Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: AC4 Steam Save File Location? | Forums

Assassin's Creed Unity Revolution Gameplay Trailer [US]

Assassin's Creed Unity Official E3 2014 Co-op Commented Demo [US]

Assassin's Creed Unity: Introduction to Arno [US]

Assassin's Creed Unity E3 2014 World Premiere Cinematic Trailer [US]

AC4 Steam Save File Location?

Seeing how UBISOFT is being their usual...well, Ubisoft towards PC gamers, I'd like to manually backup my saves, before something happens to them.

Does anybody knows where the saves are stored on steam version of AC4?
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

steam or non-steam, UPlay handles saves for all Ubisoft games and the location for them:

x64 Windows:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Ubisoft\Ubisoft Game Launcher\Save games\[GUID]\X

x86 Windows:

C:\Program Files\Ubisoft\Ubisoft Game Launcher\Save games\[GUID]\X

where [GUID] stands for your encrypted UPlay account and X represents a number more like an ID for each game.

NOTE: Change the drive from "C" to where UPlay was installed if you changed the default installation folder.
    Last edited by YAZ_H; 11-22-2013 at 06:56 PM.

Oh, cool. Thanks a lot for the info, but do you happen to know what number stands for AC4?

Quote Originally Posted by luciusnetheril View Post
    Oh, cool. Thanks a lot for the info, but do you happen to know what number stands for AC4?
    mmm sorry no, i didnt get the game yet, but you can know very easily, launch the game, play for 10 seconds, exit and navigate to the saves folder posted above, check "Date Modified" for the files inside each folder with numbers inside [GUID] folder, the one containing current time and date is the one for AC4.

I'll do that, thanks a lot!

Sure enough, I've fragin lost my 24% progress in spite of manually saving the game. it simply didn't recognized my saved files when I've placed them into save folder.

Quote Originally Posted by luciusnetheril View Post
    Sure enough, I've fragin lost my 24% progress in spite of manually saving the game. it simply didn't recognized my saved files when I've placed them into save folder.
    if you still have your backup saves, then go to UPlay settings and turn off "Sync saves with the cloud", then exit uplay and copy over your backup copy of saves into the saves location, then launch the game again. you lost 24% because UPlay synced the saves and overwritten your current saves with old ones saved in the cloud.

This a major problem in UPlay and never been addressed with all complaints from the community, they should act like Origin and give you the option to choose which saves to keep incase if there is a mismatch not just override your saves assuming server saves are the most current ones.

I have save files from the pre release and i bought the game, and i just want to transfer the files from that game to the purchased one, but the save files keep getting overwritten. i turned off the sync setting, but the game doesnt change. basically, how do i transfer save files from one game to the other?

Quote Originally Posted by Ataysian View Post
    I have save files from the pre release and i bought the game, and i just want to transfer the files from that game to the purchased one, but the save files keep getting overwritten. i turned off the sync setting, but the game doesnt change. basically, how do i transfer save files from one game to the other?
    what do you mean by pre-release?! pirated copy?!

Too bad how officially uplay isnt being supported anymore for recent games, maybe someday it will be updated or work. But per their last financial announcement current issues facing uplay will not be resolved for the issues given sadly.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast