Thread: Best ships for Kenway's Fleet ! | Forums

The Assassin's Creed Experience - Comic-Con Day 3

Assassin?s Creed Unity Arno Master Assassin CG Trailer [US]

The Assassin's Creed Experience - Comic-Con Day 2

The Assassin's Creed Experience - Comic-Con Day 1

Question Best ships for Kenway's Fleet !

I know there is a guide out there that is supposed to say which ship are the best for Kenway's fleet minigames, but since I kindda played around trying to capture all types of ship myself, I'll let you know which one are the best per types, how to find them and what I believe are the best ship to have in your 15 slots !

First the schooners, the ones you should capture are the lvl 11 schooners, which u can find around convoys or in the middle part of the map. They are the fastest of all the ship u can capture, have a 20 units cargo hold and can be used against any type of "hazardous" fights on your routes. They usually shoot faster than most gunboats (and oneshot them) and can shoot twice a lone schooner before it shoots back. I'd suggest having two or three once you've unlocked all the routes and use them for the most lucrative missions with low cargo needs. Try and keep one available for all the low level fights.

Then comes the brigs. Those are probably the best fighting ships around to take on frigates / brigs compositions. There are three levels of those around the world (17, 20 and 25) and though I'm not sure whether the level 20 and 25 are equals in stats once u capture them, just go for the level 25 (found in the middle as well) and capture those. If u are far in the game and ur Jackdaw is pretty strong, u can get lvl 3 heat and the bounty hunter patrols that will come after u will be made of one such lvl 25 brig and lvl 38 frigate.
    It can be used for a few missions requiring 35 cargo space (that's it max) and it will go faster than any frigates. However, I suggest u capture 3 or 4 and use them mostly to take out the dangerous fights on your routes.

Third are the frigates. Same here, 3 levels roam the world, the lvl 23, 29 and 38. Weirdly enough, the lvl 29 and 38 aren't different and so there is not much point capturing the lvl 38 frigates (which are deadly midgame to a poorly fitted Jackdaw). I read on this forum that the written guide mentionned they were supposed to be better, but they aren't. Is it a glitch or did they change ? No clue. Those frigates will have 60 cargo space and they'll constitute the bulk of your travelling fleet as they go faster than the men'o'war and the cargo they can carry is enough for most of the late routes. You should have 5 or 6 in your roster and maybe keep one available for the bigger red fights.

Finally, the men'o'war are separated in three categories (not countain the legendaries which are not boardable) : lv 36, 49 and 60. This time, there is a rather large difference in speed and cargo between the lv 49 and 60 and the lv 60 are the ones you should aim for. They are fairly rare however. U can find some guarding the islands south of the world (they do not roam around so be sure to capture those) or by reaching the max bounty hunter lvl, in which case a lv 60 man'o'war will come chasing u together with a lv 38 frigates. I suggest u fill the rest of ur slots with those (4 or 5) to use for ur > 60 cargo missions and keep one available for the hardest fight on the European routes.

So in the end, here's what you should capture if you go for a spree to renew / start your fleet : Two lv11 schooners, Four lv25 brigs, Five lv29 / lv38 frigates, Four lv60 Men'o'War. And with that, you should be all set to do most missions and handle any fight comfortably.

Hope this helped you lot knowing what you should aim for !
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Thank Tonqfion, great post

I found this on ign.com and I think it could be useful as well:

Schooner

Level 4 – North Caribbean
    Speed: 63
    Fire Power: 12
    HP: 27
    Cargo Capacity: 15

Level 8 – North Caribbean
    Speed: 66
    Fire Power: 14
    HP: 29
    Cargo Capacity: 15

Level 11 – South Caribbean
    Speed: 70
    Fire Power: 15
    HP: 30
    Cargo Capacity: 20

Brig

Level 17 – North Caribbean
    Speed: 54
    Fire Power: 23
    HP: 45
    Cargo Capacity: 25

Level 20 – Navassa and Conttoyor Zones
    Speed: 50
    Fire Power: 24
    HP: 48
    Cargo Capacity: 30

Level 25 – Chinchorro and Charlotte Zones
    Speed: 60
    Fire Power: 25
    HP: 50
    Cargo Capacity: 35

Frigate

Level 23 – Punta Guarico, Castillo De Jagua and Serranilla Zones
    Speed: 45
    Fire Power: 32
    HP: 63
    Cargo Capacity: 40

Level 29 – Navassa and Charlotte Zones
    Speed: 45
    Fire Power: 33
    HP: 67
    Cargo Capacity: 50

Level 38 – Chinchorro Zones, At Maximum Wanted Level
    Speed: 50
    Fire Power: 35
    HP: 70
    Cargo Capacity: 60

Man O’ War

Level 36 – Charlotte Zones
    Speed: 9
    Fire Power: 63
    HP: 135
    Cargo Capacity: 70

Level 49 – Serranilla Zones
    Speed: 20
    Fire Power: 67
    HP: 143
    Cargo Capacity: 80

Level 60 – New Bone, At Maximum Wanted Level
    Speed: 30
    Fire Power: 70
    HP: 150
    Cargo Capacity: 90
    Last edited by LasStyle; 12-05-2013 at 11:57 AM.
    Need some uplay friends for AC4 Companion App - please add me
    Uplay username: LasStyle
    PSN-ID: LasStyle

Yup, thats actually quite perfect, except like I said, the data on the Frigates (lv 38 and 29) aren't actually correct !

My fleet is all level 60 pirate hunter captured men-o-war. That way I never have to mess with clearing trade routes. Just send those bad boys in, never lost one yet.

Added to the fleet, the Level 38 Frigate shows up with the following Stats:

Firepower: 33
    Speed: 47
    Cargo: 50

The HP isn't shown in the Fleet Ships list, so I do not have that information for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Tonqfion View Post
    Yup, thats actually quite perfect, except like I said, the data on the Frigates (lv 38 and 29) aren't actually correct !
    I hope it is right now
    Need some uplay friends for AC4 Companion App - please add me
    Uplay username: LasStyle
    PSN-ID: LasStyle

Quote Originally Posted by Teebob2000 View Post
    My fleet is all level 60 pirate hunter captured men-o-war. That way I never have to mess with clearing trade routes. Just send those bad boys in, never lost one yet.
    Yes, but those ships do not get a speed bonus on the trade routes. I have a mix. I actually use the lowest ranked ship for most of my battles (generally 2 schooners and 1 brig). Their rate of fire will allow you to hit your opponents 3 times before they get a shot off. And as long a you keep your trade routes well "policed", the biggest enemy you will face is a frigate. 2 schooners and a brig can easily handle a frigate and a schooner/brig. If they have more than 1 frigate, I might use a fire barrel - or I might throw a big ship in the bottom slot, since that is the one they go after. Only time I lost a ship was when a MOW fired on my top ship (which never happens).