Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: JIMI HEDRIX on bandfuse will rocksmith step it up | Forums

Rocksmith 2014 Edition - The Smashing Pumpkins' "Cherub Rock"

How Guitar Teachers Can Use Rocksmith 2014 Edition

Rocksmith 2014 Edition -- How It Works -- Learn How To Play Guitar In 60 Days

Rocksmith 60-Day Challenge -- Trevor's Success Story -- Learn How To Play Guitar In 60 Days

Jimi who? Who needs him when we have Magic Wands and Gold Motel? OK, so I am being a bit tongue-in-cheek (I actually quite like those songs), but that was part of the frustration leading up to the release of Rocksmith 2014 when they were drip-feeding us songs on the set list every week. People are wanting Hendrix, Page, SRV and a whole number of other legendaries and instead we got, well, we got what we got. Then, as I always suspected, we start getting the premium (for want of a better term) content through DLC. For example, that's some classic Iron Maiden, Green Day, Radiohead packs in as many weeks... although I am quite happy to see this, I am slightly bemused that we didn't get more of this on-disc to begin with.

I wouldn't be surprised to see more of the frequently requested bands / guitarists come through DLC, as the developers said in the Reddit Q&A, "nothing is impossible". Maybe they needed to see if they will get the financial retuns through DLC, in order to make it viable to fork out for the expensive licencing costs...
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

All of this stuff is really interesting.

I wonder if we will get JH DLC because both games do have a lot of the same songs. Fingers crossed.

Quote Originally Posted by Gozer65 View Post
    All of this stuff is really interesting.

I wonder if we will get JH DLC because both games do have a lot of the same songs. Fingers crossed.
    I'm fairly certain that the Hendrix Experience deal with Realta is exclusive; so unless they are willing to sub-license, which is unlikely given what seems to be their current goal, we won't see Jimi in RS anytime soon.
    Last edited by Stang616; 11-27-2013 at 05:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rwilson1982 View Post
    For example, that's some classic Iron Maiden, Green Day, Radiohead packs in as many weeks... although I am quite happy to see this, I am slightly bemused that we didn't get more of this on-disc to begin with.
    We got 1 on disc song from each of these bands. They said specifically that there would be no repeats on disc. One song from each artist. This was to try and have the biggest scope of genres they could to attract the most people.

Quote Originally Posted by rcole_sooner View Post
    Just as long as they don't start into whippin' on my favorite baby seal.

HA!

Instant listen right there. I just love that whole album!

I guess I'm one of THOSE people... When you say "Who is the most influential rock artists of the past 50 years?", I'd respond with the requisite "Beatles, Elvis, Hendrix, Led Zep."

On the other hand, when you ask me who I want to PLAY on here, those 4 artists would be nowhere near the top... I'd be FAR more excited for Bon Jovi, ZZ Top, Bryan Adams, Garth Brooks, Def Leppard, Tom Petty, U2, Aerosmith, Springsteen... A LOT of other groups would come before the "influential" ones... So, yeah, I don't see the Hendrix grab as a HUGE, MAJOR, OMGZ WTFZ, THE INTERNETZ ARE WON!!! kind of thing... Good on BF for getting him, but I don't think this makes RS' DLC selection look like crap by any means. In their own way, each artist that RS has released so far could be considered bigger, from a "real guitar Game" marketing standpoint, than Hendrix.

Musical taste is subjective, but just because you like something more doesn't make that thing more revered. I find it impossible to think that the majority of people would say that Hendrix isn't one of the biggest, if not the biggest, seen in the genre. He did kind of heavily influence the way people play the guitar in general, and influenced a ton of the guys who influenced the guys who people are influenced by these days. Learning those songs, with note for note representation and getting that stuff down is immensely awesome, I would think. Jimi has a very unique playing style.

However, as has been said, in this day and age, the actual sales may not be that amazing just because it's Hendrix. It seems like that doesn't mean much for a good portion of people, so it seems like a pointless acquisition at the cost of the delay of Bandfuse's DLC. I personally would purchase Jimi DLC over Green Day or Radiohead in a heartbeat, but there are many bands I'd want over Jimi too. However, I think it's important that Hendrix DLC would probably give you a lot of new techniques to work with, and interesting ideas for your playing, if you're into that.

Hendrix DLC is a big deal but my reply is more directed at the "step it up" comment, since Rocksmith are very much "stepping it up" with DLC.

Quote Originally Posted by toymachinesh View Post
    Ubisoft should go after Zappa instead
    I'd play Titties and Beer

Carl

Steam Community Profile ID: dungeon-master
    My Rocksmith 2014 Wiki - 1/29 - Have the Settings Editor form up. Todo: Create the Settings save script.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast