Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: One Year of Rocksmith | Forums

Rocksmith 2014 Edition - The Smashing Pumpkins' "Cherub Rock"

How Guitar Teachers Can Use Rocksmith 2014 Edition

Rocksmith 2014 Edition -- How It Works -- Learn How To Play Guitar In 60 Days

Rocksmith 60-Day Challenge -- Trevor's Success Story -- Learn How To Play Guitar In 60 Days

One Year of Rocksmith

It's been about a year since I started really playing guitar, and started playing Rocksmith. I decided that I would post a thread about how Rocksmith has helped me in this near-365 day experience. Maybe have a video up as well at some point too.

I got a guitar once a long time ago, and all I had was a book. I held the pick wrong. I held the guitar wrong. I knew a few open chords, and a few songs that I could strum to. It was unsatisfying and I gave up. I bought Rocksmith on recommendation from a friend, and it got me to the point where I both wanted to learn, and was able to learn via the tools gained from playing Rocksmith. Starting from almost less than nothing, the game, and this community, has pushed me to get better. The challenges on this site were huge for motivating me to improve.

After getting Rocksmith, I also got into Megadeth, and so it's been my goal to be able to play Hangar 18. Due to extenuating circumstances, I have can only use the old RS for now, but regardless, I levelled up Hangar 18 finally (had to use the bug on a good number of the solos), and I've finally "mastered" the song. Best run so far is 87%, and I know I can improve on that. Not only that,

I'm not really sure where one's supposed to be at a year, but I'm pretty happy with where I am, and want to push myself to keep getting better, and I'm just extremely thankful for Rocksmith and the Rocksmith community.

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

The only place you are "supposed" to be after a year of Rocksmith is . . .

Standing in your living room with a guitar strapped around your neck and a big smile on your face.

Great job.

Quote Originally Posted by KilaRoach View Post
    The only place you are "supposed" to be after a year of Rocksmith is . . .

Standing in your living room with a guitar strapped around your neck and a big smile on your face.

Great job.
    Ditto!

Amazing (if not astonishing) progress after only one year of play Wodashin You have some serious talent my friend so keep at it. At this rate, we'll all be looking up to you in Div 1 soon!

Impressive man and looking forward to your Hangar 18 video someday!

yeah, I*remember when we were rivals on Free Bird, we were head-to-head, I really did my best, but I*could only see you skyrocket and get to a level I just can’t reach now

Congrats man, your progress is admirable, keep up with the great job !

Thanks for the kind words guys!

I put up a video on Hangar 18. It's not as good as I can really play it. I fumble a lot more in front of the camera. I'm hoping to get a better video up before the year is out. Hopefully if I can somehow get the updated DLC on my Xbox and then play it there, through Score Attack. Anyways, I mess up some of the solos, but I'm pretty happy with the middle portion with the Friedman solos. Playing the solos in riff repeater, and actually putting them together in the song, are very different things to tackle it seems.

It's a bit quiet for some reason, but it lacks the horrendous audio issues of my previous videos, so oh well.

Congratulations! Quite an accomplishment in that span of time!

just over a year for me too, just this week im beginning to understand alt picking and im close....so close to mastering unnatural selection which was my goal.
    PSN name: snookerace123

Excellent video man !!! Your technique is so good have you been taking courses outside of Rocksmith ?

Also, what guitar are you using on this ? Looks like an Ibanez RG7421

Awesome job on that Wodashin! Can't wait to see how your playing is a year from now.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast