Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: AC4 Black Flag (PC) Cannot Download | Forums

Assassin's Creed® Freedom Cry Gameplay Walkthrough Trailer [UK]

Freedom Cry DLC Launch Trailer | Assassin's Creed 4 Black Flag [UK]

Official Accolade Trailer - Assassin's Creed 4 Black Flag [UK]

Multiplayer Features Trailer | Assassin's Creed 4 Black Flag [UK]

AC4 Black Flag (PC) Cannot Download

I preordered AC4 black flag and tried to download it on Uplay early this afternoon. Everything seemed to be going fine until about half-way through when I encountered an error. "Download failed due to a disk write error."

I have made several subsequent attempts. I wiped the info that had been downloaded from my computer and tried again. It didn't work. I get the same error, only it goes straight to the error message.

Any help you may be able to offer would be greatly appreciated. Let me know what other information you guys might need from me.

UPDATE:

I uninstalled Uplay and reinstalled it to see if that would make a difference. I now have a new error. "Failed To Start download. Uplay is unable to start your download. Check that you have an active internet connection and sufficient space on your hard drive then try again."

I have over 500 gigabytes of free space. And the very existence of this update shows I have internet.
    Last edited by BJ2727; 11-19-2013 at 08:46 PM. Reason: An update.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

I have the same problem, plenty of hard drive space too.

I have the same problem. It looks like the download is mostly if not all complete in C:\Program Files (x86)\Ubisoft\Ubisoft Game Launcher\games\Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag\uplay_download\273.

I'm having this same issue.

I tried changing both the download folder and the game installation folder, but either way I get the "Download failed to due to a disk write error" response as soon as I select my language (American English), and trying again initially results in the message "Download failed. Check that you have an active internet connection and sufficient space on your hard drive and click retry to start the download again or try again later." Clicking retry gives me the first error message, and repeat and repeat and repeat.

I "pre-ordered" the game through the NVIDIA promotion, and I also purchased the Season Pass through Green Man Gaming. Both are redeemed to this account. I have three drives. My SSD has 38.1 GB free, my games drive has 146 GB free, and my backup has 519 GB free. It doesn't matter which drive I try to use. I still get the disk write and internet connection/insufficient space errors.

Hi, I had the same problem.
    Check if your anti virus program causes the error (turn it off while downloading/installing or create an exception for the files in the ACBF folder).
    In my case Avira Antivir recognized two *.exe files as possibly harmful: firewallGE.exe and firewallGE_rem.exe. I hope those are false positives btw...

Quote Originally Posted by Hiltjabrand View Post
    Check if your anti virus program causes the error (turn it off while downloading/installing or create an exception for the files in the ACBF folder).
    In my case Avira Antivir recognized two *.exe files as possibly harmful: firewallGE.exe and firewallGE_rem.exe. I hope those are false positives btw...
    You're right! My anti-malware suite (Webroot SecureAnywhere) was preventing firewallGE.exe and firewallGE_rem.exe. I just excluded the entire download directory and now my download appears to be working again. Thanks for the suggestion.

I'm not getting far enough in the process that anything has even started downloading. I have no Assassin's Creed folder, and no files have downloaded.

I have Comodo Firewall, Microsoft Security Essentials, and Ad-Aware Free Antivirus, and disabling these still does not allow the download to begin.

I will try Thanks for the suggestion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiltjabrand View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Z-Saber View Post
    I'm not getting far enough in the process that anything has even started downloading. I have no Assassin's Creed folder, and no files have downloaded.
    i have the same problem as you do, and i guess the rest of you ... turning the firewall off dosent fix the problem ... i can download other games, no problem (like far cry 3)

Whenever I try to download it, No more than two minutes later the client simply stops downloading and promptly crashes.

I've rebooted, reset my router, uninstalled and reinstalled uplay, turned off antivirus, absolutely nothing works. And other services are working fine, or even downloading an update for Splinter Cell, it's just Black Flag that's the problem.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast