carribean achievement on Xbox One? It's for completing Discovery Mode in Wolfpack. As it stands, Discovery Mode doesn't count as being finished even after you finish it. Currently, you don't even unlock the video that you're supposed to unlock.
Last edited by Gestahl; 12-10-2013 at 04:08 PM.
Seriously, i never thought you were going to push out this patch that fast!
A big thank you to the devs and especially to Ubi Valentin, who provides us not only the changelog but also an in-depth statement why and how things changed!
Great news. You are awesome, Ubi-Valentin!
PC alter-ego: PooBrainHorse https://www.youtube.com/user/SquirrelsFlyHigh
The Change to the Abilities sound really good. Hope everthings will work fine.
The Master of Civi Killing
I think you'll have to wait for the next patch, as the fix isn't on my list...Will this fix the broken Master of the Carribean achievement on Xbox One
The team is well aware of that. I'm following their progress on this issue. It's set to be fixed on Title Update 4 now. Sorry for the delay.
I have noticed that even when you are locked on to a character you see a floating kill prompt on other characters too. I have killed many NPCs this way because I was mashing the button trying to get a kill. Is this intentional or an oversight?
Also, the compass is VERY inaccurate right now. Lag or bug?