Thread: IT won't install, GR won't un-install or patch to 1.4. Help!!! | Forums

XyZspineZyX
    Hey, I just did a fress install of Win XP on my machine and am now trying to re-install the game but I seem to have hit a large wall of problems.

I did everything in the same order as I did before I did the format, installed GR, patched to 1.3, then to 1.4. But when I tried to patch to 1.4 it said the first time "Game must be patched to 1.3. Setup will now exit". Then when I tried again it went through the install, but didn't actually install the patch. The same thing happens with IT, runs the installer, but doesn't actually install the game. Same with the un-installer for GR. So I tried to un-install manually (basically just hit delete on the folders). But GR still thinks it's installed but won't un-install. Any help would be greatly appreciated, becasue, frankly, I'm stumped.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

XyZspineZyX
    Hey, I just did a fress install of Win XP on my machine and am now trying to re-install the game but I seem to have hit a large wall of problems.

I did everything in the same order as I did before I did the format, installed GR, patched to 1.3, then to 1.4. But when I tried to patch to 1.4 it said the first time "Game must be patched to 1.3. Setup will now exit". Then when I tried again it went through the install, but didn't actually install the patch. The same thing happens with IT, runs the installer, but doesn't actually install the game. Same with the un-installer for GR. So I tried to un-install manually (basically just hit delete on the folders). But GR still thinks it's installed but won't un-install. Any help would be greatly appreciated, becasue, frankly, I'm stumped.

XyZspineZyX
    See <font color=red><u>here</u></font> for a thorough guide for uninstalling Ghost recon and its registry keys.

After you've finished that, install the original ghost recon but don't apply any patches. Instead, try installing Island thunder. Or, if you have Desert siege, put that in before Island thunder.

Finally, apply patch 1.4. If all goes well, the main screen in Ghost recon should say 1.4 in the lower right-hand corner of the screen.

Let us know if it works or doesn't.

XyZspineZyX
    Deleted those files, re-installed and everything works peachy now. Thanks alot dude!

By the way, do you have any idea why it all went wrong? I've been thinking about it and I haven't got a clue.