Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Freebird ? | Forums

Rocksmith 2014 Edition - The Smashing Pumpkins' "Cherub Rock"

How Guitar Teachers Can Use Rocksmith 2014 Edition

Rocksmith 2014 Edition -- How It Works -- Learn How To Play Guitar In 60 Days

Rocksmith 60-Day Challenge -- Trevor's Success Story -- Learn How To Play Guitar In 60 Days

Freebird ?

I'm sure the topic has been covered before but I couldn't find a dedicated thread that covers .....

Why the heck is this lame arrangement the only one available? Where is the Freebird lead guitar work that about 90% of the people interested in learning the song want to learn? It's only probably one of most played, tabbed, taught and learned pieces of guitar work ever created and 2014 seems to have the same lame version as the RS1. Is there a reason for this? Surely the guys at RockSmith realize this is probably one of the top 5 most popular leads ever written.

With all the other good things on RS (albeit very short on blues) this seems a glaring omission.
    JohnnyB
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

RS doesn't support slide guitar, which is how the lead part is played.

Quote Originally Posted by Wodashin View Post
    RS doesn't support slide guitar, which is how the lead part is played.
    Why not? Have you try it at least?

Slide guitar in Free Bird's end lead??? 3 guitars yeah but no slide there.

Quote Originally Posted by dataway View Post

Why the heck is ths lame arrangement the only one available? Where is the Freebird lead guitar work that about 90% of the people interested in learning the song want to learn? It's only probably one of most played, tabbed, taught and learned pieces of guitar work ever created and 2014 seems to have the same lame version as the RS1. Is there a reason for this?
    I'm not getting it...what's wrong about Freebird's lead in RS2014??? It's pretty hot soloing.....
    Last edited by MAng0r3; 11-30-2013 at 07:08 PM.

It can be played using finger slides, not perfect, but it's something. Not sure why RS wouldn't support slide, seems within the scope of the technology.

It's because RS is (and has to be) very sensitive to what notes are actually being played, and what frets are being played, slide can be extremely difficult to play and track so accurately that RS wouldn't be able to consistently detect the notes/frets being played. Bends are about as far as the game can deal with as far as note detection goes. Which is why you probably won't see a lot of extreme (if any) tremolo work either.
    You can call me ....Cliff.

RS can work with slides but it's the player that need to play right on pitch. Lead part in Go with the flow worked fine for me using the slide.

Does anyone actually think if they could have gotten the slide in Freebird to work, that they would leave it out? That would make no sense. I'm sure they tried, but couldn't get it to work, so they our it in the game anyway, because they already had the license by then.
    I'm telling you they get enough complaints already from people who come here and complain about how "I know I did this right and RS still would not recognize the notes. " And then it turns out, no, they didn't do it right, and were blaming the game and not where the fault actually lies, themselves. I can imagine that kinda thing getting out of hand if they tried to work in slide.
    You can call me ....Cliff.

I would've preferred to have it, even if it wasn't scored fully, similar to how RS1 wouldn't punish you for missing things on the 22nd fret (since a lot of guitars don't have it)... the slides could've been there, just not scored.

the RS1 songs weren't re tabbed for RS2,they were copied over so what was there in RS1 remains in RS2,pretty simple really.

and,man, get over Freebird,i got over it in oooh 1980,you mean you can bear to listen to it again? it was done to death thirty years ago lol
    The more YOU drink...........

the better WE sound

Quote Originally Posted by BazzTard61 View Post
    the RS1 songs weren't re tabbed for RS2,they were copied over so what was there in RS1 remains in RS2,pretty simple really.

and,man, get over Freebird,i got over it in oooh 1980,you mean you can bear to listen to it again? it was done to death thirty years ago lol
    Where to start with this......... First of all, I guess, we can start with the part that's verifiably, fundamentally just wrong: i.e. That they didn't rechart the RS1 songs. They did. You're wrong.

Secondly, secondly I'm going to ignore your stupidity in the second sentence lest I get myself banned with my response.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast