Thread: How do you guys evolve ? one song at the time ? | Forums

Rocksmith 2014 Edition - The Smashing Pumpkins' "Cherub Rock"

How Guitar Teachers Can Use Rocksmith 2014 Edition

Rocksmith 2014 Edition -- How It Works -- Learn How To Play Guitar In 60 Days

Rocksmith 60-Day Challenge -- Trevor's Success Story -- Learn How To Play Guitar In 60 Days

How do you guys evolve ? one song at the time ?

Hi guys. So I have been playing with Rocksmith for 2 weeks now and I was wondering. Do you guys take like one song and learn it until you reach 90 to 100% ?

Or do you guys do it like I have been doing it until now. I play all song recommended for me from the game. I get like 30-40% with all songs I have played until now.

Now I'm wondering if I should continue to learn new songs or do I should get back to the others and try to perfect my play on those songs first ?

Tell me how you are doing it I hope I get some nice feedbacks from you !

Thanks guys !
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

I'm in the learning process as you are. What I have decided to do with RS2014, is I picked a group of 5 songs that I had a chance of getting to 100%. What I do is I pick one of those songs as a warm up song that I play each time before I go off on my own and explore. If I get that song to 100%, I switch to another. What I have found is it starts to reinforce the song in memory and you will find you can play it outside of the game (which I do to annoy the cats). My hope is, as time goes on, the warm up songs will get harder and harder. I would also join the weekly challenge to show you new songs you might not have otherwise played. A fun diversion, but stay with one of your group as a warm up. I found this evening I really like Jack White's sixteen saltines (rhythm). I tried the challenges under the guitarcade for the first time tonight and it was listed so I gave it a try. It's a blast to play! It is now part of the core group that will be a warm up (when it's time comes). You should also consider joining Rocksmith Buddy. Helps keep track of everything. With all the songs available, it will get out of hand in short order! Regardless, just have fun! I'm still working on not dropping the guitar!

I started out with the new version by playing as much new stuff as I could. This was mostly to get a feel for the new interface and to start posting my stats at RSBuddy. Then I started focusing on the easier songs and I'll gradually work my way up to the harder stuff. I would urge you to join in the weekly challenges here. This will push you to lock in on one song for a week which can really push you past your boundaries. Playing a lot of different songs is fun but working on one for a long time will really help your playing improve.

edit - Also what Ptrash said.

Thanks guys ! Amazing tips I'll give all those advice a try tonight.

I'll give you a feedback in some weeks

Thanks guys ! Amazing tips I'll give all those advice a try tonight.

I'll give you a feedback in some weeks

Going through the technique lessons step by step is a big help as well... The only issue I've had so far is when I'm progressing through each lesson and then every so often the interface freezes and I have to restart the game... I hope Ubisoft look at this issue and come up with a solution. It seemed to happen on the 2012 version a lot with me as well... But I still love the game

Heh, Brick did it backwards from me. I dove into the hard stuff, whether or not I was familiar with the song, cranked up the difficulty, and played until I was frustrated enough to use Riff Repeater on the sections I couldn't nail. I'm slowly working my way backwards through the easier stuff and older stuff.

I do prefer to improve on a small set of songs for a few days, then rotate songs as I get a few to 100% or feel like I can't improve more until I work on other techniques in other songs.

And there's always someone different. I have that odd OCD + ADD thing going on. I'll jump from song to song just to experience the style, play a few times because the first couple of times lets me pick up the nuances, and then "ohh shiny" off to another song that catches my ear So I'm just playing as many songs as I can. With almost 1,000 arrangements, it'll take a while before I'm through them all.

I do hit the lessons from time to time and will pop into 'Learn a Song' if I'm on a song I like and appear to be stuck but I'm mostly just playing for fun. I figure the more I play, the easier it'll be to shape chords, to intuitively know where frets and strings are, and so move with confidence on the fretboard.

At least for me it's working. I've noticed recently that I've gotten distracted by something and my fingers will still jump right where they belong. Especially on the bass.

Carl

Steam Community Profile ID: dungeon-master
    My Rocksmith 2014 Wiki - 1/29 - Have the Settings Editor form up. Todo: Create the Settings save script.

A guitarist who can play an entire song, note for note, perfectly, is much more impressive in my opinion than a guy who can just play a handful of riffs.

Quote Originally Posted by Valgoroth View Post
    A guitarist who can play an entire song, note for note, perfectly, is much more impressive in my opinion than a guy who can just play a handful of riffs.
    Cool. Fortunately I have no interest in impressing a guy. Hell, at this point in my life, I not likely to impress any gals either. I'm doing it, just like everything else I do, because I like it.

Carl

Steam Community Profile ID: dungeon-master
    My Rocksmith 2014 Wiki - 1/29 - Have the Settings Editor form up. Todo: Create the Settings save script.