Thread: Trojan detected in uplay_unins.exe on disc | Forums

Assassin?s Creed Unity Co-Op Gameplay Trailer [US]

Assassin?s Creed Unity Co-op Heist Mission Commented Demo [US]

The Assassin's Creed Experience - Comic-Con Day 3

Assassin?s Creed Unity Arno Master Assassin CG Trailer [US]

Question Trojan detected in uplay_unins.exe on disc

When I installed Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag, it was just about finished when this error popped up: "Unable to execute file: E:\Support\Software\uplay_unins.exe CreateProcess failed; code 5. Access is denied." At the same time, McAfee popped up and told me it blocked a trojan it had detected in the same file mentioned in the error, called Artemis something, and had blocked it. I don't know if this is nothing really, just McAfee being over-sensitive, but I thought I'd check to see if anyone else had the same problem. It didn't seem to stop it from finishing, so I'm not overly worried, but still want to know.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

I had the exact same problem. Though, is it an actual trojan on the disc, or is it just McAfee being paranoid? (Yes, I'm using the same security program). If an admin could respond, that'd be much appreciated.

I had a similar problem. Downloaded version of AC4 Gold Edition. Two files, firewallGE8.exe and firewallGE8_rem.exe. McAfee found Artemis!, a Trojan virus in then. It blocked and quarantined them. Couple days later same issue with patch. Since then running 'Verify files' McAfee will still block and quarantine firewallGE8.exe. I did post a ticket about it, but no response.

Same exact thing has happened to me! Has this affected you all's games? I cannot play mine because it keeps crashing about every minute.